Go Back   Cosplay.com > Fashion > EGL

Unread 12-23-2007, 04:55 PM   #1
artisticpsyco
Cosplay senses tingling..

How can I modify this?

I really want to turn my homecoming dress into a kuro&shiro dress, but I'm not sure how else to modify it. I'm not sure how to add more coverage for below my neck without ruining the look of the overall outfit. Theres also a black tulle trim that extends past the petticoat and I'm not sure whether or not I should cover it somehow.

The first attatchment is how I plan to modify the dress so far, the second is what the dress looks like right now. Please excuse the lack of artistic ability and my messy room, I'm still trying to wrap presents brfore Christmas Eve. ^_^U
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1223071319.jpg (36.5 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 1223071322.jpg (68.9 KB, 0 views)

Unread 12-23-2007, 09:06 PM   #2
Kaimana Scarlet
I needz frills moar

You sound like you've got it pretty well thought out already, and the dress is very cute! And your modifications are very good. As for the tulle, if you add black lace(make sure to get good lace) on the bottom fringe of the dress, then it should cover it up. either way i don't think it would be that big of a deal if it showed a bit ^^ if you wanted to add a bit more lace (i know lace does not equal loli, but it may help to the feel a bit)it may look good around the waistband area. Of course, it would look fine without it as well. All in all, it would work very well for a lolita outfit, make sure to post pictures of it after it is finished ^^
Halloween skirt: 50%
BlackxWhite Lolita w/ parasol: 100%

Last edited by Kaimana Scarlet : 12-24-2007 at 02:09 PM.
Kaimana Scarlet is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-24-2007, 05:15 AM   #3
*Le*

well one thing is that the shape of the dress is all wrong. the lowest possible area you want your skirt to hit is your waist not your hips, thats a bit too low.

you might want to detatch the skirt, and re-attatch it a little higher. and i would say to definately get rid of the tulle strip at the bottom. or it would look as if your petticoat is showing, and thats best avoided.

and the neck line is fine really, you dont need to do anything to it. just add some straps to the dress and your fine
*Le* is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-24-2007, 01:07 PM   #4
LGS

DON'T add any corset lacing to it, the blackwork embroidery is elegant enough on its own. I agree with *Le*, just raise the waist, lose the tulle and add shoulderstraps and you should be fine, so long as you wear a blouse ^_^
Unread 12-24-2007, 02:52 PM   #5
Elenoa
Funny Bunny

I'm thinking that instead of adding sleeves to the dress, you should probably just wear a blouse under the dress (if you can manage it) or wear a jacket/shawl to cover up your shoulders. Adding straps should be okay too, but IMO even with straps it seem like the neckline is too low.

And I don't exactly suggest moving up the waist line cuz then that means your skirt will be shorter in the end, and adding to the bottom of the skirt might be risky as it could ruin the overall look and feel of the skirt.

But I agree that the dress is very nice and full of loli-potential. I hope you can manage it somehow and I look foward to the finished product!
Elenoa is offline   Reply With Quote