Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Video Games

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 12-31-2007, 02:44 PM   #16
TsukikoAiko

Quote:
Originally Posted by EternalStar View Post
I did that for my bf's cosplay. We did it last minute. If you can't find a black turtle neck retail I'd try going to the second hand stores. If that doesn't work I'd take a sleeveless black shirt and take out the old collar (what little thats in there) and sew in a new one. I did that for my Rena Lanford cosplay.
Yeah, it looks like we're going to try to go to value village and goodwill again hoping we can find something. Thanks for your help!
On the bright side I'll have progress pictures up within a week.

Edit: It's not the best photo because it was early in the morning, but here are Shana's shoes at 75%
http://i223.photobucket.com/albums/d...nashoes011.jpg

Anise - Tales of the Abyss
Professor Nebilim - Tales of the Abyss
S-ko - Guilty Gear XX
Sailor Uranus - Sailor Moon ~In Progress~
Sophitia - Soul Calibur 3 (Remaking)

Last edited by TsukikoAiko : 12-31-2007 at 02:48 PM.
TsukikoAiko is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 12-31-2007, 03:15 PM   #17
Aleera
Master Thief

I've done a little work on my regular/battle Shana, using white satin for the base and shorts. I'm planning to use brown spandex for the waist belt and shoulder, then detail in gold 3d fabric marker or paint. The quiver I'm reusing from Marle is vinyl and not that hard to make. I'm using boots I own. The only reason I wouldn't recommend cotton for white costumes like hers is it might look plain since it is mostly white. My Marle is somewhat similar to Shana and part of why I decided to go satin again is I want it to look nice.

Black turtleneck, I would imagine they would be easy to find either new at a Ross store or a thrift store etc. We're still in winter months too so stores should have it.
Unread 12-31-2007, 03:31 PM   #18
TsukikoAiko

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aleera View Post
The only reason I wouldn't recommend cotton for white costumes like hers is it might look plain since it is mostly white. My Marle is somewhat similar to Shana and part of why I decided to go satin again is I want it to look nice.
I'd never thought of using satin, the thing with Shana's costume however is it is plain. There is one photo (on the Queen Fury) where Shana's costume does look like satin, but in the others I've found it looks like a textured cotton.
That's just going off what I think and the photos. I could be wrong, but the cotton I found I like a lot. Hopefully I can get photos for you guys soon. *hates being sick*

Sadly I checked Ross and a few department stores. Nobody has turtlenecks : /

S-ko - Guilty Gear XX
Unread 01-02-2008, 07:31 AM   #19
Eva Yui
OMGWTFBBQ

Those shoes look so awesome, Tsu! How'd you make them?

As for satin or coton. I'd lean toward cotton only because I don't always like the way satin looks and how it shows up when you take a photo of it. Though as for the cotton...I wonder how I'd make sure there's texture to it.

And as for turtlenecks...they are hard to find because not many people wear them. At least not in my area and once something isn't remotely fashionable its better to go goodwill/salvation army. Even then we all know that it'll be hunt.

My deviantart

Next stop!: Katsucon
Current cosplay(s):
Rei Ayanami [school-girl ver.] (100%)
Rena Lanford //Star Ocean: The Second Story (100%)
Upcoming cosplay(s):
Medusa Gorgon // Soul Eater (90%)

Eva Yui is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-02-2008, 05:29 PM   #20
TsukikoAiko

Quote:
Those shoes look so awesome, Tsu! How'd you make them?

As for satin or coton. I'd lean toward cotton only because I don't always like the way satin looks and how it shows up when you take a photo of it. Though as for the cotton...I wonder how I'd make sure there's texture to it.

And as for turtlenecks...they are hard to find because not many people wear them. At least not in my area and once something isn't remotely fashionable its better to go goodwill/salvation army. Even then we all know that it'll be hunt.
My Mom may have a black turtleneck around she said we could use, if not we're off to Goodwill on Saturday. Good thing Value Village is close by incase Goodwill doesnt have anything.

To make the shoes I modified Sarcasm-hime's bootcover tutorial. I started out with a pair of mary janes and I cut off the straps and saved the buckles for the shoe belts. I used felt (the only thing that had the right look of her shoes) and covered the toe. Then i added another strip of fabric for the stripe. After that I modified the bootcover tutorial out of the felt for the rest of the shoe. I used fabritac to hold it all together. I have the laces and shoe belts also but I'm not messing with them until it gets closer to convention time incase my feet decide to do something funny.

As far as the cotton goes I'll try to get a closeup shot of the fabric and post it with the clothes. I'm actually sewing the trim on Shana's top now, but I dont have a machine so it's a slow process ^^;

S-ko - Guilty Gear XX

Last edited by TsukikoAiko : 01-02-2008 at 05:36 PM.
Unread 01-04-2008, 08:32 AM   #21
Eva Yui
OMGWTFBBQ

Aw, I'd lend you my machine if I could! What pattern did you use for the top? If you did use one. I can't wait to see progress pics.

My deviantart

Current cosplay(s):
Upcoming cosplay(s):

Unread 01-04-2008, 02:16 PM   #22
TsukikoAiko

Quote:
Aw, I'd lend you my machine if I could! What pattern did you use for the top? If you did use one. I can't wait to see progress pics.
I didn't use a pattern ^^; When I went to look they didn't have anything I could really mod to use because it was in November. As far as progress goes I have the front blue trim on, all I have to do now is add the white insert with the laces and finish up the trim. I may be away for a few days since Dart's coming here tonight until Sun. to work on costumes but when I get back I'll have pictures.

S-ko - Guilty Gear XX
Unread 01-11-2008, 02:04 PM   #23
TsukikoAiko

I'm back! (Would've been sooner, but you all know how back to school works)
We were able to find the right top for Dart and we started working on the armor. I haven't really done anything more with Shana yet because I needed a break from sewing and then school. Hopefully this weekend I'll get a lot done and get some more pictures for you guys.

S-ko - Guilty Gear XX
Unread 01-14-2008, 09:29 AM   #24
Frostmourne
Sherry Wrong

Nice to see some other LOD fans out there!
Anywho, I'm starting the project of making the Dragoon form of Shana. I'll post progress photos as things come together. I plan on using wonderflex and craft foam, going to play around for a bit to see what works. The most frustrating part will be the wings and how to keep them attached.

Hopefully I can complete this, I've always wanted to cosplay a Dragoon character.
Sunday : ?

Planned 2011 : Aisha Klan Klan (Outlaw Star), Ai Chan (Yatterman), Dio Brando (JoJo's Bizarre Adventure)

Last edited by Frostmourne : 01-14-2008 at 09:50 AM.
Frostmourne is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-14-2008, 09:50 AM   #25
Eva Yui
OMGWTFBBQ

The dragoon armor? Wow. I'd love to see any of the characters in that armor. Insane...but most likely as bad as doing a Trinity Blood cosplay from what I've seen. You must post pics of the progress!

My deviantart

Current cosplay(s):
Upcoming cosplay(s):

Unread 01-14-2008, 10:40 AM   #26
Aleera
Master Thief

@ beatrix: Let me know which FL (or GA even) con you are bringing her to when you finish, I don't want to miss this. I have regular Shana supplies I ordered what I needed to continue (for the waist sash and brown armor stuffs). I'd also be willing to cosplay Meru or Miranda if you'd like one instead of having another Shana around, lol.
Unread 01-14-2008, 01:17 PM   #27
TsukikoAiko

YAY! More LOD cosplayers!!!
I'm almost done with Shana's clothes. I only have to add the trim to the back and I've got it all cut. I would've finished it last night but my hand slipped moving the iron and I got burnt pretty badly. I should have pictures for you guys today or tomorrow depending on packages coming. (Dart's wig is one of them)

S-ko - Guilty Gear XX
Unread 01-14-2008, 05:13 PM   #28
Frostmourne
Sherry Wrong

Hmm, after some intense thought today...I'll be doing Rose's Regular Outfit instead. I'm not really comfortable with showing my middle area quite yet.

@Aleera : Absolutely! I'll let you know, but it'll definitely have to be a con that has lots of room so preferably at a convention center. If I'm crazy enough to finish this by Megacon in March I will wear it there. I have a couple of other projects ahead of it.
Sunday : ?

Planned 2011 : Aisha Klan Klan (Outlaw Star), Ai Chan (Yatterman), Dio Brando (JoJo's Bizarre Adventure)

Last edited by Frostmourne : 01-14-2008 at 06:34 PM.
Frostmourne is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-14-2008, 06:06 PM   #29
TsukikoAiko

@beatrix8402 - I don't blame you! That's one of the reason's we're not doing dragoon form. I'm too modest for my own good sometimes...

Anyway, I've finished Shana's clothes. Please ignore the Non-Shana belt and the wrinkles. Since I burnt myself last night our iron hasn't been working correctly and I didn't want to risk ruining anything.

On to the pictures...

S-ko - Guilty Gear XX
Unread 01-15-2008, 10:25 AM   #30
Aleera
Master Thief

@ TsukikoAiko: Your pictures look great.
@ beatrix: Rose is still awesome. Megacon is upgrading to across the street, which should be more spacious or Metrocon - Tampa Convention Center are nice venues.