Go Back   Cosplay.com > Fashion > EGL

Unread 12-26-2007, 09:03 AM   #1
PockyFille

Wa-loli patterns?

I've looked around various link pages but i can't find any good/free patterns for a wa-loli/kimono style top.

I have a commercial costume kimono pattern i was going to modify, but i've heard less-than-wonderful things about costume kimono patterns.

Can anyone help me out?

also, i'm looking for an inexpensive petticoat as my current one is cheap nasty plastic with cheap nasty plastic lace that shows under my skirts.
somewhere that can have expedited shipping would be even better as i need to have my outfits ready for ohayocon.
thanks much,
Pocky.

Edit: with much experimentation and help from a japanes speaking friend i modified a kimono out of the gothloli bible. THAT was fun.
don't have any pics of it on me, but i'd like some input on the costume before it goes live!

http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=6pi0odg&s=1
will be adding beaded crown appliques on both sides of one of the sleeves and matching ones on the platform sandals i modified with matching green fabric, as well as some purple cluny lace to hide the stitching on the inside collar.

ideas, opinions?

Last edited by PockyFille : 01-02-2008 at 05:28 PM.

Unread 12-26-2007, 10:13 AM   #2
secretmirror180
From Planet Korin

There is a tutorial on egl here. Jan-chan also has some scans of Gosurori patterns here. In the starlight has good petticoats at a cheap price or you can go to Candy Violet for even more poof. Mind you Candy Violet won't open again till January 10th.

EDIT: Here are some reviews on petticoats if you need it.

Zelda (30%), Shampoo Neko-hanten(90%), Akihabara maid outfit
Plus a kajillion outfits & wigs for friends & family...-_-

---
One half of the world cannot understand the pleasures of the other. - Jane Austen

Last edited by secretmirror180 : 12-26-2007 at 10:20 AM. Reason: added new link
secretmirror180 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-26-2007, 10:19 AM   #3
PockyFille

yeah, i found that first one and was completely lost without images.(not a terribly good seamstress)
do you know if anyone's been kind enough to provide a stranslation for those scans?

thanks for the links though. <3
Unread 12-26-2007, 11:15 PM   #4
Elenoa
Funny Bunny

I got a kimono pattern from Simplicity's Costume section. While I understand that it's costume-ish and I would get flamed by hardcore lolita's for making a wa-loli out of it, I figured the robe part of the Simplicity pattern is just as good as any real kimono pattern you might find. It's a frigging robe, for crying out loud. :P

The only difference between a real kimono pattern and a costume one is that the costume one uses lazy obi's :P I'm actually quite fine with that. I mean, not being born into the Japanese culture means that I'll probably never be able to get the obi knot thing right. So instead of having someone criticize on how my obi knot could've looked better, I'm just gonna stick to a hook-and-eye, easy to put on obi, kthnx.

But anyway, that's just my 2 cents. If you could find a real kimono pattern for your wa-loli, then go for it. I look forward to seeing your wa-loli dress! :3
Elenoa is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-02-2008, 05:29 PM   #5
PockyFille

Finished the outfit and added a pic to my first post, would like opinions.
Unread 01-03-2008, 09:08 PM   #6
BlueBerry_Witch
Sweet Magic

The link isn't working for me...