Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Anime/Manga

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 01-12-2008, 01:36 PM   #1
Itsuki13
Cat obbsessed dark figure

Gakuen alice uniform

if anyone know about gakuen alice. anyone know where I could find a pattern for the black coat thing they wear over their whitch shirts.

I'm doing the elementary branch girls uniform (not sure who yet) so does anyone know how I could make the white shirt under the jacket . and wear I might be able to get star pins?

I AM NOT A FREAKY FISH GUY!!!!!
Itsuki13 is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 01-12-2008, 04:51 PM   #2
wanderingdreamr
Needs to do more kniting

The star pins you can probably make with a kind of modeling clay, as for patterns I would suggest going to a fabric store and looking through the books of patterns they have (sorry I can't be more help there).
wanderingdreamr is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-14-2008, 11:52 PM   #3
Itsuki13

:P ya thanks. I'm horrible at that. hehe but I will try.I never find the patterns I need and Its impossible for me to alter patterns (I am a beginner sewer. oh well I will try

Unread 01-15-2008, 12:39 AM   #4
Winry
Nyao! :3

Whenever I make a costume it helps to break the costume down, and it give me a good idea of what I need to do. If you not sure what pattern to get you can always ask someone at a craft store that sells patterns or even a Wal-Mart, and provide a picture as reference. As if the white shirt, I think it'll be easier to buy a plain white long sleeve shirt, and then make the collar separately and then attach it. :3 You might be able to find star shaped buttons also at a craft store or probably online. If you do end up having to make them out of clay, I recommend making it out of Sculpey III(it come in a whole bunch of colors too). I know how you feel about modeling clay, it isn't as easy as some people make it look. So, maybe if you make a template of a star then trace it on the clay. Of course I'm not saying you shouldn't still try to make a star without a template cause you never know it might come out better then you think. :3

I love how you going as someone for Gukuen Alice. I finish watching the anime some time ago, and I hope to pick up the manga cause it's out in English now. :3

Maybe I'll see you at Anime Boston.
Unread 01-21-2008, 04:06 PM   #5
Itsuki13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winry View Post
Whenever I make a costume it helps to break the costume down, and it give me a good idea of what I need to do. If you not sure what pattern to get you can always ask someone at a craft store that sells patterns or even a Wal-Mart, and provide a picture as reference. As if the white shirt, I think it'll be easier to buy a plain white long sleeve shirt, and then make the collar separately and then attach it. :3 You might be able to find star shaped buttons also at a craft store or probably online. If you do end up having to make them out of clay, I recommend making it out of Sculpey III(it come in a whole bunch of colors too). I know how you feel about modeling clay, it isn't as easy as some people make it look. So, maybe if you make a template of a star then trace it on the clay. Of course I'm not saying you shouldn't still try to make a star without a template cause you never know it might come out better then you think. :3

I love how you going as someone for Gukuen Alice. I finish watching the anime some time ago, and I hope to pick up the manga cause it's out in English now. :3

Maybe I'll see you at Anime Boston.
well it should be easy cuz I have chosen to be Hotaru. that should be easy to find. cuz I'll eaither have a baka gun or a giant fly swatter (if I get around to making either)
tho how to make a giant fly swatter I am still a bit clueless on. tho that would be fun to have. if I do the baka gun I'll probably get a toy gun and stick pink cotton balls in it ^_^ or what ever I'm definitally going to have one of her inventions. and if all else fail I can easily have the turtle express!

I got the manga. I got it the first time I ever saw it in the sotre. I was looking for loveless 6 and 7 and when I saw it I spazzed and almost fainted. I was over joyed then when I looked up ppl were stairing at me so I took it and ran to the other sie of the store. its been my fave anime for over a year and the manga finally came to america!

yayz! thank you for the help! I'm starting the costume saturday I was going to start a couple days ago but havoc happened and I never got to it

and one more thing to this very long post

if I buy a shirt then add the collor do u know how I would do that? for I dont have the slightest clue how to do the coller and I dought I'll find a pattern for it. unless I'm lucky

Unread 01-21-2008, 04:14 PM   #6
Itsuki13

uhm having wig dificulty which wig do u think is more Hotaru
and I will beordering it in black dont worry the example pic just isnt in black

http://www.amphigory.com/wigs_fy_twiggy.html

http://amphigory.com/wigs_roni.html

and which shade of black should I get (not that I think there is a difference in the 2) who knows just asking ^_^

Unread 01-22-2008, 03:19 AM   #7
Winry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Itsuki13 View Post
uhm having wig dificulty which wig do u think is more Hotaru
and I will beordering it in black dont worry the example pic just isnt in black

http://www.amphigory.com/wigs_fy_twiggy.html

http://amphigory.com/wigs_roni.html

and which shade of black should I get (not that I think there is a difference in the 2) who knows just asking ^_^
Yea, I really can't see I difference either. o_o

About the collar, what you could do is after making the jacket take some white fabric and fold it with wise, then place it over the jacket where the collar would go(making sure you can still see the jacket). Have a picture reference on hand and then measure how long and wide the collar should be then mark it. That's for the longer part of the collar, then small collar that goes around the neck, I'm not too sure how to do that either. O: Sometimes you need to experiment to figure out how to do something.
Unread 01-22-2008, 05:36 PM   #8
Itsuki13

yay I think I know what I will do but I will get plenty of white ^_^ tho I still need wig help with choosing which wig

Unread 01-24-2008, 02:26 AM   #9
Winry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Itsuki13 View Post
yay I think I know what I will do but I will get plenty of white ^_^ tho I still need wig help with choosing which wig

Hrm, they both look like they'll work. Though the Twiggy wig is $23.00 while the Roni wig is $25.00. So if money is an issue I would get the Twiggy wig, but if money isn't an issue then either one would do just fine. :3