Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Chat > General Cosplay Chat

Closed Thread
Unread 01-16-2008, 07:20 PM   #1
DustOnMYWings
Darkness of the heartless

Wink The Con perverts~ever happen to you?

Ok, so once again I'm bored so once again I'll start a thread and see where it goes.
We all know what the con perverts are, they're the people who go to the con's not because they enjoy anime, but rather they enjoy seeing girl/guys cosplaying in skimpy clothing.
I've had my fair share of annoying perverts bug me at cons, so my story goes first and you all can tell yours!

Chibi-pa 2006

I was cosplaying a cat girl (My first time cosplaying) I was wearing stuff I'd bought a a thrift store, said clothing as a black skirt, a white dress shirt that had bell sleeves (I loved that shirt) and boots, I also had some cute socks.
I had this paired with my cat ears and tail. I was in the dealers room and looking at some manga when this guy comes up to me and asks if I'm here alone.
My answer was no, I had my friends with me.
He kinda looked around and leaned forward again and said "well it sure looks like your alone, need a room for the night?"
Now the words alone aren't that creepy, maybe he was just a kind older man making sure I had a safe place to sleep right? Riiiight.
It's the way he said it that was completely creepy. My sister came up just in time to save me from said creepy guy.
She dragged me off to look at something (forget what it was now) but That was just so creepy for me (I was only 16 at the time) ah, now I know to tell them to bug off next time.

Ok, your turn, what has the ever annoying con pervert said to you?

Dust-chan
I will not do yaoi to get people to take my picture, sorry but no.
And I will not glomp the cutie in the cat boy costume... No... wait, strike that, too late!

~Up Coming Cons~

ASC~Cosplay:????

Unread 01-16-2008, 07:27 PM   #2
Pollaris
is barely ever online

Kind of. When I was cosplaying Haruhi Suzumiya, I had about 3 guys continually following me and my group at Otakon whenever we would go somewhere. If they had asked us for a picture, or weren't continually following us [being they were about 40 or so and stared at our our butts according to my other friend who would look back now and again [who was cosplaying Mikuru]] it wouldn't have been creepy. But being I'm still a teenager, having middle aged men continually follow you around...not a great thing.

Zombie day [Zoey-Left 4 Dead]
Otakon [Girlycard-Hellsing, Rena-Higurashi, Zoey- Left 4 Dead, Rin-Vocaloid]
Unread 01-16-2008, 07:33 PM   #3
Alternist
My name... is Nyo!

I know some conventions have started confiscating yaoi and yuri paddles as a result of some excessively creepy fans on both sides of the isle...

Last edited by Alternist : 01-16-2008 at 07:38 PM.
Unread 01-16-2008, 07:42 PM   #4
Pollaris
is barely ever online

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alternist View Post
I know some conventions have started confiscating yaoi and yuri paddles as a result of some excessively creepy fans on both sides of the isle...
Yeah i've heard about that. It's a good thing. Some Yaoi and Yuri fans can get obsessively creepy...I mean I enjoy a good Boys love or Shoujo-ai anime now and again but getting compeltly obsessive to the point of hitting cosplayers with a Yaoi/Yuri paddle...that is just...

Unread 01-16-2008, 07:43 PM   #5
winterserenity
★ ♥ ♠

There's an older post with a bunch of these stories, but I can't remember what it's called! >.<

The only time I've let a pervert get to levels of actual perversion was when I thought he was a friend of one of my friends. (Lots of ducking out of hugs and turning down help went on!) Funnily enough, she was putting up with him because she thought I liked him!

He wasn't really that bad, though he had a pretty bad case of "Roman hands", which is why he basically never got within a yard of me!
Unread 01-16-2008, 07:45 PM   #6
Rema
Chuu?

I was cosplaying as Akira Kogami in her cute little Sailor Fuku and I was in the lobby and some guy came up to me (I was unfortunately alone) and the guy was in probably in his mid-twenties, and started talking to me being just friendly and he asked if I had a hotel room to stay in and I answered him honestly 'no', because my mom was currently going to get one and he asked me if I wanted to stay in his room so we could "get to know eachother better" and I kinda stepped back from him and politely refused and he asked me again and I said (rather loudly to get some people's attention) "Yah' know.. Trying to get little girls at an anime convention is pretty low, but just so yah' know you look like a major pedophile right now." and he asked why I called him that and I screamed (kinda on accident; short temper is short) "I'm only 14 you freak!" and he walked outta the hotel and left after he saw some nice guys coming over to help me if needed. x3
But seriously, if I didn't step back to put myself outta reaching distance I would'a punched him in the face. D:
Sunday: Sakura Haruno from Naruto Shippuuden
and ofcourse I'll probably be Matt (Death Note) at some point all three days too.
Go! Go! Chibi-Matt!

Last edited by Rema : 01-16-2008 at 07:48 PM.
Unread 01-16-2008, 07:51 PM   #7
SailorKagome
NERDRAGE!

A middle aged man once asked me (in front of my brother and fiance), if I was legal, and if so, would, like to go to his hotel room and have sex with him.

A artist who took a picture of me at his booth tried to catch a pantyshot (as in, he purposefully had me pose in such a way that he could see it..... DENIED).

Some creepy looking guy tried to grind on me and feel me up in a rave once (while I was dancing with my fiance). I heard he later got arrested for groping underage girls XD

There are creeps everywhere. Don't be afraid to stand up for yourself!

Sailor Cosmos
Meg (BakuTen)
Yoko (default - Gurren Lagann)
TJ Sakura (Naruto)
Utena (Movie Version)

Myspace - Cosspace
Unread 01-16-2008, 07:53 PM   #8
Pollaris
is barely ever online

Quote:
Originally Posted by SailorKagome View Post
A middle aged man once asked me (in front of my brother and fiance), if I was legal, and if so, would, like to go to his hotel room and have sex with him.

A artist who took a picture of me at his booth tried to catch a pantyshot (as in, he purposefully had me pose in such a way that he could see it..... DENIED).

Some creepy looking guy tried to grind on me and feel me up in a rave once (while I was dancing with my fiance). I heard he later got arrested for groping underage girls XD

There are creeps everywhere. Don't be afraid to stand up for yourself!
Oh my god I feel horrible for you...id be extremely creeped out....

Unread 01-16-2008, 08:06 PM   #9
Megwa
<382

Quote:
Originally Posted by winterserenity View Post
There's an older post with a bunch of these stories, but I can't remember what it's called! >.<
I found it!

Creepy Cosplay Experiences
Unread 01-16-2008, 08:06 PM   #10
demifiend
Anonkira be praised...

I witnessed it, but was not party to it myself. My friend dressed as Bondage-Alucard at AX 2006, and had a rather eerily fawning fangirl follow him around for most a day.
The next year he went as Adell, a much different character, and she found him again, clinging to him until he made the excuse (lie) of having to go to help a friend fix their costume.
Not too creepy, but a little weird nonetheless.
Unread 01-16-2008, 08:50 PM   #11
mirrorsaber
in unknown territory

How to avoid con perverts/stalkers-
1- Kick them in the groin area.
2-run like hell
3-If they still are following you report it to con security or police.
4-???
5-Profit

Did that to a guy at ACEN. Didn't abuse me or anything stupid but he left me and my friends alone.

next costume- Just repairing/making new stuff I never tried as of now.
Unread 01-16-2008, 08:55 PM   #12
Pretty Sammy
5th Squad Captain

Oh, I have a story. I don't even care if this guy is on these forums and is embarrassed by this story. He deserves it.

So I was dressed in my Ariel costume and this guy cosplaying Miroku asked anyone if they wanted a hug. I, loving hugs, said "I do!" and ran and gave him a hug. He promptly grabs my ass. I tell him, "Haha, that's funny, don't do that again. I'm underage." He apologizes and says "I'm really sorry, can I just get a picture then?" So we pose for a picture, and just as it's about to take, he grabs my ass again. I tell him off and leave. I was so embarrassed and angry at him for taking advantage of me like that.

A word of advice: If someone says "don't do that" DON'T DO IT AGAIN.

Conventions for 2011:
Anime Los Angeles '11
Anime Conji 11'
Fanime '11
Kintoki-Con '11
AM2 '11
San Diego Comic-Con '11

Proud Half of "We're Not Twins Cosplay"

Unread 01-16-2008, 08:56 PM   #13
Angathol
harmony harmony
Canada Forums Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessWolf View Post
How to avoid con perverts/stalkers-
1- Kick them in the groin area.
2-run like hell
3-If they still are following you report it to con security or police.
4-???
5-Profit

Did that to a guy at ACEN. Didn't abuse me or anything stupid but he left me and my friends alone.
There's no need to physically assault someone unless you feel seriously threatened. Just go to con security first. :/ I wouldn't encourage kicks to the groin unless in extreme circumstances; the last thing we want is hyper-sensitive teenaged girls going around cons and kicking guys in the balls because "He was totally hitting on me, what a creep!"
Angathol is evolving!
Congratulations! Your Angathol evolved into Independent Badass!
Future Costumes: Deedlit : Record of Lodoss War | Saber : Fate/Stay Night | Aya Shameimaru : Touhou Project | Nozomu Itoshiki : Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei
Unread 01-16-2008, 09:10 PM   #14
dreamoflife02
are you lovers desu?

Yeah... save physical violence for if you actually feel like you're in real danger. For most of the creepy guys at cons, it's amazing what a trip to con security or a self-assured "Leave me alone" will do. A lot of guys count on a girl being too uncomfortable to outright tell them to stop, but if she does, they'll back off more often than not.

Otakon '12
Sheryl Nome | Macross Frontier
Aradia Megido [ fancy god tier ] | Homestuck
Unread 01-16-2008, 09:12 PM   #15
mirrorsaber
in unknown territory

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angathol View Post
There's no need to physically assault someone unless you feel seriously threatened. Just go to con security first. :/ I wouldn't encourage kicks to the groin unless in extreme circumstances; the last thing we want is hyper-sensitive teenaged girls going around cons and kicking guys in the balls because "He was totally hitting on me, what a creep!"
Understood but there has been incidents I have heard where people get abused and don't report it. I think I worded my thoughts wrong on this.

next costume- Just repairing/making new stuff I never tried as of now.
Closed Thread