Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Original Designs

Unread 01-19-2008, 06:40 PM   #1
Zexion6
The Tragedienne

Female Roxas help

Hello, I was wanting help on making a Roxas costume, but with it being female. I was wondering if any of you have any advise for a novice like me. Thank you for listening!
Zexion6 is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 01-20-2008, 06:32 AM   #2
shivachan
a little girl dreaming...

I saw a costume like that before a couple years back. It was super cute. I guess just the key thing to remember is the simple elements. I was trying to come up with a Halloween Town! Roxas idea once, but I was so scared I would just look like some blond emo kid instead of ROXAS.

Make sure you wear incorporate the checker pattern a lot. But not too much.

Cons attending:
Otafest, Animethon, Anime Expo, CCEE

Costumes to work on:
Chie [Persona 4], Linda [Okage],
Ringo [Air Gear], Mamimi [FLCL],
Sakura [Tsubasa], Elizabeth [Persona 4],
Lightning [FFXIII],
shivachan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-20-2008, 09:36 PM   #3
Nekomeishi

Hmmm.....What I would do first is just sketch out what you want the outfit to look like. It helps to have everything completely planned out before you start cutting stuff. Check Deviantart for inspiration, because I remember seeing Roxas girl designs all over the place. Personally, I've seen a girl!Roxas outfit once before, and I'm also helping a friend make one. Be sure to go as close to what his normal Twilight Town outfit is, but there's lots of options for a original design. Use the checkered pattern, like shivachan said, and the other aspects of his outfit. Because well, you don't want to look like an emo kid. xD

Don't try to make the outfit way too complicated, for the one I'm making with my friend, Goodwill, scissors, fabric scraps, and a hot glue gun are going to be our new best friends.

Best of luck!

[and PS. - prepared to be glomped to death by Axel cosplayers xD]

Nekomeishi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-24-2008, 08:55 AM   #4
pmastamonkmonk
BOOM. Headshot.

I did one, but it was kinda a last minute cop out >_>;;

I made a Cloud wig for a friend but he backed out of the costume, so I used it. I didn't have time to make the full costume, but since it was for Otakon where it'd be nice and warm, I used a black organization XIII-ish bikini top, some large khaki cargo shorts, big sneakers, a Roxas necklace, and a wife beater.

And a popsicle stick keyblade. I was "beach bunny" Roxas >_>;;

I'd say, go for sexy if you think it'll work. I scrapped mine together, but if I had time to do it, I'd have incorporated some more checker patterns and maybe made the shorts more like his pants. Maybe make a skirt, instead?
pmastamonkmonk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-24-2008, 12:27 PM   #5
Leradny
"The Cool Joint"

You should generally stick to the same materials as a regular Roxas' cosplay--off-white pleather for the jacket and so on--and also I would suggest not drastically changing all the elements (i.e. making a checkered dress).

You want to keep the jacket and pants, but I suggest you simply make the jacket more fitted and crop it, change the wristband to a checkered cuff bracelet, make the pants flares instead of baggy, etc. I mean, guy's pants are already severely different from girl's pants--just take that into account.

Edit: By the way, Roxas is fifteen and quite covered up. You should carry that over by not going with sexy at all.

Last edited by Leradny : 01-24-2008 at 12:39 PM.
Leradny is offline   Reply With Quote