Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Chat > Cosplay Newbies

Unread 01-21-2008, 03:31 AM   #1
Kauritsuo

Yoko Cosplay

Hello! Im new at Cosplay and I plan on Cosplaying Yoko from Gurren Lagann at Anime North this year.

for those who dont know... Heres some figurine pictures of her:

http://heiseidemocracy.com/wp-conten...onami_yoko.jpg

http://img.gkblogger.com/blog/imgdb/.../133/349_2.jpg

I have some questions on How Im to create her costume though. Though its mostly straight foward, the boots are gonna be the hardest... Is there anyone who knows how to make them.. or is willing too. Of course I'd pay, but I would love it. LOOOOVEEE it if someone knew someone that could do this kind of thing.

Please and Thank you.. Sooo much :3

Unread 01-22-2008, 01:23 AM   #2
wpuzzle
Dreamer Scientist~

A suggestion on Yoko's boots - You can probably just buy a pair of boots that look similar to hers, then either do a boot cover, or paint over the boots. I haven't exactly had experience to be able to help you with it further, but people on cosplay.com have discussed boot covers for quite some time, so if you search for the threads by the search function, you may be able to find something. =)

My suggestion for the bikini top is also the same - find a black bikini top similar to her style, then paint the flares on.

Good luck!
Unread 01-23-2008, 10:36 PM   #3
Kauritsuo

Yah alot of people have told me that so its good to hear from people on here! I was thinking about finding soem whit boots and panting on them. AND As for the top yes LOL I planned on painting a black bikini top! glad we were thinking the same thing!

Thanks for all your help!
Unread 01-23-2008, 10:57 PM   #4
The_Chibi
#^__^#

I'm cosplaying Yoko too and I just finished painting flames on my top. ^_^ I'm not going to buy white boots though because Yoko's boots are VERY loose at the top, and it'd be impossible to find boots that loose. I already have a pair of black ankle boots so I'm going to attempt to make white boot covers and either paint the flames on them or sew them on (depending on the material I use I suppose...probably just paint them on to pleathery material since I already have red paint left over.) Sorry I can't offer much help, I'm not very experience at cosplay either and have been asking other people for help on this site too. XD
Unread 01-24-2008, 07:05 PM   #5
Kauritsuo

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Chibi View Post
I'm cosplaying Yoko too and I just finished painting flames on my top. ^_^ I'm not going to buy white boots though because Yoko's boots are VERY loose at the top, and it'd be impossible to find boots that loose. I already have a pair of black ankle boots so I'm going to attempt to make white boot covers and either paint the flames on them or sew them on (depending on the material I use I suppose...probably just paint them on to pleathery material since I already have red paint left over.) Sorry I can't offer much help, I'm not very experience at cosplay either and have been asking other people for help on this site too. XD
Its no prob!!! the info is highly appreciated!! thank you!! Good luck with your cosplay!
Unread 01-24-2008, 09:33 PM   #6
Pollaris
is barely ever online

Hmm honestly they look like white Go Go Boots.
http://reviews.buycostumes.com/3993/19645/reviews.htm
Those for example, they are loose at the top as well. You could easily paint flames on them.

Zombie day [Zoey-Left 4 Dead]
Otakon [Girlycard-Hellsing, Rena-Higurashi, Zoey- Left 4 Dead, Rin-Vocaloid]
Unread 01-30-2008, 09:19 PM   #7
Kauritsuo

Thanks a lot!! this helps!! <3