Go Back   Cosplay.com > International Forums > Japan

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 5 votes, 4.60 average.
Unread 01-27-2008, 01:14 AM   #1
Legato/Machan
Errare humanum est

Cosplay Stores in Japan

Hi guys!

I`ve been looking for a cosplay store here in Japan to buy some magazines about cosplay and some omiyage for my friends in Brazil. Does anyone knows where can I find one?

I`m living at Miyoshi-cho, close to Toyota-shi (about 40 minutes from Nagoya if I take the train).

Alsoi, in the end of my arubaito (a period of 3 months that nikkeys, usually college students, spends working in factories around Japan to earn some money) I`ll take the road and head to Tokyo for a 4 days of backpacking. So if you have the adress of any cosplay store, please, tell me. Also if you know somewhere good to visit in Tokyo, tell me, I want to make my last week in Japan the best trip in my life! ^^
Legato/Machan is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 01-27-2008, 02:01 AM   #2
Michi
I'm genie for your wish
Forum Moderator

You don't need to go to a special shop for a cosplay magazine. I saw the cosplay magazine CosMode regularly at normal bookstores.

Only stores with cosplay goods I know of are in Tokyo or Osaka, though, which are both quite a ways from Nagoya.

Facebook / Twitter / Website / Tumblr

Next Event: J-Pop Summit Festival in San Francisco, CA (July 19-20)
Michi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-28-2008, 10:25 AM   #3
mixaka
Granter of wishes

Tokyo and Osaka will be your best bet. The only cosplay related store I know of in Nagoya is Maple. More of a wig shop than anything else, but from the store pics, it looks like they have a few other cosplay related goods.

http://www.maple-wig.com/shop/nagoya.html
mixaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-30-2008, 06:16 PM   #4
Tsumanne
History Nerd

Cospa has a store in Nagoya. Cospatio Nagoya.

Nagoya station WEST bld. ,1-12-1 Noritake Nakamura-ku Nagoya-shi Aichi

Telephone: 0524-52-6676

www.cospa.com

They are open from 12:00~20:00

Event Calendar:
Megacon - Florida, USA: March
Bay Area Renaissance Festival - Florida, USA: March
Sun n' Fun International Fly-In and Expo - Florida, USA: April
Comic Market 86 - Tokyo, Japan: August
Tsumanne is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-02-2008, 11:40 PM   #5
Mikamikaroku
Dark mansion

i think there a lot of shop in akihabara, or akiba. there not just sell gunpla, or toys, they sell lot of things 4 cosplay. ^^
Mikamikaroku is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-20-2008, 09:02 PM   #6
andraia

i live in the hanshin area (kobe-osaka) and was wondering where cosplayers can get their supplies/materials/sewing machine around this area. A lot of the replies point to stores in the tokyo area T3T
i found a small fabric alley @ the sannomiya station in kobe and a few art supplies stores (super-pricey though) here and there. My main concern right now, is where to get a sewing machine, fabric, thread and wigs. props would come afterwards

Last edited by andraia : 09-20-2008 at 09:11 PM.
andraia is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-20-2008, 09:24 PM   #7
Michi
I'm genie for your wish
Forum Moderator

I dunno about fabric, but you're close to the Cyperous shop in Osaka which has amazing wigs: http://cyperous.com/shop.html

Facebook / Twitter / Website / Tumblr

Next Event: J-Pop Summit Festival in San Francisco, CA (July 19-20)
Michi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-03-2010, 09:27 PM   #8
Fenix_tamer1
Ruthless X

Try looking in Osu! They have heaps of anime stores with different cosplay and cosplay accessories! I was there the other day and bought a wig for my Riku cosplay XD And contact lenses O_O
*_* I spotted 3 Xigbar's in FMA. A female Xaldin. OH! And a Lexeus! *_*
Fenix_tamer1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-08-2011, 03:16 PM   #9
Password92
Popper

I had a friend who spend a year in Japan teaching English. Cosplay wasn't hugely his thing, but he indulged me by taking a lot of pictures and buying me a few things. Tokyo has the most amazing stores for that sort of thing. It would definitely be worth your time to hunt around when you're backpacking.
Unread 05-15-2011, 07:47 AM   #10
KoriStarfire

Kurashiki or Okayama?

So I just got to Japan a little over a month ago and I am here to teach English, but I'm really getting the itch to make costumes (it can't be helped, I see everyone at home getting ready for Anime Central and it makes me homesick.) However, I live in Kurashiki. The closest city to me is Okayama. So can anyone help me find a sewing machine and a fabric store in this area? The closest place that I've found a sewing supplies store is in Kobe, which would cost me like 6,000 yen just to get there. It doesn't need to be a cosplay specific store. Just a sewing supplies store. I'd be happy to just make clothes for myself. I just need to MAKE STUFF. lol

Thanks for any help you can give!

Animosity Cosplay
Next Con: JAPAN
Costumes: Sailor Venus, Duo Maxwell
KoriStarfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-15-2011, 08:11 AM   #11
kiratsukai
culture shocked

Quote:
Originally Posted by KoriStarfire View Post
So I just got to Japan a little over a month ago and I am here to teach English, but I'm really getting the itch to make costumes (it can't be helped, I see everyone at home getting ready for Anime Central and it makes me homesick.) However, I live in Kurashiki. The closest city to me is Okayama. So can anyone help me find a sewing machine and a fabric store in this area? The closest place that I've found a sewing supplies store is in Kobe, which would cost me like 6,000 yen just to get there. It doesn't need to be a cosplay specific store. Just a sewing supplies store. I'd be happy to just make clothes for myself. I just need to MAKE STUFF. lol

Thanks for any help you can give!
Okayama is a major city, you should be able to basic fabrics, sewing machines and craft materials there. I think the DREAM chain is in Okayama too. If not, Takamatsu is an hour's train ride away (under 1,500 yen) on the Marine Liner and has a Dream fabric/craft store in the shotengai, Youme Town and at least 3 large box stores that can be reached on bike. I think Takamatsu is also your nearest ACOS ~ prichara wigs, props, Animate costume brand prepackaged costumes, gloves, ties, belts, wig care items, etc.

Kobe is about 4 hours away by semi-express/cheap train. There is HUGE craft tower there along with an ACOS satellite (in their Animate) and a very small section for cosplay in Mandarake and Lashinbang . Osaka is a 30 minute hop from Kobe and has plenty of pre-owned costume and wig shops including the Bodyline main store in Shinsaibashi and a huge Mandarake Tower with lots of used costumes and wigs in Amemura.

LAYERS Tutorial Translations: here, Blog: here
~ Cosplayer's Archive #67148 ~ Cure #224396 ~ My Marketplace Page ~
kiratsukai is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-15-2011, 08:08 PM   #12
KoriStarfire

Thanks for your information! If you don't mind answer more questions, I don't know what any of the chains are in Japan. What is the DREAM chain? is it a craft and sewing store? do they have a website? (or a map? lol Okayama is big and wandering around for forever to find a craft store is... impossible for me since I can't read. OTL) Maybe I'll plan to go to Kobe and Osaka when I get my next paycheck!

Animosity Cosplay
Unread 05-16-2011, 05:32 AM   #13
kiratsukai
culture shocked

Dream's website

Their Okayama Honten

LAYERS Tutorial Translations: here, Blog: here
~ Cosplayer's Archive #67148 ~ Cure #224396 ~ My Marketplace Page ~
kiratsukai is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-20-2011, 09:48 AM   #14
KoriStarfire

Have I told you how much I love you right now? Thank you soooo much for your help! :3

Animosity Cosplay
Unread 06-20-2011, 01:33 AM   #15
Tenshi0080
SuperSentaiHero

i could use some help too and i live in yokosuka, but i can't read if anybody could be of some help i would appreciate it.....
Hyakkiyakou wo buttagiru!! Slash the crime wave!" Hitotsu! Hidou na Akuji o Nikumi! One! Hating the Inhuman Evil! Seigi wa Katsu! Justice Will Win! Hyakkiyakou wa Buttagiru! Jigoku no Banken! Deka Masutā! Cutting down hundreds of evil doers! Hell's Guard Dog! Deka Master!"
Tenshi0080 is offline   Reply With Quote