Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Chat > Site Headquarters

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 13 votes, 4.92 average.
Unread 01-29-2008, 09:06 PM   #136
Admin
Administrator
Not Jackie Chan

Member Gallery pages are now fixed. They are just like the old setup, only 10 pixels wider. There are 8 galleries up top, evenly laid out, and 15 photos below from your uncategorized photos. Clicking through the pages will paginate the entire page.

Last edited by Admin : 01-29-2008 at 09:30 PM.
Admin is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 01-29-2008, 09:59 PM   #137
Utai Mitsumo
Light to the Dark :: Krad

I'm sorry I'm so nit-picky, but...

I've noticed (after the photo gallery upgrade), that the # of pageviews and # of comments aren't listed under the photo's anymore. Is this feature going to return? I personally liked knowing how many have viewed my photos and how many comments I had on each photo. I could say the same for a few other people, but I could be wrong on that.

Anime Weekend Atlanta '12:
Seth Nightlord (Trinity Blood), Elevator Guy (Gangnam Style)
Utai Mitsumo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-29-2008, 09:59 PM   #138
Amaterasu
Mecha-head

I use a lesser popular browser: Opera.

I'm experiencing a new truncation near the top of my screen near the Cosplay.com logo. All along that bar, besides the search options which appear normally, there are blue rectangular buttons: My Profile, Links, etc. Below these blue buttons are the welcome message, "Welcome Amaterasu", with some statistics. I can only make out the top half of my inbox messages and the like. It almost looks like an old fashioned HTML frame that was not scrolled properly, but no such option to scroll down is allowed to me.

It's not a big deal, but I think noteworthy of mention? Thanks for your time.
Unread 01-29-2008, 09:59 PM   #139
DLGR
Teh Tall, Loud One.

**glee**! XD!!

When will thumbnail's be able to be edited...((Xaldin is still cropped to just his bod and no face, lol))

Thanks Kyle!!

2010 Attending:

* Katsucon
* Otakon
* AUSA
DLGR is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-29-2008, 10:08 PM   #140
Admin
Administrator
Not Jackie Chan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amaterasu View Post
I use a lesser popular browser: Opera.

I'm experiencing a new truncation near the top of my screen near the Cosplay.com logo. All along that bar, besides the search options which appear normally, there are blue rectangular buttons: My Profile, Links, etc. Below these blue buttons are the welcome message, "Welcome Amaterasu", with some statistics. I can only make out the top half of my inbox messages and the like. It almost looks like an old fashioned HTML frame that was not scrolled properly, but no such option to scroll down is allowed to me.

It's not a big deal, but I think noteworthy of mention? Thanks for your time.
I just checked with Opera 9 and couldn't reproduce it, would you be so kind as to attach a screenshot?

Thanks.
Unread 01-29-2008, 10:10 PM   #141
Alkrea
Geek Girl Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by utai_mitsumo View Post
I'm sorry I'm so nit-picky, but...

I've noticed (after the photo gallery upgrade), that the # of pageviews and # of comments aren't listed under the photo's anymore. Is this feature going to return? I personally liked knowing how many have viewed my photos and how many comments I had on each photo. I could say the same for a few other people, but I could be wrong on that.
I just noticed that too. I like trying to avoid adding to my count, so I like looking at the main gallery page to find that out. Plus it looks kind of odd without any info under there, like the picture title, etc. I understand it's still in the works, but I second the wanting to know if it'll return.
Unread 01-29-2008, 10:11 PM   #142
Admin
Administrator
Not Jackie Chan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Utena View Post
I'm wondering, are the profile images going to be going back to the square format? It seems sort of a waste that we made all those 200x200 icons for our costumes, and now they're cropped all funny on the main profile. Plus my profile icons still aren't matching the ones I uploaded more recently when I got better pictures. But when I click on the costume, that icon is the proper icon again.
I'm fixing the icon uploader and then rebuilding the cropped versions.

We're going to play around with the icons that display, but for the sake of not having the site look like a big checkerboard of square icons, it was decided to make variations of each icon for different layouts on other pages. I will be adding a way to re-crop them to your own specifications very soon. First I have to get them uploading correctly again.
Unread 01-29-2008, 10:12 PM   #143
Admin
Administrator
Not Jackie Chan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Utena View Post
I just noticed that too. I like trying to avoid adding to my count, so I like looking at the main gallery page to find that out. Plus it looks kind of odd without any info under there, like the picture title, etc. I understand it's still in the works, but I second the wanting to know if it'll return.
(edited original post)
Actually - are you referring to the photo and comment counts while browsing specific galleries? Check above just a bit and you can select whether or not to view the info, thumbnail type and # of images per page.

Also - you can't increase your own photo view counts anymore, that was in the old code and not ported over.

Last edited by Admin : 01-29-2008 at 10:18 PM.
Unread 01-29-2008, 10:12 PM   #144
Chibik3r0
Pants Pants Revolution

Quote:
Originally Posted by Admin View Post
If you can screenshot it that would be great, thanks. It's happening less now but I have to add a few more flags and it should be fixed.
Just went through about 30 pages and couldn't see any misalignments. It was happening when there was no flag either but that seems to have been resolved from what I could tell.

But another thing: After getting to page 30 I wanted to go back to page 1 but the [start] option wasn't there. Did I overlook it or is that planning to come back?

Anime North :: Colossal Con :: SDCC
Chibik3r0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-29-2008, 10:23 PM   #145
Admin
Administrator
Not Jackie Chan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chibik3r0 View Post
Just went through about 30 pages and couldn't see any misalignments. It was happening when there was no flag either but that seems to have been resolved from what I could tell.

But another thing: After getting to page 30 I wanted to go back to page 1 but the [start] option wasn't there. Did I overlook it or is that planning to come back?
I've added a "<<" link once you've gone past the limit, to take you back to the beginning. It's working in the photos section and will be ported to other sections soon.
Unread 01-29-2008, 10:25 PM   #146
DLGR
Teh Tall, Loud One.

still can't add a new costume...when will that be fixed? Its funny I can input all the info, but when I hit submit, I just get the title of my costume and a hyphen....that's it.

examp:

costume = HIDE, filled in the variant, when debuted, etc etc.

all that shows =

HIDE-

what? lol!!!

2010 Attending:

* Katsucon
* Otakon
* AUSA
DLGR is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-29-2008, 10:44 PM   #147
Admin
Administrator
Not Jackie Chan

DLGR - can you PM me the details of the costume you're trying to add? Costumes are being added in mass numbers so it's likely something in the details you're trying to add that's tripping the code up.
Unread 01-29-2008, 10:54 PM   #148
Admin
Administrator
Not Jackie Chan

Quote:
Originally Posted by DigitalDeviance View Post
When I try to replace a picture with a different one, the website claims that it's been replaced, but it hasn't. There's a code above the rest of the page that says:
"Warning: copy(temp/1393371.jpg) [function.copy]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /editphoto.php on line 217

Warning: imagecreatefromjpeg(temp/1393371.jpg) [function.imagecreatefromjpeg]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /editphoto.php on line 225"
Works now.
Unread 01-29-2008, 11:06 PM   #149
Alkrea
Geek Girl Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Admin View Post
(edited original post)
Actually - are you referring to the photo and comment counts while browsing specific galleries? Check above just a bit and you can select whether or not to view the info, thumbnail type and # of images per page.

Also - you can't increase your own photo view counts anymore, that was in the old code and not ported over.
Oh! I'm sorry, I completely missed the adding details thing! Sorry about that... And that's awesome that we can't bump our count anymore. I always tried to avoid looking at my own pictures because of that.
Unread 01-29-2008, 11:07 PM   #150
Admin
Administrator
Not Jackie Chan

Profile icons are now editable again and will show the correct smaller versions. Working on the costume ones now.