Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Chat > Site Headquarters

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 13 votes, 4.92 average.
Unread 06-13-2009, 10:36 AM   #706
ArcRise

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yazoo_the_Kazoo View Post
My journal seems to be on the fritz as well. The entries (or entry I should say rather, as I only have one) aren't showing up at all when you click on the Journal link from my profile. It says the number of entries I have accurately, the entry just isn't there.
Same for me, I only have one entry. I can search for it and see all the details, but when I click on the link it says there either isn't an entry or I arrived there in error.
ArcRise is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 06-16-2009, 04:30 PM   #707
Noin_Hime

I am having issues trying to upload photos this afternoon. I've been trying for over an hour and numerous issues have come up. The first one is that for almost every photo I try to upload, this error message comes up: "Fatal Error: Allowed memory size of 35651584 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 12128 bytes) in home/cosplay/public_html/user_photos.php on line 625." All my photos have been under 300k and it gives this exact same error message no matter what my photo size is.

The second issue is that I'm having "phantom" images show up which I'm guessing is related to the error message. For example, when I was trying to upload images and it was giving me that error message, it was telling me there was 8 images in the gallery when I could only see 4. I deleted the album and now it's telling me that I have 9 uncategorized photos when I know that I have only one.

This brings me to my third issue. There is no link for me to click on to see my "uncategorized photos."(See second screenshot.) If something gets accidentally put there how am I supposed to go in an move them?

Thanks for your time. I hope these issues are resolved quickly.

Last edited by Noin_Hime : 06-16-2009 at 04:33 PM.
Noin_Hime is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-16-2009, 11:08 PM   #708
charons_obol
The angel of free will.

My problem is similiar to that of Noin_Hime. I have two sort of phantom images that occurred when I got an error screen trying to upload some photos. These "photos" have the date of upload as 12-31-69. I can't figure out how to get rid of them because I can't select them or open them.

Thanks for your time.
charons_obol is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-17-2009, 06:45 PM   #709
Sirene
Love made you into this.

I still have several photo albums that do not appear on my Galleries page. They have pictures in them, but they can't be accessed unless by clicking on the pictures from their associated costumes, and then clicking on the link to the album they belong to.

I posted about this several months ago, as did quite a few other users, but it hasn't been fixed. I just wanted to mention it just in case it was forgotten about!

x. c2e2 '12 cosplay
- Miss Martian, stealth suit (Young Justice)
- Danny Fenton (Danny Phantom)
- Barbara Gordon (Batgirl)
- Cyclone (DC Universe)
Sirene is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-23-2009, 05:58 PM   #710
Zabuz
Speedy Gonzales. Quite

The "quick reply" and "quick edit" stopped working for me some months ago... or a year ago... something like that... I know more people have this problem, so...
why isn't it working? ..

http://grim---reaper.deviantart.com/

http://instagram.com/zabuzor/
Zabuz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-25-2009, 06:23 AM   #711
Yui
morally ambiguous
All-Seeing Eye

member journal bug work-around

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wax View Post
I'm having a weird problem with my journal entries. Previously adding entries went perfectly easily, but now they just don't appear public.
"There is either no journal associated with that entry, or you have reached this page in error."
It's says this when I click the link of the entry from the list of journal entries. Editing works but the publishing not at all.
Quote:
Originally Posted by han-pan View Post
Was about to post this. I've only made one journal entry, but I've found other people's entries. Then again, I don't know if she's made any additional entries since the ones that are showing up, but yeah. :P It's kind of a problem & I'd like to be able to post my journal entries....
Quote:
Originally Posted by GodOfWarJunki View Post
yup im having the same problem here. i just made 2 journal entries and they dont show that i associated them with a character or that the entries are even there. i can only see them if i click on the link to edit them
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yazoo_the_Kazoo View Post
My journal seems to be on the fritz as well. The entries (or entry I should say rather, as I only have one) aren't showing up at all when you click on the Journal link from my profile. It says the number of entries I have accurately, the entry just isn't there.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArcRise View Post
Same for me, I only have one entry. I can search for it and see all the details, but when I click on the link it says there either isn't an entry or I arrived there in error.

Okay...this isn't a fix to the bug, but this is still a valid workaround =
http://www.cosplay.com/showthread.php?t=174540

Weird, but it works...
Unread 06-25-2009, 06:33 AM   #712
Yui
morally ambiguous
All-Seeing Eye

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noin_Hime View Post
This brings me to my third issue. There is no link for me to click on to see my "uncategorized photos."(See second screenshot.) If something gets accidentally put there how am I supposed to go in an move them?
I have a bunch of phantom images supposedly uploaded in 1969, too. ^_^; Luckily, they don't show up in normal browsing, but I've never figured out how to get rid of it completely.
But at least if you accidentally upload a (real) photo as uncategorized, you can always get to it here =
http://www.cosplay.com/gallery/uYOURID#HERE/
...which in your case is = http://www.cosplay.com/gallery/u11809/
Unread 06-25-2009, 06:53 AM   #713
Yui
morally ambiguous
All-Seeing Eye

deleting / replacing phantom blank images in photo gallery

Quote:
Originally Posted by charons_obol View Post
My problem is similiar to that of Noin_Hime. I have two sort of phantom images that occurred when I got an error screen trying to upload some photos. These "photos" have the date of upload as 12-31-69. I can't figure out how to get rid of them because I can't select them or open them.

Thanks for your time.
Okay, there is something I just fiured out. Again not a real bug fix, but something you -can- do :

This is a link to your most current "real" photo =
http://www.cosplay.com/photo/2090760
& this is a link to your next "real" photo =
http://www.cosplay.com/photo/2090748/

So, your phantom images are between those two, but have no title nor thumbnail, and thus aren't clickable...but they still have a photo number. And since they are between two real images whose IDs you do know, they must be numbered between 2090748-2090760.

So I just changed the number in the link by one each time, until I eventually came across your first phantom upload = http://www.cosplay.com/photo/2090752
(This is a little weird, because you'll be cycling through other people's photos, too, but at least in your case, there aren't a lot of numbers you'll have to check.)
From this page, you should be able to have access to the "edit photo" box on the left-hand side under the date, and from there you can delete the fake upload all together.

It's silly and it's extra work for you, but at least it's something to help you out. ^_^;

Also, so far I've only been coming across phantom photos in the "uncategorized" sections of galleries, so another way to avoid having to deal with blank thumbnails is to perhaps always load into a sub-gallery you've already created from the Gallery Admin page ( http://www.cosplay.com/user_photos.php?sub=albums )
Unread 06-25-2009, 09:37 AM   #714
Yazoo_the_Kazoo
Allons-y!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yui View Post
Okay...this isn't a fix to the bug, but this is still a valid workaround =
http://www.cosplay.com/showthread.php?t=174540

Weird, but it works...
I actually figured that out right after I posted that. Yay randomly clicking things!

"I don't have to conform to the vagaries of time and space...I'm a LOONY for God's sake!"

-tumblr-
-DeviantART-
Yazoo_the_Kazoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-02-2009, 08:07 AM   #715
PrincessMisa

My Gallery is screwed up:

http://www.cosplay.com/gallery/a176557/

It says there are pictures there when there isn't any, and consequently I can't delete them because I can't click on them. There are 2 'Maid3' images without any pictures. I tried to delete the album but it just shifted the undeletable pictures elsewhere.
PrincessMisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-04-2009, 08:49 PM   #716
Ventous
hero-phail

Journal problems here as well. I mark them as "Non-cosplay" , check the Agree to Rights box, and save. But when I go back to edit them, it's changed back to Cosplay Related. And I don't want to be banned from here for spamming of any sorts. ^_^;

Also, when I go to my profile to Journals, nothing is showing up.
:/

Thank you for reading.
Unread 07-09-2009, 04:37 PM   #717
lolacolabunny
Journey of Dreams~

My journal isnt working.
Whenever I ppost a new journal entry, it dosent show up on my look-up and I cannot preview it again when I click the link in the "My Writing" area.

P l a n s
Azir [League of Legends]
Rocket [Guardians of the Galaxy]
King Kazma [Summer Wars]
NiGHTS [NiGHTS: Journey of Dreams]

▪▪Youtube▪▪DeviantArt▪▪Facebook Page▪▪
lolacolabunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-10-2009, 05:04 PM   #718
SaSu
Made in Germany =)

Editing my ad at the marketplace

I was trying to edit my ad at the marketplace. But everytime I click on the icon "Edit ad", it tells me that I don't have the permission to do so.
I'm logged in and relogged in to try again, I also emptied the cache, nothing changed.
SaSu is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-10-2009, 11:00 PM   #719
ShinobiXikyu
Embroidery Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirene View Post
I still have several photo albums that do not appear on my Galleries page. They have pictures in them, but they can't be accessed unless by clicking on the pictures from their associated costumes, and then clicking on the link to the album they belong to.

I posted about this several months ago, as did quite a few other users, but it hasn't been fixed. I just wanted to mention it just in case it was forgotten about!
I've got the exact same problem. The album list/edit albums also says there's no pictures in them, but I have nearly a dozen in the one that won't show up.
There is a vibe here that says "We're in this together! Through thick and thin fabric! Through cold water washes and burning hot irons! Though we might super glue ourselves to our projects, cut holes/gashes/oh-god-mom's-gonna-kill-me into the dining room table, we will stand strong together. Unless there is a 75% off sale at the Fabric store. Then you're on your own. And get the hell out of my way." <3
Artist alley, costumes, businessey things--> http://whimsicalsquidco.deviantart.com/
ShinobiXikyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-12-2009, 05:22 AM   #720
Moralelastix
Lapin de compagnie

Hello guys,
I have the same problem as Noin Hime's first problem : Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 35651584 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 3456 bytes) in /home/cosplay/public_html/user_photos.php on line 749
I really don't know what to do, I only read someone delete all of his photos and re-upload all ... :x
If someone has the solution, or if Noin hime has resolved it I hope you can answer me.
Thanks.
Moralelastix is offline   Reply With Quote