Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Chat > Site Headquarters

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 13 votes, 4.92 average.
Unread 12-03-2009, 11:12 PM   #796
Starlit Rose
Breaking out of my cage

New problem. I have had this same problem happen to me twice within a couple of days, but both instances have given me different results.

There have so far been two times when I would go to the photos page and click on one of the newly uploaded photos. The other day, I did this, and I was taken to a page that said "User not specified" or something to that extent (I can't remember exactly, I'm sorry!). Then just now, I was trying to click on the thumbnail for Emzone's latest photo and it gives me this:

Important: There are many possibilities as to why you are seeing this message. The most common are: You are attempting to view a photo that no longer exists, or you are awaiting email confirmation for a new account or changed password. If these do not apply, then please read the following:

Kuroi · Yokan, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

1. Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
2. If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

However, it seems to be just this particular photo, because I can view other photos from the page just fine.

EDIT: Okay, well while the thumbnail for the photo I spoke of in the second instance is still visible on the "Newest Images" gallery, when I visited Emzone's photo page, the photo isn't there at all, so maybe she deleted it and the gallery is slow to up update itself? I'm not sure. I don't know if the photo in the first instance was deleted though. I am just confused, lol.
Levi - Attack on Titan/Shingeki no Kyojin - 100%
3DM Gear - Attack on Titan/Shingeki no Kyojin - 90% (needs repairs)
Lux (classic skin) - League of Legends - 10%

Facebook || Tumblr
Starlit Rose is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 12-04-2009, 12:14 AM   #797
Yui
morally ambiguous
All-Seeing Eye

Kuroi · Yokan =

Some of Emzone's recent uploads included copyrighted logos over-layed on the photos. (They haven't been deleted, just hidden so the files can be re-uploaded without the logos.) Because they were reported by users right away and then modded promptly, the gallery thumbnails just haven't updated themselves yet to match.

So, no, nothing is wrong with your account. We're just faster to respond to reports than the gallery re-generates.
Yui is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-04-2009, 11:13 AM   #798
Starlit Rose
Breaking out of my cage

Oh, that makes sense. That's good to know. Thanks Yui!
Levi - Attack on Titan/Shingeki no Kyojin - 100%
3DM Gear - Attack on Titan/Shingeki no Kyojin - 90% (needs repairs)
Lux (classic skin) - League of Legends - 10%

Facebook || Tumblr
Starlit Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-06-2009, 01:22 AM   #799
noblae
Crackerjacks!

I've posted 3 journals and only one of them is showing up, and when I go into my writing menu it gives me an error message that says "There is either no journal associated with that entry, or you have reached this page in error."
The only entry that shows up was made last year, both the entries I have made recently give me that same message. :/

Cosplays Planned for 2010:
Akon| Faceless Nurse~ Silent Hill Origins|Noel~ BlazblueTalwyn| Veser Hatch~ Hanna is Not a Boy's Name!
Afest|Talwyn Apogee~ Ratchet and Clank Future|Ashelin~ Jak II| Cammy~ Street Fighter IV
Yulecon| Ratchet~Ratchet and Clank Future: ACiT| Ratchet~Ratchet and Clank Future: ToD
noblae is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-06-2009, 10:05 AM   #800
Sparklewolfie

Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by noblae View Post
I've posted 3 journals and only one of them is showing up, and when I go into my writing menu it gives me an error message that says "There is either no journal associated with that entry, or you have reached this page in error."
The only entry that shows up was made last year, both the entries I have made recently give me that same message. :/
I have a similar problem to this also. My journal entry shows up under "List Journal Entries" but when I click on the title, it gives that same error message
I can EDIT the journal, and then after I save it I can view it, but if I try to just view it without editing, it says it does not exist
Sparklewolfie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-06-2009, 01:11 PM   #801
Yui
morally ambiguous
All-Seeing Eye

noblae & Sparklewolfie =
This actually -is- a bug with the journals that seems to happen randomly every third new entry or so. You can trick it into working correctly for you via this trick :
http://www.cosplay.com/showpost.php?...60&postcount=3
Yui is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-06-2009, 08:35 PM   #802
noblae
Crackerjacks!

Awesome, thank you very much that acctually fixed the problem

Cosplays Planned for 2010:
Akon| Faceless Nurse~ Silent Hill Origins|Noel~ BlazblueTalwyn| Veser Hatch~ Hanna is Not a Boy's Name!
Afest|Talwyn Apogee~ Ratchet and Clank Future|Ashelin~ Jak II| Cammy~ Street Fighter IV
Yulecon| Ratchet~Ratchet and Clank Future: ACiT| Ratchet~Ratchet and Clank Future: ToD
noblae is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-07-2009, 11:41 AM   #803
Sparklewolfie

That is totally strange, but works! Thank you
Sparklewolfie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-07-2009, 03:18 PM   #804
Kiarrens
Hagane no Aikousha

I have a new and strange journal bug... I tried the "open" trick and that did fix the main non-visability error, but it still doesn't save my costume and convention associations. I've gone in and edited it several times and saved (each time setting up a costume & convention) and it still doesn't save.

Any ideas?
Unread 12-07-2009, 07:53 PM   #805
Yui
morally ambiguous
All-Seeing Eye

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiarrens View Post
I have a new and strange journal bug... I tried the "open" trick and that did fix the main non-visability error, but it still doesn't save my costume and convention associations. I've gone in and edited it several times and saved (each time setting up a costume & convention) and it still doesn't save.

Any ideas?
It's working for me.
All 3 of your journals you associated with Jin are on the costume listing page =
http://www.cosplay.com/costume/270321/
...And they each also link back to the costume page on their individual entry screens = http://www.cosplay.com/journal/5911/
http://www.cosplay.com/journal/5878/
http://www.cosplay.com/journal/5873/

(Perhaps try shift+reload on your costume page if you still don't see this?)

After you add a costume icon for him, they will be also be visibly linked back to the costume page via your latest journal entries page =
http://www.cosplay.com/journal/m9938/
(Right now, you'd have to click on the purple title links to tell what costume they are connected to.)

Also...if you're trying to see your journal entries listed directly off of the event page (http://www.cosplay.com/event/1817/)...that actually doesn't work for anybody yet. ^_^;
Unread 12-08-2009, 09:04 AM   #806
Kiarrens
Hagane no Aikousha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yui View Post
It's working for me.
All 3 of your journals you associated with Jin are on the costume listing page =
Oh, I see. Thank you. I was going by the "edit" screen, in that everytime I went in to edit I had to re-do those associations, so I assumed it wasn't saving. Good to know that saying about assumptions still holds true.
Unread 12-12-2009, 04:17 AM   #807
Red Destiny
Secret Weapon

I just uploaded a new costume a couple of hours ago, and when I went to look it up on the "latest costumes" search, it didn't show up until Page No.8 o.0;

Although I'm not sure if this is the same problem you mentioned in your "Working On" section, just thought I'd bring it up, just in case.
Red Destiny is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-12-2009, 01:49 PM   #808
Jia Jem
replicant
Rock Star Admin

Costumes with more than 8 photos show up first with keyword searches. If your costume has less than 8 photos, it automatically is listed after the ones with more pictures. Costumes with no associated photos are listed last.

If you are talking about just browsing the "newest costumes" pages, it isn't surprising if your costume from a few hours ago is already on page 8... new costumes are uploaded very quickly on this site. ^_^
Unread 12-12-2009, 10:23 PM   #809
Saravana

Quote:
Costumes with more than 8 photos show up first with keyword searches. If your costume has less than 8 photos, it automatically is listed after the ones with more pictures. Costumes with no associated photos are listed last.
Dang, it's eight now? It used to be five.
Saravana is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-12-2009, 10:29 PM   #810
Jia Jem
replicant
Rock Star Admin

Oops! My bad. It's 5 or more, 1-5, and then zero. Sorry 'bout that. :P