Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Chat > Site Headquarters

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 13 votes, 4.92 average.
Unread 01-28-2008, 08:34 PM   #76
Bahzi
Hi gaiz!

Still tons of negative space here....running Slimbrowser, which is IE based, at 1280 x 800.

Also, not sure if this is a bug or not....but my costume icons all have the heads cut off on them...is this a site problem, or do I need to re-edit the icon pics to a different size?
Bahzi is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 01-28-2008, 08:35 PM   #77
KittyCanuck
Ph.D. in Horribleness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arlette View Post
This could just be because you're in the middle of doing something, but when I try to view any photos in the photo section I get this error:

"Fatal error: Cannot instantiate non-existent class: vb_bbcodeparser in /home/cosplay/public_html/zinclude/member.php on line 133"

I am running on Firefox.

::EDIT:: My bad, I explained it wrong. It's not the photos, themselves, but people's profiles. They seem to be down, and I can't get to anyone's photos associated with their member page.
I was going to post this, but it got fixed while I was typing. It works fine for me now. Does it work for you yet?

<---- I'm the dinosaur, not the dude.
KittyCanuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-28-2008, 08:36 PM   #78
DLGR
Teh Tall, Loud One.

1- I'm sorry if this double posted...my internet crapped out right when I hit post.

2- I'm so sorry to complain, I've been with and have loved this site since 2003, but this new layout for the entire site looks like a bug to me. I hate to have to say....I hate it. Sorry, it's just so cluttered. I probably shouldn't say anything until things are sorted out as you guys are working on it, but I just wanted to share my first initial impression; I'm shocked...kinda in a bad way.

The main site, it's fine, I know I don't really have a say towards that. My gallery though...kinda depressed about it. I've worked hard on that gallery and now....it just doesn't look good. Why are only the updated galleries showing? Will there ever be an option to have them all automatically show again...like maybe in our account/profile options? I also don't understand the "latest photos" section...wasn't it okay to just have the galleries? And yeah, the thumbnails are just like what everyone else said...a lil' off.

sorry to be a sore sport that doesn't like change. I'm sure I'm going to be forced to like the new layout...but just my two cents. I LOVE C.Com more than any other Cosplay site because it was in order, wasn't cluttered and was VERY easy to find pictures/cosplayers/etc... Again, I'm sure I should wait to say anything more until everything is sorted out, but I just wanted to share what I first thought to you now.

-DLGR

2010 Attending:

* Katsucon
* Otakon
* AUSA
DLGR is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-28-2008, 08:41 PM   #79
sweet<3kaori

Im not sure if this is a bug or if its because of the site being re-done but I cant seem to be able to change my Avatar. I made sure that the photo I'm trying to put is lower then the maximum dimensions and kb, but its still not saving.

Anime North 09
Asuka (Plug Suit)

Yet to decide more ^^
sweet<3kaori is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-28-2008, 08:42 PM   #80
Rayonea
Stubbornly Optimistic

Quote:
Originally Posted by HanyaanFaery View Post
Not sure if this is a bug or part of the design, but I also just noticed that it doesn't say on the picture pages anymore what the character and series is. I miss that info, since I don't always know every character posted!
I have to agree here. Can this feature come back, please?

Also, I noticed that a member's age is no longer displayed on their profile page. Is that a permanent change, or will it be coming back?
Unread 01-28-2008, 08:48 PM   #81
KaineMaxwell
Don't mess with mutants

I keep getting errors when I try to upload a replacement photo in the gallery.

Shinigami Photos
KaineMaxwell is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-28-2008, 09:00 PM   #82
KittyCanuck
Ph.D. in Horribleness

On member profiles, long domains break the layout. Screenshot example here.
It's not a big deal, but the layout should probably change long URLs (ie putting it on multiple lines) rather than long URLS changing the layout.

Adding my voice to those saying it would be nice to have the costume information (character, series) back. ^_^

Unread 01-28-2008, 09:10 PM   #83
Admin
Administrator
Not Jackie Chan

Everyone please keep posting any bugs you come across in this thread - I'm in the background working on a lot of them. Most likely, we'll see the majority of the layout glitches gone by tomorrow morning, and I can start adding back the forgotten features from there.

If anything, the speed of the site is vastly, vastly improved. That was the most important thing to me. We can worry about layout settings and stuff next, but I'd like to get rid of the major errors first.

Your main gallery pages are going to change a bit, so please hold off on that critique until at least tomorrow.
Admin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-28-2008, 09:11 PM   #84
Smoted

this can wait then

Okay DLGR has a couple points. I also don't understand the "latest photos" section. I liked the thumbnails and the fact it showed all photos. It also says i got 4 costumes, now i will eventually but not right now. One other thing is the about me and the Q&A thing. I can't find a way to add to the about me.

Last edited by Smoted : 01-28-2008 at 09:13 PM. Reason: a little late
Unread 01-28-2008, 09:16 PM   #85
DLGR
Teh Tall, Loud One.

Kyle I <3 you and the other Mods to pieces and I know ya'all working really hard. I agree, the site is A LOT faster now.

I'm happy you guys are willing to help us out with the way the layouts look, too. I'll keep my mouth shut till then. Thank you~!

2010 Attending:

* Katsucon
* Otakon
* AUSA
DLGR is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-28-2008, 09:27 PM   #86
Utai Mitsumo
Light to the Dark :: Krad

Hmm...I've also noticed that the green dot that used to show if a user was online isn't there anymore. Is that going to return? As well as specifically knowing where a person is at (well, unless they've got the option of being "invisible" set)? All it shows is when they were last active, so we don't know if that person is actually online unless we check at the bottom of the forum.

Anime Weekend Atlanta '12:
Seth Nightlord (Trinity Blood), Elevator Guy (Gangnam Style)
Utai Mitsumo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-28-2008, 09:35 PM   #87
KittyCanuck
Ph.D. in Horribleness

Quote:
Originally Posted by utai_mitsumo View Post
Hmm...I've also noticed that the green dot that used to show if a user was online isn't there anymore. Is that going to return? As well as specifically knowing where a person is at (well, unless they've got the option of being "invisible" set)? All it shows is when they were last active, so we don't know if that person is actually online unless we check at the bottom of the forum.
The green dot right over there next to the "report post" icon? It's still there for me.
<--------------------

Unread 01-28-2008, 09:36 PM   #88
Cora
Shine Forever

I haven't really run across any "bugs" so far save for what other people seemed to have mentioned is lots of negative space and things not lining up correctly...

Personally, I don't much care for the way the Gallery has been changed. Not the main page, but how the images are viewed. I was looking at a photo just now and couldn't figure out who the cosplayer was because the only thing that is displayed with the description is the member's personal photo (not avatar). Luckily I recognized who it was from the photo, but important links like to the member's profile and main image gallery seem to be missing. Personally I find these things to be very helpful in that I can remember who the cosplayer who at least posted the photo, if is not the actual individual in it.

Finally, my biggest issue is the side bar advertising with the cosworx wigs because I find that they throw off the proportion of the viewing area and make it feel cramped. I would rather have them at the top in place of the random ebay ads...but that's just me.

Not trying to complain, but as others have said, I've been around for a while, and I don't want to be a damper on change, but I find this interface more difficult to navigate than the previous one :\ Just my $0.02
Cora is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-28-2008, 09:38 PM   #89
Utai Mitsumo
Light to the Dark :: Krad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taipa View Post
The green dot right over there next to the "report post" icon? It's still there for me.
<--------------------
That button, yes, but if you go to a person's profile, that little button isn't seen.

Anime Weekend Atlanta '12:
Seth Nightlord (Trinity Blood), Elevator Guy (Gangnam Style)
Utai Mitsumo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-28-2008, 09:41 PM   #90
Pulsatrix

Search function in the top left corner isn't working. I'm using Firefox. I've even clicked on the different radio buttons, and it still didn't work. Clicking on the tabs didn't make a difference either.
Pulsatrix is offline   Reply With Quote