Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Chat > Site Headquarters

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 13 votes, 4.92 average.
Unread 02-23-2010, 03:22 PM   #901
Admin
Administrator
Not Jackie Chan

Thanks.

It started happening when we switched server setups but nothing in the code changed, so I'll be talking with the host company tonight about it. Our new setup is "load balanced" meaning there are actually multiple servers running the same code for the site, and when you browse the site you're randomly going to one of those servers on each page view. In theory this shouldn't affect the cookies at all, but since it's happening to everyone who doesn't click "remember me" then I'm thinking it's something not passing correctly through the session variables on the load balancer. I'll try to have an answer from the web hosting tonight.
Admin is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 02-23-2010, 03:47 PM   #902
Ginryuu
Needs More Bling

I went through the thread and others seemed to have a similar problem but it doesn't look like it was addressed yet.

I tried posting a photo and got this message: Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 33554432 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 10944 bytes) in /home/cosplay/public_html/user_photos.php on line 750

Here's a link: http://www.cosplay.com/user_photos.php?sub=upload

The most frustrating thing being that it looks like the photo post actually went through when I check my gallery, but there's no thumbnail and it went through twice...so I can't delete either of them since I can't access the photo.
Kotsubaki Sentarou (Bleach), Jin (Samurai Champloo), Kittan Bachika [pre-timeskip] (Gurren Lagann), Tsuzuki Asato (Yami no Matsuei), Giriko (Soul Eater), Severus Snape (Harry Potter), Tulio (The Road to El Dorado), Leon Garcia de Asturias (Trinity Blood), Senri (+Anima), Serpico (Berserk)
Cosplays in Progress
Leon Garcia de Austrias (Trinity Blood)
My ULTIMATE Cosplay List!
http://www.cosplay.com/journal/m143513/
Ginryuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-23-2010, 06:18 PM   #903
ShiNo_Usagi
Noms Are Belong To Me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Admin View Post
Thanks.

It started happening when we switched server setups but nothing in the code changed, so I'll be talking with the host company tonight about it. Our new setup is "load balanced" meaning there are actually multiple servers running the same code for the site, and when you browse the site you're randomly going to one of those servers on each page view. In theory this shouldn't affect the cookies at all, but since it's happening to everyone who doesn't click "remember me" then I'm thinking it's something not passing correctly through the session variables on the load balancer. I'll try to have an answer from the web hosting tonight.
*-* I was about to punch my computer because the signing in issue was getting worse for me, thanks for mentioning the "remember me" box, seems to solve the problem.

Copernicus - 5%
Blood Seras - 90%
Bobby Uniform Seras - 5%
Kalashnikitty - Planned

*~Progress~*

ShiNo_Usagi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-23-2010, 10:26 PM   #904
ShinWHO
Welcome to Impossible

Ah, the multiple server thing makes sense for why I would alternate between being logged in and out. And yes, clicking "remember me" fixed the problem. Also, I can edit the old posts that caused errors before and my PMs are fine. However, even with "remember me" clicked I still get this when checking my comments list:
Quote:
Originally Posted by AltheTinCan View Post
i can't access my comments tab. i just get this message:

"Unable to add cookies, header already sent.
File: /home/cosplay/public_html/user_messages.php
Line: 2"
ShinWHO is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-24-2010, 10:15 AM   #905
Clive-kun
Secretly a supervillain

I posted this in a different thread but it never got answered so I'll post it here. I can't seem to upload any photos. I've tried to upload them to an existing gallery like normal and it will go to the "Next Steps" page, but the picture itself won't appear on that page or in the gallery.
Clive-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-24-2010, 10:28 AM   #906
strong_baby
meow.

I have a question that's been bothering me for a while. >3<; I changed my profile icon 2 days ago, and my old one is still there. Except when I look at photos in my gallery, my new icon is the one by the description box.. It's been frustrating me since yesterday, so I'm wondering if I have to do something..?

ᶜᵒˢᵖˡᵃʸ ᵖʳᵒᵍʳᵉˢˢ ᵇˡᵒᵍ:: (soon)
strong_baby is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-24-2010, 05:47 PM   #907
XxEveillexX

I've had the same issues with the login and getting kicked right off.

Just to note though. I use Firefox normally as my browser, so I tried using Internet Explorer and it seems almost fine. I'm logged in and it didn't kick me right off after logging in.
Colossalcon 2013
Dragon*Con 2013
I'M DOING COMMISSIONS: Marketplace Ad
Check out my etsy shop! Cherishables
XxEveillexX is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-24-2010, 06:07 PM   #908
Admin
Administrator
Not Jackie Chan

In Firefox, try deleting your cookie for the site and see if that allows you to stay logged in.
Admin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-24-2010, 07:53 PM   #909
phasmacandi
Beefy

Hi,

The site seems to be getting back up nicely, I look forward to a more polished Cosplay.com experience. Unfortunately the counter on my profile still says I have 4294967294 photos, and I have no idea if my page has any other problems for others on the site. Thanks again for all the work you've done over the past few weeks.
phasmacandi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-25-2010, 11:05 AM   #910
lunaladyoflight
Glitter Addict

When I click the comment box (it's notifying me that I have new comments), I get this message:

"Unable to add cookies, header already sent.
File: /home/cosplay/public_html/user_messages.php
Line: 2"
lunaladyoflight is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-25-2010, 12:38 PM   #911
Jia Jem
replicant
Rock Star Admin

Luna - I get that message, too. If I click 'back' and click it a few more times, it works like 1 out of 5 times. Admin is working on it!
Unread 02-25-2010, 01:00 PM   #912
lunaladyoflight
Glitter Addict

LOL alright
lunaladyoflight is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-25-2010, 01:44 PM   #913
Elemental
I do that photo thing...

Uploading images, I get this error:
Warning: copy(/home/images/public_html/source/2462470.jpg) [function.copy]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /user_photos.php on line 887
But they seem to load to my gallery no problem - I just get this instead of the usual 'photo uploaded successfully click onb image to the left to be taken to gallery' page.
Elemental is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-25-2010, 05:51 PM   #914
Koria
Vampire Mermaid Kitty

When I try to edit photos, I get this error:
Warning: imagejpeg() [function.imagejpeg]: Unable to open '/home/images/public_html/photos/22/2273305.jpg' for writing: Permission denied in /editphoto.php on line 513

Warning: imagejpeg() [function.imagejpeg]: Unable to open '/home/images/public_html/thumbs/22/2273305.jpg' for writing: Permission denied in /editphoto.php on line 543

Warning: imagejpeg() [function.imagejpeg]: Unable to open '/home/images/public_html/mini/22/2273305.jpg' for writing: Permission denied in /editphoto.php on line 568

Warning: imagejpeg() [function.imagejpeg]: Unable to open '/home/images/public_html/square/22/2273305.jpg' for writing: Permission denied in /editphoto.php on line 604
Koria is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-25-2010, 07:03 PM   #915
Avianna
Lights Out?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koria View Post
When I try to edit photos, I get this error:
Warning: imagejpeg() [function.imagejpeg]: Unable to open '/home/images/public_html/photos/22/2273305.jpg' for writing: Permission denied in /editphoto.php on line 513

Warning: imagejpeg() [function.imagejpeg]: Unable to open '/home/images/public_html/thumbs/22/2273305.jpg' for writing: Permission denied in /editphoto.php on line 543

Warning: imagejpeg() [function.imagejpeg]: Unable to open '/home/images/public_html/mini/22/2273305.jpg' for writing: Permission denied in /editphoto.php on line 568

Warning: imagejpeg() [function.imagejpeg]: Unable to open '/home/images/public_html/square/22/2273305.jpg' for writing: Permission denied in /editphoto.php on line 604
I am getting the same Error. This happens when I was trying to replace the current picture with an editted one.