Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Chat > Site Headquarters

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 13 votes, 4.92 average.
Unread 03-13-2011, 10:36 PM   #1291
Enny
Cosplay N00b!

On some of my photos, the "upload date" is different than the correct date added listed in my galleries.
Enny is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 03-15-2011, 02:40 PM   #1292
QuixoticallyMe
The quixotic chick

I had the same weird new-profile-pic-not-showing-up thing, too, but the shift hold thingy worked. Though I do have some thoughts about the site; I used to use it a lot a few years ago, but since then it seems to have gotten a few bugs or something.

Like, the profile and photo add systems seem to be not very user friendly. . . and when searching for cosplays, for some reason it pulls up any costume with any part of the search query, which is annoying when trying to narrow searches down.

I dunno how fixing a search engine works, but you guys should think heavily about fixing it so that is searches for results that include all the words, not just any one of the words. Thanks~!
QuixoticallyMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-15-2011, 04:55 PM   #1293
Viveeh
necrocarnival

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuixoticallyMe View Post
Like, the profile and photo add systems seem to be not very user friendly. . . and when searching for cosplays, for some reason it pulls up any costume with any part of the search query, which is annoying when trying to narrow searches down.

I dunno how fixing a search engine works, but you guys should think heavily about fixing it so that is searches for results that include all the words, not just any one of the words. Thanks~!
http://www.cosplay.com/showthread.ph...earch+tutorial
Viveeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-17-2011, 10:08 PM   #1294
Mr. N
Mr. N.W

I think that there may be an error in editing one's post in threads. I posted a thread and wanted to edit my message. However, it appears to have "endless loading" and this is the only post (as of 3/17/11). My thread is in the Sewing/Fabric Craft section

Last edited by Mr. N : 03-17-2011 at 10:10 PM.
Mr. N is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-19-2011, 09:45 PM   #1295
Melanieb123

Really random, I tried to search to see if any one had done a 'Kim Possible' cosplay and it said 'no results' so I searched in photos 'no results', I tried searching it every way I could on this site. I googled it(I googled 'Kim possible cosplay.com), a lot of people have done it and posted it on cosplay.com, but still no results threw the actual search.

Oh and you cant search cosplays from the marketplace. like if your anywhere in the marketplace and you go to the search bar at the top of the screen it will just load forever, just white page that does nothing.

Last edited by Melanieb123 : 03-19-2011 at 09:47 PM.
Melanieb123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-21-2011, 03:27 AM   #1296
Dengeki-kun
Herp to the Derp

Disregard this post
Dengeki-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-23-2011, 10:32 PM   #1297
Kitsoru
Guilty Gear fangirl

While I'm sure this is probably one of those known issues that's been around for years now, I can't actually recall it in recent memory, so...

I've had several occurrences lately where I should be getting costume/photo/thread comment notifications, and haven't. My email provider is AOL, if that helps.
Next Cons:
Youmacon '12
My Curecos
My ACP
My dA
Kitsoru is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-26-2011, 11:27 PM   #1298
vampirelupus
Riot Lion

I tried to search this forum for this problem, but I couldn't find it, so...

When I was entering a new costume to my list, I accidentally didn't give it a name (which theoretically should be impossible as it's a required field, but it let me do it anyway), so now when I want to edit the costume, it won't let me as there is no name to click on. The series title is there, but no name.

Cosplays for 2010:
- The Hitcher (Mighty Boosh)
- Scarecrow (Arkham Asylum)
- Joker (Batman)
- Tenth Doctor (Doctor Who)
- RouShu Wolf (fursuit)

Conventions for 2010: Animazement, SDCC
vampirelupus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-27-2011, 03:58 AM   #1299
Angelphie
Angelic Selphie

I’m having a problem adding to the info section of a costume.

Initially I couldn’t add a new costume at all because I’d fill out all the fields and get an error as soon as I hit submit, but I narrowed it down and have managed to create the new costume and even put in a paragraph of info. However, as soon as I try to add in more text, the same error occurs when I click submit. I’m not entirely sure, but it only seems to happen when I copy and paste text into the box; typing directly in doesn’t appear to be an issue.

This is the message I get:

Internal Server Error
The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.
Please contact the server administrator, webmaster@cosplay.com and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.
More information about this error may be available in the server error log.
Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

Apache/2.0.63 (Unix) mod_ssl/2.0.63 OpenSSL/0.9.8e-fips-rhel5 FrontPage/5.0.2.2635 mod_bwlimited/1.4 mod_auth_passthrough/2.1 PHP/5.2.12 Server at www.cosplay.com Port 80
Unread 03-28-2011, 03:42 AM   #1300
Dengeki-kun
Herp to the Derp

Disregard this post...again

"Your voice is getting in the way of me telling you to shut up..." -Ikki Takeda
Dengeki-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-28-2011, 11:42 PM   #1301
The Boss
Mentor

Somehow when I click on my cosplay "The Boss BDU"
( http://www.cosplay.com/costume/59810/ ) not all pictures I have added there show up. This problem exists a whole year now. I waited and hoped it will be fixed but now that I uploaded new pictures the problem is still there. And it bugs me a little that just one of the new pictures show up there. The photos were all added to the same album and linked to the costume. But the pictures just don't show up there :/

Link- Legend of Zelda, TP
Madam Hooch
Der Tod (Elisabeth, Takarazuka)
The Boss is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-29-2011, 03:09 AM   #1302
Blood_Sword
Fabulous Boyfriend

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Boss View Post
Somehow when I click on my cosplay "The Boss BDU"
( http://www.cosplay.com/costume/59810/ ) not all pictures I have added there show up. This problem exists a whole year now. I waited and hoped it will be fixed but now that I uploaded new pictures the problem is still there. And it bugs me a little that just one of the new pictures show up there. The photos were all added to the same album and linked to the costume. But the pictures just don't show up there :/
Looks like you have the same problem I made a thread about some days ago.
http://www.cosplay.com/showthread.php?t=237580

It seems like if you have more than 40 pics for one costume the rest will not show. I'm not sure if that's the problem but I counted your and my photos (before I moved some to get the new one to show) and both are/was 40 so it could be.

*~In progress~*
Masamune Date - Sengoku Basara
Team Aqua Grunt (male) - Pokémon Ruby/Sapphire Version

*~Next con I'm attending~*
FIN Tracon (13-14th September 2014)
SAT Hajime Saitō - Hakuōki: Shinsengumi Kitan
SUN Ryūnosuke Ibuki - Hakuōki: Shinsengumi Kitan
Blood_Sword is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-01-2011, 02:48 PM   #1303
fallenone121

I cannot go beyond page 3 of the search for any costume type. I tried it with Commander Shepard, Tali, Honey, and three characters off Vandread.

I can search for it, I can move up to page three, but when I click page four I am informed that I am not permitted to do so because I dont have rights? Apparently im not priviledged enough to be able to view beyond three pages of cosplay outfits :P

'Cosplay.com Message
Important: If you are seeing this message after logging in, please check "Remember Me" next to the login box and it will log you in properly.

Important: There are many possibilities as to why you are seeing this message. The most common are: You are attempting to view a photo that no longer exists, or you are awaiting email confirmation for a new account or changed password. If these do not apply, then please read the following:

fallenone121, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.'
Honey - Ouran High School Host Club (90%)
Mal Reynolds - Firefly / Serenity (10%)
Commander Shepard - Mass Effect (0%)
Spike - Cowboy Bebop (0%)
fallenone121 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-03-2011, 04:05 PM   #1304
Viveeh
necrocarnival

Now I've figured this out. I can't search photos or costumes when I'm on the Marketplace page. It only shows a blank page. But on any other page it does work.
Viveeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-05-2011, 03:36 PM   #1305
Emrys

I just noticed that some old comments (at least 1+ year old) on photos and costumes do not show the user's current username. I can only guess that it is showing an old username before they got a name change. Don't know if it does this for ALL of their comments or just old ones...
Emrys is offline   Reply With Quote