Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Video Games > .Hack

Unread 01-31-2008, 08:18 AM   #1
TaRu
Derp powers activate!

Subaru > .Hack//Sign -- Layering?

I've made the bra top thus far, but out of really flimsy material (bought some light blue charmeuse given its reputation for ultimate flowiness, using it throughout the whole costume). So, I took the top part of a corset pattern, essentially shortening it quite a bit, and it really is pretty perfect for the top, only problem is, even after double layering the fabric (made a reverse side) its still very thin and somewhat shorter then I wanted it o.o It's about two inches shorter then I need it to be, and it took me a really long time to make that damn thing last night, so I'm just going to fix it to the point of wearable - I don't really care if it looks a bit off of the original drawing, it'll take a long time to make another one of these x.x I'm still confused as to what I should do for layering in the inside.

I don't really want to have to go through and rip out the stitches and restitch in some interfacing (I was thinking felt even if I have to:P) then restitch it all back together. Any advice for fixing this problem would be great, I know using interfacing on the inside would be the best choice, but I'm lazy. Most likely, I'll end up going that route, but any other ideas would be awesome.

If all else fails, I'll just get some stiffer fabric in the same color as the charmeuse and use that to make the top:P
TaRu is offline   Reply With Quote