Go Back   Cosplay.com > US Convention Forums > Otakon

Unread 06-09-2003, 01:18 AM   #1
BitterBeing
The REAL Solid Snake, OK?

The competition I've got as far as DDR goes?

Um, yeah. Hi. I'm Joe. But you already knew that. I'll be at Otakon. You knew that too. This time, I'll actually be out of costume for the Dance Dance Revolution competitions. I started this thread to find out what I'll be up against, mainly because I'm (warning, ego attack) pretty confident that I'll be kicking the tar out of quite a few people. Anyone mind posting what they're capable of? Yes? Goodie. My latest accomplishments are the Dancemania oni course, getting about halfway through Legend Road (I got slaughtered at Legend of Max, no way in hell i can do that without missing 3 steps), comboing Max 300 (AA on maniac), passing Maxx Unlimited with an A (don't ask me how I did it in legend road), Sakura - AA maniac, passing Legend of Max with a B.. and.. yeah. I'm basically trying to find insanely fast shit to use as tourney knockouts against people that can give me a run for my money.

My question, in short: how good are you people?
"What are they doing?" "What?" "I said, what are they doing now?" "God DAMN, I'm getting so sick of answering that question!" "You have the fucking rifle, I can't see shit! Don't bitch at me, because I'm not going to sit around and play with my--" "OK, OK, look, they're just STANDING THERE and TALKING. That's all they're doing. That's all they ever do is just stand there and TALK. That's what they were doing last week, that's what they were doing when you asked me five minutes ago. So five minutes from NOW, when you ask me, "what are they doing?", my answer's gonna be, "They're STILL just talking, and they're STILL just standing there!" "... What are they talking about?" "You know what? ... I fucking hate you." - Red Vs. Blue
BitterBeing is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 06-09-2003, 01:57 AM   #2
JacksUsername
Palahniuk fanatic

crap, i can't even beat max 300

but I'm not much of a competitor anyway, so it works for me :P
JacksUsername is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-09-2003, 12:46 PM   #3
Oshi
Rugged. Like the moon.

...Shit. The only 10 foot I can pass is Bag, with a B o__o;
Well, only one I know I can pass...
I think I.. yeah... Sakura with a C or D, don't remember...

Max300... I can pass with a D on a good day -_-; ...I think. I haven't tried in a while o.o;;

I can pass most 9 foot songs with A-C... i rarely get AA's

Last edited by Oshi : 06-09-2003 at 12:51 PM.
Oshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-09-2003, 01:06 PM   #4
Maryssa
Dragon Queen
STAFF OF d00m

well just keep in mind that you may be competing on soft home pads. and i have found the hardest songs to be very tricky to pull off on those.
Maryssa is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-09-2003, 01:14 PM   #5
BitterBeing

I know, I know. I should really see if I could bring my metal pads along.
Unread 06-09-2003, 01:49 PM   #6
Oshi
Rugged. Like the moon.

I think we should just hope that Otakon scores an arcade machine... heheh...
Unread 06-09-2003, 02:51 PM   #7
Neko Cathy

Uh... we'll just have to see about that so save the boasting for later until the torney comes. I highly doubt they will let anyone bring their own pads because "it takes too long to set up things!" That means they have to unplug the pads they spent a lot of time setting up (putting the pads together, taping them down to the floor and test them to see if they work and stay in place while DDRing on it) and try to set up other people's pads over and over. Yes, they have to tape them down so they wont slide into the other pad and cause a "distraction" to the other DDR player going against you. I see it being too much of a hassel on EVERYONE participating, taking up everyone else's time at the convention and the event itself.

Trust me, I don't see that happening, especially when Otakon's DDR torney is HUGE with a lot of other compeitiors entering it. They already had problems last year organizing it which took the entire Saturday from 9 in the morning to the time the evening Masquerade started! There is nothing wrong using the soft inch thick home pad, It's probably sponsered by Red Octane who make excellent DDR pads, they work the same as the metal ones and it won't go bad because it's meant to last long and outstand heavy weights.

To get back on the topic, I'm a fairly decent DDR player. I don't bust out on many AAs, but I'm excellent when to comes to freestyling. I would probably be one of the better Female DDR cmpeitiors out in the torney, but that' as far as I can guess. I do an average of an 8 footer and I can bust out on a couple of 9s.
Neko Cathy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-09-2003, 03:00 PM   #8
BitterBeing

Yeah, but for some of us that have metal pads at home (and pretty much live at the arcade 24/7), its' VERY difficult to get adapted to the old soft pads again (lack of screws to remember where you're standing, etc), and they're plain just not as sensitive as the other pads are, which leads to steps not being counted, combos being broken, and lots of swear words being thrown around. And you can just throw my metal pads down and they won't budge. Amazing how that works.
Unread 06-09-2003, 11:04 PM   #9
Neko Cathy

Are they that heavy? The only problem would be if they accomodate one person, they need to fit round EVERYONE'S preference which means switching pads compeitiors brought w/ them over and over and holding up the entire DDR torney. It wouldn't be much of a tornament if everyone was "accomodated" and the unlucky people who didn't or couldn't bring their own pads get screwed out or have to wait for resetting the soft pads. It also could depnd on who's sponsering it like Red Octane or so...

I sort of know the guy who's hosting the Otakon DDR Torney, met him at Katsu and he's the best DDR player I know. He can bust out every DDR song in AAs, some in AAAs as I hear. That dude is a DDR God O_O;
Neko Cathy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-09-2003, 11:49 PM   #10
BitterBeing

good competition, then.
Unread 06-10-2003, 12:40 AM   #11
TheAnarCHris
Overrated

ME!!!!

Oh wait, u said DDR, not Soul Caliber 2.....never mind, yeah I'm thinking you can beat me like a read headed step child in that......

"I think that a huge problem is people who read comics and don't understand the point of superheroes, which is to be the best version of yourself. You love Captain America? Well, you know what Captain America would never do? Go online anonymously and shit on a girl for having an opinion." -Brian Michael Bendis
TheAnarCHris is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-10-2003, 12:52 AM   #12
dizzylizzy
I sew things

:::liz gets wind of another ddr thread::: i will school you all!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

yeah right..... i'll just hug my standard mode-ness.

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Dizzy...49665061805445
dizzylizzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-10-2003, 02:30 AM   #13
Oshi
Rugged. Like the moon.

*pats Lizzy on the head* You'll 0wn em in the Trick tourney. Leave the Maniac to us ;D
Unread 06-10-2003, 03:04 AM   #14
BitterBeing

Um.. sorry to break it to you, but if I can compete in all divisions, you'd best run fast. I either AA or AAA trick songs.

I'm hellbent on winning something for once in my life. Just hit me if I start getting too cocky and braggart life, please. ^^; I'm normally not like this.
Unread 06-10-2003, 08:06 AM   #15
psythe

*hits Bitterbeing* j/k

I completely suck at DDR and won't be entering(lol, that would be a sight), but we don't need a "I'm better than you are thread" going on. Let's keep the cockiness and boasting debates off the forums and in the tourney's, ok? At least keep it to a dull roar here...

Best of luck to anyone entering!
psythe is offline   Reply With Quote