Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Anime/Manga > Fullmetal Alchemist

Unread 02-04-2008, 01:53 AM   #1
FMAScar

fma scar costume help

this is me.http://b2.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/0...67567052_l.jpg

i'm going to anime detour and i'm looking to make a really nice scar costume.

i have some theatrical background but this will be my first cosplaying experience and i have a few questions.

how am i going to do the tatoo?
where am i going to find scar's coat?
any ideas for a wig?

i think i should be able to iron a stripe on to a pair of sweatpants. thats no big deal.

the sunglasses are easy

i'm going to get a white bandage for my torso and wear the jacket half on.

this is what i want to look like. http://img231.echo.cx/img231/3417/scar1zm.jpg

i'm doing my part to get the mscular body cut, but you can only do so much in two months.

Last edited by FMAScar : 02-04-2008 at 02:07 AM.
FMAScar is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 02-04-2008, 01:46 PM   #2
Infernoman
Hot as Hell

Right on for being scar! I cosplayed him last year and for going about the scarred mark, I used some face paint:

http://www.cosplay.com/photo/1004050/

though if I do it again I'll mix in some light brown to make it a better looking mark (but I guess it depends on your skin tone)

as you also can see my ver is his 2nd one with a yellow shirt instead of his coat but you can try to look in any thrift stores for one. I have my own hair for this costume so I cannot help you out much on wig =/

my pants hade the white stripe sewed on...I'm not sure how much help I have been but more power to ya for working outand going shirtless!

Unknown/on Hiatus until further notice...
Infernoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-04-2008, 05:24 PM   #3
bandXaided
-almost Byaku's alter ego

i think i would use some concealer stuff and that creamy stuff they use for a base whose name escapes me for the scar...i'd use a combination of that...or like, i dunno,that tanning lotion>? make sure it doesn't run when you sweat...or something.

i would use henna for the tattoo,but what would i know? i think you should go find some renji cosplayers and ask them what they used for his tattoos, they're rather similar.

as for the coat, just rummage for things you can alter or just sew up one yourself, it shouldn't be that hard.

+Cons+
prolly Otakon 2011, maybe NYAF.

You are a neglected Cosplayer when you look for photos of yourself forever after a con and you cannot find more than three. If you are, join the club, and begin your post with something related to neglected cosplayers!

bandXaided is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-05-2008, 10:44 AM   #4
FMAScar

nice costume infernoman. did you do anything for a tattoo?

i don't know who i can get to sew a white stripe onto my pants but it shouldn't be terribly hard

band x aided, i looked into henna, and what i saw terrified me. i guess henna is not supposed to be black, and a lot of people have gotten scars from it.

i actually work at victoria's secret though, so picking up some light base would be too easy.
Unread 02-06-2008, 03:46 PM   #5
FMAScar

so a friend of mine says she'll draw the tattoo on my arm with a permanent marker. that would be super cool. she's going to sew a stripe on some sweat pants too. that's gonna rock.