Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Video Games > The Orange Box

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 4 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 07-08-2011, 02:48 PM   #136
Hakkari
HEY! LISTEN!

I did a Chell cosplay for AMA 2011.
I forced my sister to be my companion cube.
It was extremely fun xD We attracted a lot of attention (though she attracted a lot more than me by herself lol)
Pictures are on my profile. ^_^
Junko Enoshima - Dangan Ronpa (100%)
Mukuro Ikusaba - Dangan Ronpa

Hakkari is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 07-11-2011, 12:31 PM   #137
division-ten
Yes, I AM an Albino

I was an Aperture employee carrying a 3 foot GLaDOS puppet at AnimeNEXT, and will be bringing her (as well as one of my friends dressed as Rattman) with me to Otakon. You can see GLaDOS as my current pic- she lights up, talks (thanks to a speaker system wired into the head, through the back, and into a battery pack in my coat pocket), and moves via the cables in her head connecting to my left arm.

I also made a Chell kimono which you can see here. It's not backwards, the photo was just taken in a mirror.

Lastly, I did all of the art, props, and costumes for an Exile Vilify contest video. Look close and you'll see a disassembled turret on Rattmann's desk!

Se 'yall at Otakon!
08- NY Comic-Con, Otakon
09- NY Comic-Con, Otakon, Zenkaikon
10- Katsucon, AnimeNext, Otakon, 日本に住んでいる!
11- 日本に住んでいる!, AnimeNext, Otakon
12- Otakon
13- Otakon
14- AnimeNext, Otakon

Last edited by division-ten : 07-11-2011 at 12:35 PM.
division-ten is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-31-2011, 05:57 PM   #138
Gabbyv23
That one chick

Need some Chell refs?
someone ripped the model from the game and made a video of some poses.
quite helpful I think!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p1fT7_dYyGc

There's some gifs on tumblr too if you want them, I can link.
Gabbyv23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-23-2011, 12:07 AM   #139
☆★~白黒~★☆
☢CAUTION☢

I'll assume this thread isn't dead yet and post this here...

I'm planning a self-designed version of GLaDOS-tan (I'll post that doodle of a blueprint-thing later/eventually) but I still don't know where to start and such. The whole thing is a bit of a white thigh-length dress with Miku GLaDOS sleeves and white boots, but what kind of fabric should I use to make it kinda shiny-ish. On top of that, I have no experience with boot covers and I still don't know how I should make the personality cores without ruining the whole concept of them.

On another note, volpin, if you're still lurking around this place for whatever reason, I'll say this. I hate you as of now cuz you can make freakishly realistic props (portal gun) and...I'm kinda jealous, actually. I respect your work, but I think I'll just hate you as a person anyway, mmkay?

~Shirokuro
Unread 10-05-2011, 09:21 AM   #140
Ryder Phoenix

Chell

I am thinking about going as Chell to my next anime con. However i dont know where i would get an orange jumpsuit or orange jumper pants. Can i find them in regular clothing stores or should i travel to somewhere else? Id rather not order anything online if i can help it. Help would be appreciated.
Ryder Phoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-05-2011, 12:25 PM   #141
EroSempai
Covered in Cotton Candy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryder Phoenix View Post
I am thinking about going as Chell to my next anime con. However i dont know where i would get an orange jumpsuit or orange jumper pants. Can i find them in regular clothing stores or should i travel to somewhere else? Id rather not order anything online if i can help it. Help would be appreciated.
I know that work stores sell them. Look for a place similar to whistle workwear for one. They are a bit expensive there but are good quality cloth.

If you want a cheaper option check goodwill. It is known to be a cosplayer paradise if you don't want to spend so much.

Call me Ero~
ZomBCon 2010 - Volunteer
Emerald City ComiCon 2011 - Minion
Sakura Con 2011 - ID and Pass Booth Staff
ZomBCon 2011 - Horde

EroSempai is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-11-2011, 09:02 AM   #142
Ryder Phoenix

Thanks EroSempai! Ill try that do you think goodwill would have a white skirt and white shoes as well?
Ryder Phoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-11-2011, 01:48 PM   #143
EroSempai
Covered in Cotton Candy

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryder Phoenix View Post
Thanks EroSempai! Ill try that do you think goodwill would have a white skirt and white shoes as well?
Yep! Goodwill has a ton. If you have any other local thrift shops check there too. I know with my state (Washington) has a place called Value Village

Call me Ero~
ZomBCon 2010 - Volunteer
Emerald City ComiCon 2011 - Minion
Sakura Con 2011 - ID and Pass Booth Staff
ZomBCon 2011 - Horde

EroSempai is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-13-2011, 07:51 PM   #144
princessnavi848

Hi there! <peeks inside> I need some help with my Chell jumpsuit (Portal 2). In the reference below when you zoom in a TON, it looks like there is extra stitching at the pants-portion of the jumpsuit. Does that look like regular stitching to you guys, or an actual seam/dart?

http://images1.wikia.nocookie.net/__...al_2_chell.jpg

In progress, or being redone:
Gankutsuou, Gankutsuou: The Count of Monte Cristo
princessnavi848 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-03-2011, 06:25 PM   #145
Liruliniel

Hey!

I'm starting to work on a Chell cosplay, but I'm having some trouble.
I bought an orange jumpsuit online but even after washing it it's a little big. Mainly I need to alter it so the crotch isn't hanging too low (I'm 5'0 so it's a little too baggy right now).

How do I go about doing that? I have no idea.

I also need to add sleeves to the top (it's a short sleeve jumpsuit, but I was planning on doing Chell from Portal 2, with the long sleeves tied around the waist).

Thoughts?
Liruliniel is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-09-2011, 11:04 PM   #146
annietabio

I think it would be great if you do it with couple of more people. People love taking photos of group cosplay and this is the perfect type for it.
annietabio is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-06-2012, 03:02 PM   #147
HylianChevalier

-waves-
I'm just posting here so it saves under my forum/comments on my profile.

I'm working on the long fall boots and the portal gun for my first cosplay/convention this spring.
Husband Kraft Lawrence.

HylianChevalier is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-07-2013, 09:02 AM   #148
KnightJeran
Calling Major Tom

Hello all~

I'm working on my Chell cosplay (with my friend as Cyborg/Android Glados) and all I have left is the wig and shoes. Since she wears a relatively low ponytail, I'm thinking I can just manipulate a thinner wig into one, since her hair is kinda thin and wispy. As for the boots, what has everyone else been doing? They seem pretty difficult to get right and accurate, and I've seen a lot of different things...

I plan on making a light up Wheatley though! That'll be fun!

2013: Dean Winchester/Castiel/Sherlock/Kitty Riley/Rainbow Dash/Spike/Timmy Turner/Canada/Fai/Kraehe

My Cosplays +++ My Cosplay DeviantArt +++ My Art DeviantArt +++ My Marketplace Ads
KnightJeran is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-09-2013, 07:23 PM   #149
toughtink

Quote:
Originally Posted by KnightJeran View Post
Hello all~

I'm working on my Chell cosplay (with my friend as Cyborg/Android Glados) and all I have left is the wig and shoes. Since she wears a relatively low ponytail, I'm thinking I can just manipulate a thinner wig into one, since her hair is kinda thin and wispy. As for the boots, what has everyone else been doing? They seem pretty difficult to get right and accurate, and I've seen a lot of different things...

I plan on making a light up Wheatley though! That'll be fun!
i haven't made any long fall boots myself, but the two main variations i've seen are either with the heels or without. without, you'd have to worry about walking only on your toes or else falling over, but it'd be more accurate and looks pretty cool. if you're more keen on safety then accuracy, i'd say there's no shame in keeping the heel as i've seen plenty of cosplayers just paint it black to match the metal dealy that curves down the back and having that piece actually attached to the heel on the bottom.

anyway, here's a thread on here where they threw out some ideas: http://www.cosplay.com/showthread.php?t=241069

also, if you like pictures like i do, i found this thread on a different forum where they show their process step-by-step: http://www.therpf.com/f24/making-lon...-tenth-147418/

good luck with the light up wheatley, too!! i'm working on a glados cosplay right now and plan on having a light-up headpiece.
toughtink is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-11-2013, 01:16 AM   #150
SidSuicide

Chell is my favorite to do:

SidSuicide is offline   Reply With Quote