Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > J-Rock/J-Pop

Unread 06-10-2003, 11:26 PM   #1
Yui
morally ambiguous
All-Seeing Eye

Exclamation Psycho pSoccer...Round 1

The what: All j-rock cosplayers (tho especially PLCers) invited to a photoshoot...while attempting to play a game of soccer.

...So here we go. First we will address plans for AX.
I was in the process of making a nice website with a nifty sign-up form and fun graphics, but I've been completely non-webdesign-inspired, so it didn't come together exactly yet....And then I noted that there are only 18 days left before AX (even less for me as I have to travel) and so this has to get organized now. If anyone feels bored, they're welcome to whip a page up or otherwise advertise, but I figure this is the best place to reach most of you.
This being the test-run of this...odd thing...it's going to be pretty informal, but I want it definite enough that we can get some photographers to tag along.

- First of all, we need the date...your choices are Thursday anytime before the DJ concert, Friday after the j-rock events or Saturday anytime. The original plan was Saturday at 2:30, but I'm keeping this as open as possible right now so the most people will be able to either play or at least watch.
- Second, we need a ball (and goal cones) - I was going to design some for us, but that's just more large articles I have to lug on the airplane. Plus, I figured it'd be fun and interactive for anyone, again, with too much time on their hands.
- Third - anyone familiar with the Anahiem location may want to suggest a place of play. I could always scope out the area once I get there Wednsday, but if we can decide on this, that's one less thing to worry about later.
- Fourth - um, bring reasonable footwear.
- Fifth - recruit, entice, seduce participants &/or the audience.

Have any other ideas to help sort this out or make it run more smoothly? Wanna provide background music or orange slices? Just want to sign up? Post below. It's quicker this way.
Yui is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 06-11-2003, 01:26 PM   #2
shiroi_yukiko
has helmet hair

Yay! Umm... yay! (I'm so helpful) I'll be there! Any day is good, but if it's Saturday I'll have to watch and not play. I feel like I have more to add to this, but I can't remember it.. oh well. I'll be back later then. ^^
Etsy Shop
shiroi_yukiko is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-11-2003, 02:31 PM   #3
Yui
morally ambiguous
All-Seeing Eye

Okay, here are the +'s and -'s to each day, as I can think of them:

Thursday:
Pros: not much going on yet, semi-relaxing, likely to get a lot of spectators and photos. Also, peep's can keep their cosplays on for the DJ conecert that night.
Cons: some people won't be at AX til late. -_-

Friday:
Pros: can tell everybody at the j-rock panel about it, & people'll be all together already. It'll also be cooler in the evening.
Cons: it might be too late/dark after the panel (?)

Saturday:
Pros: can tell everyone at the j-rock panel + they can change into a different cosplay if wanted. Also most people will be there on Saturday.
Cons: Saturday's usually pretty busy...can't be too early or interfere with masquerade, other groups, etc.

And we have to keep in mind there may be another mystery band (I *hate* secret con guests mucking up everything...) on Friday or Saturday...

Um, I was also thinking...if we get a soft nerf ball or something, we might be able to play inside somewhere, maybe?
Unread 06-11-2003, 11:31 PM   #4
shiroi_yukiko
has helmet hair

Hmmm... Friday might be better then? If the panel doesn't run too late. And if the mystery band doesn't interfere. (too many "ifs"!) Also, a softer ball might be a goodish idea anyway, in case anyone gets hit in the... costume? XD ...And I'm prone to being hit in the face with flying objects...

Then there's the place to play... doesn't anyone live around there? That might have to be a last minute decision, ne?
Etsy Shop
Unread 06-11-2003, 11:42 PM   #5
Yui
morally ambiguous
All-Seeing Eye

Okay, DJ concert times are updated:
Thursday, 7-9:30pm & Saturday, 7-9pm

I don't know if that helps the decision any...?
Yeah, the location may be last minute if I'm the one to pick it out Wednsday night. In which case...it's probably better not to have it Thursday cuz where would everybody figure out where to meet?
Unread 06-12-2003, 11:24 PM   #6
shiroi_yukiko
has helmet hair

Yeah, Thursday is probably out. We can rally more people if it happens anytime after the Jrock panel and stuff. From the sad shape of this thread, I'd say we need that. XD If you need any help hunting on Wednesday let me know. If I'm still alive Wednesday night that is... Gotta get up at 4am on Wednesday... ugh.
Etsy Shop
Unread 06-13-2003, 01:32 AM   #7
Yui
morally ambiguous
All-Seeing Eye

Yeewah...looks like everybody who cared about it is going to be at Otakon instead. Oh well ^_^* That's what I get for sharing my silly ideas.
Unread 06-13-2003, 11:32 AM   #8
Chi

Go Otakon! ^^;; I'd be off to AX to play with you if I had cash... so instead I'll be there at Otakon!

*Whips out bel air and soccer wedges* Aya vs. Mana. We shall soon see.....
Chi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-13-2003, 01:14 PM   #9
shiroi_yukiko
has helmet hair

Awww~~ I'm sure we can drag a few people into it. Or we can just have sad looking teams of...2? 3? **; I'm bringing my video camera, so we can record the whole thing for posterity. Friday night is still best for me.

I'll be at Otakon too, so we can compare how much better (in theory) this goes there.
Etsy Shop
Unread 06-14-2003, 06:50 PM   #10
Yui
morally ambiguous
All-Seeing Eye

I'm leaning towards Friday for AX myself. I have some interest from people who've contacted me off the AX board and hopefully we'll get some more people right after the events since we'll all be together anyway.
The pathetic thing is I have way more people officially coming to take photos than I have signed up to play. ^_^**

Yeah, and there might be *too* many people for Otakon...tho we can have complete bands as teams and everything. ^_-