Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > TV/Movie/Musical (live action)

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 37 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 07-24-2011, 11:06 PM   #166
Suzie Blue
Stuck in the 90s

an deiner Seite- I think you would be an adorable Frodo!! As for the feet (or anything else you'd like to know about LotR costumes) check out this site. They have tons of information about the costumes and feet and whatnot.

Has anyone else been keeping up with The Hobbit production videos?? They're very entertaining and really nice to watch. I am SOOOSOSosososoSOSOsOOOsoosoSOoOSoso excited, as I'm sure you all are as well.

Unread 07-25-2011, 01:58 PM   #167
an deiner Seite
Hell doesn't love them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suzie Blue View Post
an deiner Seite- I think you would be an adorable Frodo!! As for the feet (or anything else you'd like to know about LotR costumes) check out this site. They have tons of information about the costumes and feet and whatnot.

Has anyone else been keeping up with The Hobbit production videos?? They're very entertaining and really nice to watch. I am SOOOSOSosososoSOSOsOOOsoosoSOoOSoso excited, as I'm sure you all are as well.

Awh thanks! <3 I bookmarked that site, it should come in handy!

OMG I LOVE the production videos! I nearly screamed when I saw Ian as Gandalf again. I jumped off my seat when I saw John Rhys-Davies come in to see the other dwarfs cuz Gimli is just love.
Any idea on who's playing Bilbo this time?

Stocking - Panty and Stocking with Garterbelt
Rikku - Final Fantasy X
Frodo Baggins - Lord of the Rings
Baby - House of 1000 Corpses/the Devil's Rejects (for Zombie Walk)
an deiner Seite is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-25-2011, 06:00 PM   #168
tegwas

I'm currently knitting (with needles and twine, that knitting) some chainmail for my version of Pippin's Gondorian outfit. The original outfit was made in a day for the screening of RotK: EE when I realized I didn't have enough time to fix up my... it must be ten years old, my regular Pippin costume. Since then I've been redoing most of the Gondorian outfit properly. And adding a helm and a scabbard. I can't wait to debut it at DragonCon.
tegwas is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-26-2011, 05:42 AM   #169
Satine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Creative Genius View Post
cool! thanks!

how would I sew on plastic though?
Poking holes into the edges works But the best product to glue plastic to cloth is E6000 or Shoe Goo (same glue different names). Sand the back of the plastic with really coarse paper (60-80 grit) to help with the grip.
Satine is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-11-2012, 10:05 PM   #170
Dead_Eight
I see you...

I thought I would maybe try to revive this thread? I'd love a place to chat while working on my LotR cosplay and with the hobbit coming out maybe some new interest again?
Dead_Eight is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-11-2012, 10:30 PM   #171
Suzie Blue
Stuck in the 90s

Dead Eight- Good idea! I haven't been here in a while. What are you working on? I'm planning on putting together a female Hobbit outfit for the premiere (if I can find the time to make it). I have a lot of stashed fabrics I could use and a blouse that might spare me the trouble of making one. I'm also thinking of getting a curly wig that I will later use as part of my Merida (Brave) wig. I don't want to spend too much money on something that I will probably only wear once, so I'm trying to be frugal with it! ^.^
Unread 06-12-2012, 12:28 AM   #172
Garuda_Aiacos
Waitin 4 Behemoth Violate

Seriously I have no idea what to wear to The Hobbit Release here, especially these days we dun get Gala Premiere anymore in Singapore.
Maybe just finish my ALAN LEE Galadriel Outfit (need to do the Cape and get a new Wig) or finally complete my Hobbit Lass Outfit (only done the double skirts years ago but got the cloths for the Chemise & Bodice since ages ago). Or finally do another Arwen Dress, got a good amount of cloths at hand already for her Blood Red Dress.

Will see how as nearer the date as now "busy" doing my Saint Seiya (from 3 of the Series!) costumes till like early November @_@

SAINT SEIYA THE LOST CANVAS Hades Alone
SAINT SEIYA SUPER MUSICAL Athena Saori
SAINT SEIYA OMEGA Orion Eden
SAINT SEIYA THE LOST CANVAS Athena Sasha
Garuda_Aiacos is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-13-2012, 10:16 AM   #173
Dead_Eight
I see you...

I'm working on a Witch-king of Angmar cosplay, which is my first time doing any sort of armor so that is coming along interestingly. I just got the fabric yesterday which is good. And I would be outside doing more spray paint coats, but it is raining, so that is on hold for today.

As far as the The Hobbit goes, I would really like to cosplay for the premiere but I don't know what I would do XD
Dead_Eight is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-04-2012, 04:13 PM   #174
lunasol

Right now I'm planning an Eowyn/Dernhelm costume. This makes me sad; I started out planning to make a bow and watched the LotR Extended Editions' making-ofs because they always get me inspired, but instead I got inspired to do Dernhelm. Urgh. It'll be fun, though, her leather armor is amazing, and I've been reenacting that scene in my backyard since I was tiny. I've never worn a full mail shirt, though, that should be interesting.
The only other LotR costume I've made before is a sparkly blue silk thing that I called Varda's handmaiden's handmaiden.
And I think I'll just buy a long skirt and either cobble together a bodice or just find a white shirt with puffy sleeves and go as a hobbit girl for the Hobbit premier. Except I have a pixie cut, and no money for wigs. I'd like to dress up exactly like one of the dwarves but technically not crossplay, because I like the idea that one or more of the 13 were women and Bilbo just couldn't tell.

Last edited by lunasol : 07-06-2012 at 10:34 AM.
lunasol is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-30-2012, 09:49 AM   #175
ioniafreak
Geek.

Hello all!

So i have decided to start working on a young Bilbo Baggins (The hobbit version) for the upcoming premiere and perhaps for New York comic con if i can get it ready in time. I know so far that i plan on getting the ears from aradani, and right now i may look into getting a wig. my hair as seen here http://www.cosplay.com/costume/418054/ is a dirty blonde color. I might be able to use my natural hair is i can curl/wave it a bit. But i am most likely getting a wig.
Soon i am going thrift store shopping and seeing what i can find for the actual costume.

Does anyone have any good sites that i can use for reference towards my costume?
Like for the hobbit feet. I was thinking of using hair trimmings (easy if i obtain a wig) and using spirit gum to apply? I don't know if there is a proper way to do that.

Attending:
NYCC 14
LI WHO 14

Attended:
I-CON 29/30/31
NYCC 10/11/12
AWA 2013
LI WHO 2013
ioniafreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-30-2012, 04:59 PM   #176
PeregrinTook310

I've made over 18 LotR costumes since 2002! Most can be viewed on my FB:
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Celti...0680273?ref=hl

I'm currently remaking my bf's Legolas and making Arwen's Chase dress for myself. Progress of Legolas, with the lace front wig:

Both will be debuting at Dragon*Con! I'll also be hosting a LotR Costuming panel on Sunday of the con at 2:30pm, so drop on by if you're coming!

Fellowship Gimli | Coronation Legolas | Suede Jerkin Legolas from 'The Hobbit' | Arwen Requiem Gown

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/CelticRuinsCostumes
PeregrinTook310 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-29-2012, 10:20 AM   #177
KratosAurion28

Post can be deleted please.

In progress:
The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past - Link

Next con: Yukicon 2.0 (10 - 11/1 - 2015) Espoo, Finland
SAT - ???
SUN - ???

Last edited by KratosAurion28 : 01-06-2013 at 03:20 PM.
KratosAurion28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-29-2012, 10:34 PM   #178
Identity-Crisis

I've been told I look on Pippin and he is sort of my favourite character so...
that's what I've been working on in terms of LotR costumes.
It's still not entirely accurate or how I'd like it, but I'm working on it as I go.
I plan on finally buying a pair of ears which is something I didn't have the last few times I've worn it.

Eventually I'd like to do his steward of Gondor outfit from RotK, but I have a long way to go until I try and tackle that.
Identity-Crisis is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-02-2013, 04:48 PM   #179
Aurora Maryte
The Voice of an Angel

Oh yay, this is revived!!!

First of all, to the guy who did the Witch King of Angmar costume I have gotta say, that is impressive. You now have me thinking of making Eowyn's 'Dernhelm' armor outfit just for the opportunity to get pictures with you. It looks SO good.

That said, I'm about to start Éowyn's green dress. I have a pattern, found perfect underskirt material...but making the gold medallion belt has me stumped.
I usually make metal-like props out of some gold sheet metal I have. Sheet metal is too flat though for this belt. I don't see how it could look even remotely decent.
I need it all done by Katsucon and even though I still have a month I'm starting to freak out now.
If anyone has tips for the belt- or can make me one, I don't mind commissioning it(it'll save me time and stress and I'm in law school I could use less stress)- please let me know.
Thanks in advance for any help you can give!!!

Conventions 2014~
-Katsucon- -Castle Point- -AnimeNEXT- -Philly Comic Con- -NYCC-
2014 Cosplays~ Celes Chere-opera gown(FF: VI); Dr. Princess(Adventure Time); Eowyn- green dress(LOTR); Magik(X-men); Anna(Frozen); Apple Pie(Sakizou); Stella(FF: XV); Scarlet Witch(Uncanny Avengers)

Aurora Maryte is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-03-2013, 09:06 PM   #180
kuro-nee
Instant noodles eater

I recently did a cosplay of Bofur but still, its incomplete. Beards are so irritating and difficult to make but oh so very awesome. (I'm in love with Thrain's beard decorations! <3<3<3)

So If anyone can help suggest on how I can make the beard and make it stay? I used eyelash glue to stick on my beard then but its not really that stable. =\
kuro-nee is offline   Reply With Quote