Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > TV/Movie/Musical (live action)

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 13 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 03-28-2014, 02:16 PM   #256
celticzombie
kissed by fire

Oh man. Cant wait to see the finished Gimli! <3 Looks excellent! Does anyone know where to find the quilted like fabric for Merry's mustard waistcoat?
Ma-Ma - Judge "Dredd" - in progress
Lady Sif - Thor - future

Follow me on Instagram: http://instagram.com/celticzombie
celticzombie is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 03-28-2014, 03:03 PM   #257
Boreotheria
n00b

I can't really see the pattern on that, is it floral or is it just sort of wavey squiggley lines? I think I see a flower and a leaf here and there.

I'd be cutting out the pattern pieces, drawing large freehand floral squiggles, and sewing decorative topstitching with sewing machine, just doodling all over it. The pattern is itself the quilting. Most pre-quilted fabrics I've seen have a simpler pattern on them like a plain grid, and they're also quite a bit heavier than that because they're double-sided with thick quilt batting between them.
Unread 03-29-2014, 08:29 AM   #258
dagmarus
Gondor Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeregrinTook310 View Post
Currently working on Gimli...his helmet is almost complete. I'm also hand making his maille, but with nylon washers. The gold rings are metal, but man is this puppy light! Perfect.

Helmet is made from scratch out of EVA. Drafted the pattern and went to work.

Currently working on the leather flap with shingling on the back. Lots more progress photos, over on my page: https://www.facebook.com/CelticRuinsCostumes
Epic, naders. Epic.

'I am a destroyer of worlds!

'I am Harry Fucking Potter!'
dagmarus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-31-2014, 08:11 AM   #259
PeregrinTook310

Quote:
Originally Posted by celticzombie View Post
Oh man. Cant wait to see the finished Gimli! <3 Looks excellent! Does anyone know where to find the quilted like fabric for Merry's mustard waistcoat?
You'll have to quilt your own if you want something close to the swirl/flower pattern.

I did this vest for a friend 2 years ago and laid out the design on the back of the interfacing:

Then I just followed the design on my machine.

Fellowship Gimli | Coronation Legolas | Suede Jerkin Legolas from 'The Hobbit' | Arwen Requiem Gown

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/CelticRuinsCostumes
PeregrinTook310 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-31-2014, 05:15 PM   #260
celticzombie
kissed by fire

@Boreotheria and @PeregrinTook310

Okay cool. Thanks for the help! I'm not experienced with quilting. So I shall see what I can come up with! <33
Ma-Ma - Judge "Dredd" - in progress
Lady Sif - Thor - future

Follow me on Instagram: http://instagram.com/celticzombie
celticzombie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-01-2014, 06:58 PM   #261
krys-chan
A New York Cosplayer!

Still figuring out a design to do for my elf but I have a much better idea. Right now I'm trying to decide if I want to do a dark teal/brown combination dress or a dark green/brown combination dress.

Also, would anyone like to chat through IM about LotR? Either through Skype or AIM? (I still use it haha).

Facebook

“A single dream is more powerful than a thousand realities.”
― J.R.R. Tolkien
krys-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-10-2014, 08:33 PM   #262
belligerent
Viking Metal

Abandoned the wood idea for the sword. Going to try and do it in sintra and apoxie sculpt instead. Here is a template I made in illustrator for my cutting guide...

[edit] didn't want to double post, even though it's been a few days. Worked on the jerkin some this weekend.
Dudes I am sometimes: Sweden, Sweden (mafia version), Metal!Sweden, Austria, Austria (Inappropriate For Children version), Lithuania, Lithuania (mafia version), Poland, Turkey (mafia version), England, Equius, biker!Equius, PT!Stud!Germany, Tony Stark, Netherlands, Reiner Braun, Rei Ryuugazaki, Denmark
Dudes I will be eventually: Genjyo Sanzo, Wolverine, Turkey, Nephrite

Last edited by belligerent : 04-13-2014 at 10:51 PM.
belligerent is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-20-2014, 09:33 PM   #263
belligerent
Viking Metal

Sorry for the double post, but it's been a week so here's a bump with some progress.

Got this thing sewed together and have put the side lacing on it. It needs to be a hell of a lot darker but I have suede dye on the way, also stuff like greenland wax. I will probably dilute the suede dye and put it on in layers. Also need to do all the ties on front and detail stitching for the patchy parts on front, etc. September will come faster than it will seem to be coming, so trying to get as much shit done as possible before i hit crunch time.

[a week later edit]
got a bit of weathering done. Also trying to "contour" by darkening at the sides to minimize my hips. It actually works pretty well.

Dudes I am sometimes: Sweden, Sweden (mafia version), Metal!Sweden, Austria, Austria (Inappropriate For Children version), Lithuania, Lithuania (mafia version), Poland, Turkey (mafia version), England, Equius, biker!Equius, PT!Stud!Germany, Tony Stark, Netherlands, Reiner Braun, Rei Ryuugazaki, Denmark

Last edited by belligerent : 04-26-2014 at 11:29 PM.
Unread 05-12-2014, 10:16 PM   #264
krys-chan
A New York Cosplayer!

My work in progress:

http://www.cosplay.com/photo/3491762/

So far I've sewn everything by hand. Perhaps I should look into getting a sewing machine.

Anyways this is for my original character, I'm using greens and browns inspired from Mirkwood though the gowny/dress type of look feels more from Greenwood the Great Era

Facebook

― J.R.R. Tolkien
Unread 05-13-2014, 04:17 AM   #265
Ilovefandomsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by celticzombie View Post
Wow ! This costume looks so amazing ! Just cool ! I am really interested in it although I do not know what material it is made of. However, as a loyal fan of cosplay shows, I know there are two online stores which sell Frozen, The Hulk, Captain America, Thor, Superman, The Amazing Spider-Man, The Avengers cosplay costumes, t-shirts, hoodie sweaters and accessories. They are Moviescostume.com and Fandomsky.com online stores. Here is the text link to Frozen cosplay costumes in Moviescostume.com online store: http://www.moviescostume.com/frozen. I love these two online stores very much ! I believe you will love them, too.
Ilovefandomsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-29-2014, 05:09 PM   #266
krys-chan
A New York Cosplayer!

I wanted to share my completed costume. There are two dresses, the under brown dress and the outer green. Everything was sewn by hand

I took inspiration from Greenwood the Great/ Mirkwood.

It's an original character but I've had this idea in my head for a long time

Click Here to go to the Image

Facebook

― J.R.R. Tolkien
Unread 06-05-2014, 07:46 PM   #267
belligerent
Viking Metal

I keep fucking up on the sword so I figured I would make the knife first. Here is the blade, cut out of 1/4" MDF with a scroll saw and sanded with a dremel tool. Now I have to figure out how to make the handle. Will also probably cast this??

[edit]And now today's progress:

Last edited by belligerent : 06-07-2014 at 03:23 PM.