Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > TV/Movie/Musical (live action)

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 07-28-2010, 11:07 PM   #121
neytiri
Cosplaying Geeky Goddess

I am a huge huge huge Lord of the Rings Fan. I am what you call a Ringer! I want to have a Lord of the Rings themed wedding when I get married. I want a Minis Tirith cake! I want to go to New Zeland for my honeymoon. If you are a Ringer please add me!! I love LOTR cosplay but I can't sew for crap. I either buy costumes or pic characters that are easy to create a costume for. Here is some pics

neytiri is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 08-08-2010, 08:45 PM   #122
Suzie Blue
Stuck in the 90s

Just had another LotR marathon! lol I STILL need to get the platinum editions. I'd like to be able to get them on Blu Ray. : )

So, is anyone else with me on dressing up for the premiere of "The Hobbit"? I know it's still a while away, but I plan on putting together a female Hobbit outfit to wear! : ) Of course you could dress as whichever character you like, I just think having a bunch of Hobbits running around would be so cute!! lol Right now I'm working on gathering pictures of female hobbits, but they're rather hard to find. : /

Have any of you guys/gals here used this pattern?
http://butterick.mccall.com/b4486-pr...hp?page_id=916

I'm really only concerned about the sleeves- I need to know if they would work well for Frodo's Fellowship shirt! : )

Last edited by Suzie Blue : 08-08-2010 at 10:16 PM.
Suzie Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-09-2010, 03:44 AM   #123
Garuda_Aiacos
Waitin 4 Behemoth Violate

neytiri, can you use Photobucket's Thumbnail instead when posting your photos? Better for those using smaller screen or on slower internet speed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suzie Blue View Post
So, is anyone else with me on dressing up for the premiere of "The Hobbit"?
I will tho' have no idea what I'll be wearing; haven't gotten any new LOTR Costume completed lately tho' got a couple WIP/Half-Way-Done for years now.

And I'm more an Elf person so I'll probably wear one of my Elven Costumes, maybe I'll had done my Haldir Galadhrim by then or even Idrial "Default" Outfit.

Apart from that, hope I can assemble my friends and fellow LOTR/Tolkiens Fans again for the Movie release like I did back in 2003.
http://darth-eagle.deviantart.com/gallery/#/d203j2q

SAINT SEIYA THE LOST CANVAS Hades Alone
SAINT SEIYA SUPER MUSICAL Athena Saori
SAINT SEIYA OMEGA Orion Eden
SAINT SEIYA THE LOST CANVAS Athena Sasha
Garuda_Aiacos is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-09-2010, 09:02 PM   #124
Suzie Blue
Stuck in the 90s

Garuda- Wow, what a big group!! That looks like soo much fun!!! I loooove Haldir. He's pretty O.O lol I love the Elves too, I'll either be a Hobbit or an Elf. : ) But I'm kinda too short to be an Elf. XDD I'm not short, I'm Hobbit-Size!!
Unread 08-28-2010, 07:34 PM   #125
Nia_Nageraboshi
Across the Stars

Well.. almost two months since I started my "mirkwood elven maiden" gown, but, since I cant find the velvet I want for the jumper dress.. I put it apart until finding the velvet....

but now, I`m working in Eowynīs shieldmaiden dress !! yeah, I`m not blonde, but.. who cares !! Iīll be the first LOTR costumer in Monterrey-Mexico!!

Star Wars have a really large amount of costumers living there (me included), even Twilight and Harry Potter has their cosplay groups... itīs time for a Lord of the Rings costume there !!

I already have all the materials (but I will buy more white cord, the 10 meters I bought for the arm braid wrapers is not enougth) but, the awesome part of this dress is that it seems simple, but it already had cost me over 500 mexican pesos !! jaja, but it really worth it...

I will all so do, the starry mantle and two banners, one of Rohan and other of elves
Unread 08-29-2010, 10:30 AM   #126
Garuda_Aiacos
Waitin 4 Behemoth Violate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nia_Nageraboshi View Post
but now, I`m working in Eowynīs shieldmaiden dress !! yeah, I`m not blonde, but.. who cares !! Iīll be the first LOTR costumer in Monterrey-Mexico!!
Heehee...use a Wig lah.

SAINT SEIYA THE LOST CANVAS Hades Alone
SAINT SEIYA SUPER MUSICAL Athena Saori
SAINT SEIYA OMEGA Orion Eden
SAINT SEIYA THE LOST CANVAS Athena Sasha
Garuda_Aiacos is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-29-2010, 11:59 AM   #127
Nia_Nageraboshi
Across the Stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garuda_Aiacos View Post
Heehee...use a Wig lah.
XDD maybe, but first I need to finish the dress to make sure I will have the enough money for it

EDIT:

I have finished my vest and corset for Eowyn Shieldmaiden Dress

the corset its fake, itīs not boned, its just a rigid kind of fabric I found and since it was already with the pattern for the quilting I use it like a base for my corset, I quilted over the fabric marks and then lined it. it has three layers of fabric.
for the vest I use the same fabric I use for the corset.

The patterns I use for all this was of my own creation (I didnīt use commercial patterns or anything like that, in fact, I don't know anything about sewing or fashion design.. its in my blood someone say)

http://www.cosplay.com/photo/2710487/

http://www.cosplay.com/photo/2710489/

Last edited by Nia_Nageraboshi : 09-16-2010 at 10:31 PM.
Nia_Nageraboshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-07-2010, 08:21 AM   #128
McWhiskey

1. Do you cosplay as certain characters from the book/the movies, or do you have an OC?

Well, I'm embarking on my first cosplay endeavour. It's going to be a OC based off the designs from the movies/battle for middle earth video games I think.

2. What got you into the fandom and when did you start cosplaying from it?

Well, the FoTR premiered when i was 11 i think, and prior to it I picked up the book to see what it was all about so I got into it through the movies and the books at the same time. I started cosplaying yesterday when I started the project

3. The movies - what do you think? Great inspiration or totally off?

I love them personally, they're a great cinematic experience, but at the same time I get more enjoyment out the books. That's where you get the full, engrossing experience that is Lord of The Rings

4. Any particular race (Elf, Hobbit, Man...) you prefer cosplaying? Why?

Well, my idea right now is an Uruk-Hai Commander/General. I'm using the base design from the movies but brainstorming additions to represent the rank of a commanding Uruk. I picked Uruk-Hai because I'm a pretty big guy and I thought my stature would lend to the intimidating nature of the Uruks. Besides, Hobbits are 3'6. not 6'3
McWhiskey is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-05-2011, 08:23 PM   #129
Suzie Blue
Stuck in the 90s

Hi, everyone! Just thought I'd do a little CPR on this thread, seeing as it's been sort of dead for a while now. Recently, I "swindled" my Chemistry teacher into letting me borrow her copies of the Extended Edition LotR DVDs, and have spent the last few nights pouring over FotR. I'm super excited to see TTT!

I also started my annual reading of The Hobbit and LotR for 2011. I always enjoy reading the books, no matter how many times I've read them! You get something new every time! I still need to read The Silmarillion, though it's a little difficult to work through the beginning....lol

Recently, I was commissioned to knit my 2nd Pippin scarf, which I enjoyed. What made it even better was the email I got back from the lady who bough it:
"I had ordered the scarf for my younger brother. The day it arrived he had to go to the hospital for to do a check up for his type 1 diabetes, and they had to run a lot of blood tests. They couldn't find his veins in his arms so he got jabbed a bunch of times for nothing and they ended up taking the blood out of his hand which is very painful! Consequently he was all upset, feeling miserable and his blood sugar was really low since he wasn't aloud to eat anything for the blood tests. When we got home we saw the scarf had arrived and it honestly made his whole day turn around! It had perfect timing and was everything he hoped it would be. So thank YOU for making such an amazing scarf for us and for cheering my brother up when nothing else did! <3"
I was seriously crying after reading it! I was so touched to know that something I made had this affect of someone, and that he loved it so much! She also said that he ran around wearing it and shouting "WHAT ABOUT SECOND BREAKFAST?" all day. ^.^ So cute!

I'm also super-stoked to find out that production on The Hobbit has finally begun! I can't wait for the film to be released, though we've got a while to wait! I still plan on creating a hobbit costume to wear to the premiere. I have other costuming obligations to attend to currently, so afterwards maybe I'll find the time to work on it!

Enough of my blabbering! What has everyone else been up to since your last posts?
Unread 03-07-2011, 01:37 AM   #130
ten_again
ten

This has actually been quite a while ago, but here's a picture of my Gandalf:

ten_again is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-07-2011, 07:23 PM   #131
Suzie Blue
Stuck in the 90s

ten- nice Gandlaf! I've been wanting to make his hat FOREVER cause it's just so awesometastic. XD I plan to knit and felt the fabric myself, whenever I find the time.

I traded out FotR for TTT Extended Edition today, so I'm looking forward to watching that this week! yay!
Unread 03-09-2011, 10:15 AM   #132
ten_again
ten

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suzie Blue View Post
ten- nice Gandlaf! I've been wanting to make his hat FOREVER cause it's just so awesometastic. XD I plan to knit and felt the fabric myself, whenever I find the time.

I traded out FotR for TTT Extended Edition today, so I'm looking forward to watching that this week! yay!
Thanks!

What I did for my hat was to simply take a Halloween type witches hat and put a cover over it from the same material as my overcloack.

Maybe something like that would work for you as well?
Unread 03-12-2011, 10:56 PM   #133
Suzie Blue
Stuck in the 90s

I found this tutorial a while back that I've thought about using. I plan to either knit the fabric, felt it, cut the pieces and assemble it according to that tutorial, or knit the hat in it's entirety and then felt it. I don't know yet.
Unread 03-13-2011, 01:45 AM   #134
ten_again
ten

Very good tutorial.

If you ask me, you are better off felting the material before you put the hat together.
Unread 03-16-2011, 08:29 PM   #135
Suzie Blue
Stuck in the 90s

It depends on how you look at it. I think it could be easier to felt the material first, but I don't want to do so much more knitting and felting than I have to, as well as wasting a lot of fabric (what's left over after cutting the pieces). But, it could also be quite difficult to felt a 3-dimensional object. So I don't know yet!

Also, pre-orders for the Extended Editions of LOTR on Blu-Ray are going on now. Sadly, they are EXPENSIVE, though undoubtedly worth it.