Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Video Games > Phoenix Wright

Unread 02-18-2008, 02:26 PM   #1
Goggle Scarf
Duct Tape Daryan

Phoenix Wright's badge and more

I am crossplaying this weekend as Phoenix Wright from the Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney game series, I was wondering if any other Phoenix Wright cosplayers out there had trouble making his attorney's badge. I don't know where to start and I'm having a horrible time finding refrence for the badge. I know there are small ridges on it and I think there's a "P" in the center, but I'm not sure. My DS is currently at my boyfriend's house, or I'd look closer.

I was also wondering about the "Objection" sign. Would it be easier to go to a copy place and get it blown up there, or write it out with markers?

Edit: (18/Feb/08) I made the sign out of poster board and markers and it came out fine.

Edit: (19/Feb/08) Does the badge even matter, or would it be easier to juist do the shape of it?

San Diego ComiCon '08:
Daryan Crescend, Phoenix Wright (Phoenix is a maybe.)

Phoenix Cactus Comicon '09: Klavier (or Kristoph) Gavin, Komui Lee, and Yami Bakura (or Duke Devlin) from Yu-Gi-Oh ABRIDGED.

Last edited by Goggle Scarf : 02-19-2008 at 09:24 PM.
Goggle Scarf is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 02-21-2008, 11:07 AM   #2
Dionashi

I made my badge out of regular molding clay and I'm pretty sure that at the center of it is the scale that you see at the judge's table in courtroom. For the best reference picture, I suggest either going to 1-5 or one of the Apollo Justice cases to use to 3-D examination thing to look at the badge~
Dionashi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-21-2008, 10:47 PM   #3
meowl

So far, the best online image I could find is here
http://www.myds.com.au/ReviewDetail.aspx?id=220

I would suggest craft foam. It may be based on the Japan's chrysanthemum symbol. The central device does look like the scales of justice.
Unread 03-20-2008, 08:02 PM   #4
Zashi
Regular

www.court-records.net Has lots of images of the badge, though they are not in 3D. Also, there is a thread that I scoured but could not find much related to the making of the badge.

Last year when I cosplayed Phoenix Wright, I went down to a local dollar store and found round Styrofoam balls that I bought and sliced in half and then slowly made the curves. That took me quite a long time, and now since I lost it, Ive got to make another one...I will get a disposable camera and take pics of the progress...

A new power is rising...we are LAWYERS! Let your 'OBJECTION!!' be heard!
Zashi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-21-2008, 02:35 AM   #5
KaZzu
Fish Wrangler

Perfect job for scuply (clay). I made my badge out of it, took about 10mins.

~ Prop Commissioner ~

Sakuracon 08

- Phoenix Wright: Phoenix Wright
- Miles Edgeworth : Phoenix Wright
- Godot : Phoenix Wright
- Time-skip Simon : Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann

KaZzu is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-21-2008, 06:13 AM   #6
Andrea
Stupid Sexy Kotetsu

Yeah, I did the same a couple nights ago. Putting two coats of gold paint and a layer of protective finish on it took longer than actually sculpting the thing. For that matter, so did baking it.
Unread 03-23-2008, 01:40 PM   #7
Goggle Scarf
Duct Tape Daryan

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaZzu View Post
Perfect job for scuply (clay). I made my badge out of it, took about 10mins.
I tried sculpey originally, but it broke apart, so I'll try it again, without leaing it out, or try some craft foam.

San Diego ComiCon '08:
Daryan Crescend, Phoenix Wright (Phoenix is a maybe.)

Phoenix Cactus Comicon '09: Klavier (or Kristoph) Gavin, Komui Lee, and Yami Bakura (or Duke Devlin) from Yu-Gi-Oh ABRIDGED.
Goggle Scarf is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-15-2008, 01:00 PM   #8
LGS

I'm making a couple badges for a friend this week, and I'm using sculpey. Liquid leaf should work on sculpey, right? I usually like the look of gold leaf better than plain old gold paint.

Goggle Scarf, how did you manage to break your badge? It shouldn't be much bigger than a quarter, that's awful hard to break by accident.
Unread 04-16-2008, 12:35 AM   #9
Winterlaurel

A friend wanted me to help him find a badge for his PW cosplay, and I found a button at JoAnn's that worked perfectly.

Kyuzo: 100% complete
Winterlaurel is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-18-2012, 04:46 PM   #10
dannyv

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zashi View Post
San Diego Car Accident Lawyer Has lots of images of the badge, though they are not in 3D. Also, there is a thread that I scoured but could not find much related to the making of the badge.

Last year when I cosplayed Phoenix Wright, I went down to a local dollar store and found round Styrofoam balls that I bought and sliced in half and then slowly made the curves. That took me quite a long time, and now since I lost it, Ive got to make another one...I will get a disposable camera and take pics of the progress...
Have you taken picture of the progress??? I'd be interested to see that.
dannyv is offline   Reply With Quote