Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Chat > General Cosplay Chat

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 9 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 02-18-2008, 11:29 PM   #1
Umika
sup homie G?

Cosplay Wardrobe Malfunction

Hey guys :3
i was wondering if any of you guys have had wardrobe malfuctions when if came to cosplay. When i say "Wardrobe Malfunction" i mean anything from it falling straight off, to having shoes falling apart, becoming useless, ect
i know that my ninja shoes fell apart at AE'07 and i couldn't get thm on, so i went barefoot for awhile
Umika is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 02-18-2008, 11:35 PM   #2
Katsumiyo
Homework Vigilante

Oh, the stories I will probably be able to tell when I finish Adiane....
In the meantime, just this Saturday, my Trisha shoes fell apart. I wasn't horribly surprised, as they were being held together with pins and hot glue, but I was a bit far from my house when it happened and had to continue hopping. But at least it wasn't -at- the convention when it happened.
I had the binding in my Envy come spontaneously undone a couple times. That was rather embarrassing...I had to scuttle off to the bathrooms to re-do it, arms over my chest. XD
And my PH helmet started fracturing before I went out to my photoshoot. The mounted helmet inside wasn't secured properly...I fixed it as best I could with some emergency hot glue, but I'm still not sure that it's secure enough to continue wearing.
In Progress | Vault 34 Jumpsuit | Sniper Wolf
Planned | Catwoman | Snow White
Cons | ALA | AOD | Cherry Blossom Festival | Fanime
Katsumiyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-18-2008, 11:40 PM   #3
Mangochutney
saucy condiment

The first time I wore Sevotharte, his headband/diadem thingy snapped right in half and hung down over my nose. VERY regal. A little duct tape got it spiffed back up enough for some photos, at least.
Bondage Finch [Bondage Finch Adventures] (12%)
Melisandre, the Red Woman [Game of Thrones] (43%)
Mangochutney is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-19-2008, 12:26 AM   #4
Inked~Wrong
CLEAN MY SHOE!

I'v had my Pants come undone from the crotch and pretty much left a nice big hole. >.0 Thankfully, I was wearing a man skirt and covered it up for the day until I was able to get back to the Hotel I was staying at.

Hopefully my next cosplays will stay together.
Unread 02-19-2008, 12:36 AM   #5
Evil Kimba
Captain Bubbletron

Oh, do I ever have stories...

I had pieces of my Testament costume falling off at random. The eyelets kept rolling out and went off to places unknown. Sigh.

My Order-Sol costume...I ripped the back seam of the skirt at least twice squatting down to pick something up. Thank goodness for pants!

The sandals for my Bleach costumes kept falling apart...And the sash clasp for Hitsugaya fell off the backing twice.

Dio Brando...Oh, goodness. I kept losing my pants because the velcro for the belt would come undone and that was the only thing holding my pants up. I also lost the heart buckle because the glue holding the velcro to it came off. I also lost the 'chips' on the boot covers throughout the con.

I imagine there will be many more wardrobe malfunctions coming in my life.

Fanime Lineup:child!Dio Brando from JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Phantom Blood
Magenta Magenta/Wekapipo from Steel Ball Run
Noriaki Kakyoin/Jotaro Kujo from JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Stardust Crusaders
Dio Brando/Robert Edward O. Speedwagon from JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Phantom Blood
Evil Kimba is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-19-2008, 12:37 AM   #6
bokunogaarachan
It's what's for breakfast

The magnet on my Yomi's back horn keeps coming loose. The horn's hit the ground so many times the tip has a large chip and you can see the pink of the foam. After I touch it up I'll secure it to a wig.
Ryuho~S-CRY-ed:5%

The amazing bellydancing Shiva!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JkOg-6qKV0g
bokunogaarachan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-19-2008, 12:45 AM   #7
Rinoa07
Anemic Royalty

I was playing extreme duck duck goose at AX05 and because I was to afraid to wear a bra with my Rinoa costume (i thought it would show) I ended up flashing the participants as well as the spectators. I used to be pretty embarassed by the story, but now I always laugh at it. And I know that I can definitely wear a bra with my costume and not have it show (blast having large chests).

Aside from that, not much else, my dion rogers rinoa top slips occasionally but nothing as bad as in 2005, and the sword and sheath is a royal pain for my Dark Link costume, but aside from that at the Duck Duck goose incedent, nothing else.
Unread 02-19-2008, 02:40 AM   #8
Llinkla

Ax 2007: Stuffing for shoulders broke me out in a rash had to use toilet paper... Bottom half of my costume was falling apart, had to use clear nail polish to stop the fray... countless runs in my stockings, again clear nail polish saved me... and the winds in long beach only blow fabric upwards...! ^_^ All in all last years costume now looks like a chun li /tarzan cosplay.

Riona07: I would have died, LOL

Chun Li 2008: 90% complete...
Llinkla is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-19-2008, 02:43 AM   #9
Kounya
♠King of Spades

I was at Comic Day with the local anime club, and I had worked pretty hard on my Gaia Online avatar. It was the first time I had ever made a prop before (I had made the Phoenix circlet that hung from my butt and the halo, but I didn't wear the halo) and I had entered into the costume contest. Only a few people joined and I was very excited because I was amongst friends. When it was my turn, I stated what I was and started to jump around, because I was on a rush and very happy to be there. Then, unknowingly, my phoenix circlet fell off and everyone sort of laughed but the thing was, I was still on a rush so I wasn't even embarrassed. I wanted to stay up there and continue doing my happy dance. D':

Uh... I almost had a wardrobe malfunction with my Shippuden!Temari costume. It's in a kimono style and the only thing holding it was my obi. I'm very VERY glad that I had the safety pins holding the inside, because if I didn't, I'd have flashed everyone. o___o" But I tightened that obi to where it'd NEVER come off... xD I'm so paranoid...
Unread 02-19-2008, 02:47 AM   #10
U_ne_korn
Kiwi Cosplay!

I made a Sephiroth costume for my boyfriend, but due to severe lack of organisation on my part, the armour on the shoulders wasn't properly attached to anything and the belt-y bits around his chest were pinned on - not safety pins mind, just pins with the sharp end sticking into anything that got in their way. Like him. Lol. Anyway, at regular intervals we had to run off to find a power point to try to re-hot glue gun the shoulder armour onto his jacket (luckily we went for cheap fabric). It's an utter nightmare and I am determined to have NO last-minute-functional pins in any costume ever again!
U_ne_korn is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-19-2008, 05:10 AM   #11
CezzaXV
OOOH! SHOCK TREATMENT!

Oh yes, I've had one too.

I was in a rush to finish my Ema Skye costume before the con which had been sprung on me days before, and in my haste, I didnt have time to sew in any elastic or buttons or anything into my skirt, so I decided to use safety pins to hold it tight to my waist. Bad idea. As soon as I got out of the car the safety pins broke and my skirt almost fell down. :P I spent my whole bus journey there hand-sewing my skirt WHILE I was wearing it.
Unread 02-19-2008, 11:43 AM   #12
paper cosplay
going 2D in a 3D artform

I made a moonanite costume out of paper that wore like a sandwich board. walking back from the convetion I rained. Paper water not a good mix.

I had a large back extention on my code geass pizza deliver knightmare It got cought in a door way 1/2 hour apon ariving at the con and it came completely apart so I got only two photo of that costume
Unread 02-19-2008, 01:19 PM   #13
Exidous
Master of Nothing

I'm constantly getting stains on my L shirt because people DEMAND I drink tea, and eat stuff and so on and so forth.

I'm going to have to lay off staining foods when I get my next costume.
I don't want to keep replacing/bleaching stuff.
Exidous is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-19-2008, 01:26 PM   #14
AkechiTenrai
The Rascal K!ng

My sandals for my Shuuhei are ded. I took them off this sat and there was just this massive hole like some alien baby had burst its way through it.

We're at war. Nobody wants to admit it, but humanity is under attack.

Believe in yourself. Not you, who believes in me. Not me, who believes in you. Believe in you, who believes in yourself!

Cosplays
Ota '11: Natsu Dragoneel{Fairy Tail}, Yamamoto (Vongola Gear V. X) {K.H.R.}
Future: Garrus Vakarian {Mass Effect 2}
AkechiTenrai is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-19-2008, 02:09 PM   #15
ScuzzyToast
gravity got me again

When I cosplayed as Ryuk, I was wearing 6-inch heels for height. Having never worn heels before in my life, I fell flat on my face at least four times the first day of Otakon07, and about twice each day after that. I learned to laugh at myself eventually.

For that costume, I'd used sculpty clay to make the various jewelry bits, and then hotglued them to the fabric. I should have figured that wouldn't be very effective, and of course each little piece either fell off or fell apart about fifty times over the weekend. Luckily I'd been carrying around thread and needles, just in case, so I spent much of my time in a corner, attempting to sew clay skulls and crosses back on my costume however I could.

I was also saved by a mysterious Sango with a tube of emergency super glue when my belt buckle fell to pieces in the hallway. Thank you, nameless cosplayer, thank you.

Workin' the mullet since 2005. <3
ScuzzyToast is offline   Reply With Quote