Go Back   Cosplay.com > Non-Cosplay Forums > Spam Board

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 8 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 02-21-2008, 03:54 PM   #16
The Hag
All Hail Christmastoad

Would it be allowable in the commissioner ads to say that you have some things ready-made and refer them to an external website for images?

Unread 02-21-2008, 07:48 PM   #17
caineyamiyasha
Riku Winter

Great I cant wait to see the new marketplace.
Is there going to be a category that can encompass all the categories of the compleat costume. Or is a commissioner going to have to post in every category. Or can they just post in the over all 1 and have it be displayed in all. I realize what I am trying to say is a little confusing but it is the best way I know how.

Ok here is an example. If you are a commissioner for hire and you can make wigs/costume/props and would like to post in one category... can you? Because if a customer would just like to check if a commissioner can make all the costume I don't think that they would want to be looking in all the category's.... for one person? I know some commissioners specialize in one category but there are others that can do both and more.

I think if there were it would make it a lot simpler for the commissioner and the customer to work in one place rather than the other.

So.... all in all I think there should be an everything category with the others as well to make it simpler. Sub divided can work all the same but could cause a lot more posts buy the same person trying to display their services in all.

-Rikku
Unread 02-22-2008, 04:07 AM   #18
Admin
Administrator
Not Jackie Chan

Update: Everything is tested and should be opening up Friday night.

The marketplace transition will take approximately 2 weeks.

During the first few days, you can post in the spam board as usual, and also in the marketplace, so we can test the marketplace and make sure there aren't any bugs or aesthetic issues.

After that, I will be closing the ability to post new threads here in the spam board. You will still be able to reply to old threads.

After two weeks are up (or thereabouts), I will be doing the following:
1) Closing the spam board for all posting
2) Archiving the board to "read-only"
3) Moving the most important non-sale threads to another area so everyone can still post in them. Examples: "Commissioners who rip people off"

Please begin using the feedback system on the marketplace. You can leave positive, neutral and negative feedbacks for any users, along with comments.

Disputed feedback will be looked at on a case-by-case basis.

I will post the marketplace rules at the same time that it opens. All rules have either been discussed here or are pretty self-explanatory.
Unread 02-22-2008, 05:27 AM   #19
CezzaXV
OOOH! SHOCK TREATMENT!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Admin View Post
Your example on your wig is a good one - you'd be perfectly ok posting it in the marketplace. The "new items" rule is to discourage resellers from using the service, but if you bought something and just haven't worn it it's still "used" in theory. We'll be able to tell the difference between someone just selling an unopened item and someone selling dozens of them.
So I'm guessing it probably means second-hand more than it really means used. :P
Unread 02-22-2008, 08:38 AM   #20
vampirate

What about fabric? I know a lot of us often buy too much and end up with a couple extra yards. Would that be Other Cosplay Items?
Unread 02-22-2008, 01:42 PM   #21
Admin
Administrator
Not Jackie Chan

That's actually a good suggestion for a separate category. Thanks.
Unread 02-22-2008, 07:57 PM   #22
Kanira
Non-Playable Character

Quote:
3) Moving the most important non-sale threads to another area so everyone can still post in them. Examples: "Commissioners who rip people off"
I'm assuming you've been avoiding the topic of the Review Thread because you know people are not going to want to lose it, but you want them to use the feedback system you've arranged.
Would it be possible, then, for it to keep its sticky in the new forum where you will be moving the other important commission-reference threads, but close it to avoid new entries? People will have to submit through the feedback system, but will still have the thread to reference back to so they can have some semblance of confidence in who they're working with, rather than jumping in with everyone on even ground when there are commissioners who do not deserve such, or deserve far more.
It can be booted after the feedback system comes into its own, of course, but unless all the reviews in the thread are going to be transferred into the feedback system so that potential customers can rely on it entirely, it would be nice if it stayed around for a bit
The devolving of certain businesses from well-reputed to dangerous is illustrated with detail, and seems to be proving quite helpful to people.
Thanks much for any consideration!
Unread 02-22-2008, 08:40 PM   #23
MidnightMist
Honey Bee

Will there be a Commissions: For Hire (Other Cosplay Items) section? For like, Wings, Masks, Costume Specific Jewelry? Or are those things considered Props?
Unread 02-22-2008, 10:05 PM   #24
4ng31
meh.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanira View Post
I'm assuming you've been avoiding the topic of the Review Thread because you know people are not going to want to lose it, but you want them to use the feedback system you've arranged.
Would it be possible, then, for it to keep its sticky in the new forum where you will be moving the other important commission-reference threads, but close it to avoid new entries? People will have to submit through the feedback system, but will still have the thread to reference back to so they can have some semblance of confidence in who they're working with, rather than jumping in with everyone on even ground when there are commissioners who do not deserve such, or deserve far more.
It can be booted after the feedback system comes into its own, of course, but unless all the reviews in the thread are going to be transferred into the feedback system so that potential customers can rely on it entirely, it would be nice if it stayed around for a bit
The devolving of certain businesses from well-reputed to dangerous is illustrated with detail, and seems to be proving quite helpful to people.
Thanks much for any consideration!
I personally think the set-up that is in place now is very satisfying, and much more in-depth than any feedback system could ever be. The thread Kanira is speaking of needs no to be closed, but remain open, and encouraged to be used for in-depth reviews and comments. It has obviously helped out quite a good many users here, not to mention it keeps commissioners on their toes knowing the community is watching them.

To lose that thread would be a catastrophe.
Unread 02-22-2008, 10:33 PM   #25
Admin
Administrator
Not Jackie Chan

The old thread is staying, nothing to worry about. The feedback system is for people who are actively using the site to sell things. The review thread covers people who don't post here as well.
Unread 02-22-2008, 11:08 PM   #26
4ng31
meh.

Quote:
The old thread is staying, nothing to worry about. The feedback system is for people who are actively using the site to sell things. The review thread covers people who don't post here as well.
Excellent. Thanks.
Unread 02-22-2008, 11:27 PM   #27
Kanira
Non-Playable Character

Quote:
Yay! That is comforting. Thanks much!
Unread 02-23-2008, 12:36 AM   #28
caineyamiyasha
Riku Winter

Quote:
Originally Posted by MidnightMist View Post
Will there be a Commissions: For Hire (Other Cosplay Items) section? For like, Wings, Masks, Costume Specific Jewelry? Or are those things considered Props?

Oh this is a good idea as well. I didn't think about that~

For commissions like jewelry and wings they would not quite fit into any of those categories. So to have an other category specializing in things like that would be great would be a great idea!

Good thinking!!!
Unread 02-23-2008, 01:27 AM   #29
Admin
Administrator
Not Jackie Chan

I think it would be better to change "Props" to "Props/Other" to avoid the problem of having too many sections one user can post a "for hire" ad in. Additionally, some people may consider a mask or wings a prop, so one general category could stave off some confusion.

Most of the action in the previous classifieds came out of the search function anyway, so if you list what you're capable of making you will be fine regardless where the ad is placed.
Unread 02-23-2008, 01:43 AM   #30
Admin
Administrator
Not Jackie Chan

Everything will be open for testing shortly. There are bound to be a few typos, but the script is tested, integrated, and works.

Here are the rules for starters:

1) The Cosplay.com Marketplace is available to all registered and active Cosplay.com members.
2) Buyer beware. Cosplay.com is not responsible for any transactions that take place using the marketplace. The service is provided as-is, for our members to use at their own discretion. By using the service, you agree to not hold Cosplay.com liable for any issues that arise from the use of the service.
3) Seller beware. Cosplay.com is not responsible for any transactions that take place using the marketplace. The service is provided as-is, for our members to use at their own discretion. By using the service, you agree to not hold Cosplay.com liable for any issues that arise from the use of the service.
4) Cosplay.com does not warrant the accuracy of any ad or any information posted in the marketplace.
5) By posting an ad, you warrant that the item is in your possession and is available for sale. No pre-sales are allowed.
6) Cosplay.com may, at its sole discretion, remove any ad without the permission of the seller.
7) Anyone receiving repeated complaints will have their accounts reviewed, with possible site-wide account suspension.
8) All items posted for sale must be used/pre-owned items. NO RESELLERS ALLOWED. Breaking this rule is the fastest way to get banned from the site completely.
9) No contact lenses.
10) Please clearly define the terms of your sale in your ad details. For example, if you are only accepting Paypal, then say so.
11) Describe your item as specifically as possible.
12) Keywords used in ad placements must be relevant to the item for sale. Intentional keyword abuse will result in the removal of the advertisement.
13) All non-cosplay items must go in the non-cosplay section.
14) No illegal items. No obscene items. No bootlegs. By using this service you agree to adhere to all applicable laws with regard to the legality, sale, accuracy, payment, and delivery of any item contained in any advertisement you submit.
15) No links to auctions are allowed at this time.
16) Transactions must be completed off-site. Cosplay.com is not responsible for your transaction. Cosplay.com will not review your transaction. Cosplay.com will not arbitrate or broker your transaction.
17) You are allowed to post the following:
One ad in each of the "Commission For Hire" categories.
Multiple ads in all other categories.
18) When an item is sold, please mark it as sold. You can do so by clicking on "SOLD IT" while looking at your advertisement.
19) Images uploaded must be of the actual item you are selling.
20) No selling of your items in comments for other items. You may not take sales from other members by posting in their advertisements.
21) If you post more than one ad in a Commission category, we will remove all but the oldest ad.
22) Cosplay.com reserves the right to modify these rules at any time. It is up to you to periodically check the rules for your own compliance.