Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Anime/Manga > Air Gear

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 21 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 02-25-2008, 11:36 AM   #16
TybaltFlux
FORCE-CHOKE

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSPrincess View Post
But I digress. I have lots of silver sign vinyl as I'm not going to be able to use all of it for my Edward Elric's automail if you want some for Nue....just so you know...
I -might- have to take you up on the offer, SSP, just because I love how your automail turned out . I'll PM you about it once the time to start working on Nue gets closer (need to get home first for Spring Break and rally up my income, oh boy is that jacket going to cost a few pennies).

Unread 02-25-2008, 12:39 PM   #17
Elendriel
God of Mischief

I can't wait to see the progress pics on these Especially a Nue!!

and not a problem guys, just figured a thread like this could help out a lot of people

*Planned cons for 12*
WW Chicago, TVD NJ, Dragon*Con, AWA, NYCC, Chicago TARDIS, Youmacon, TVD Orlando
Elendriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-25-2008, 02:21 PM   #18
AndoMasanobu
love freezes to death

i just did Agito recently and ill be making an Akito and Sora for some friends of mine. i also plan to start on Lind for myself but my issue with that at the moment is the color of his outfit :X
~aoi
Unread 02-25-2008, 05:28 PM   #19
A19Riku

ohohoh for people working on regalia craft foam is like god!!!!

I just finished the construction of the some 50 pieces for both the agito and akito in our group... so ya there is only 25 per pair of skates. I just put pictures up of all the pieces . http://www.cosplay.com/gallery/76884/

but if you use craft foam I wouldn't suggest shaping it with an iron ... not for regalia anyway because they have sharp edges and you don't get that by heat shaping. So I would recommend drawing out the pieces cutting them apart and then bevelling the edges and supergluing them back together. Its a long process but well worth the effort.

But ya for my own cosplay though I finished 1 version of ringo already though Im not to thrilled with it . But I am working on the vol. 6 cover of her for MTAC. Then I am also finishing up my kaito for momocon. ... after those 2 I think in the summer sometime im going to make yet another ringo so I can make the thorn regalia .

Conventions 2010: Con Nooga, MTAC, Dragoncon?, AWA
A19Riku is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-25-2008, 05:31 PM   #20
Rawk_z3r0

I'm currently working on an Akito costume, the manga version, and trying to figure out a way to make some AT's like Agito's. So far it's been pretty tough, -_-;
3. Yoyo - Jet Set Radio Future
4. Zexion - Kingdom Hearts II
5. Gokudera - Kateikyoushi Hitman Reborn
6. Mifune - Soul Eater

WILL DOMINATE:

ACEN09

DOMINATED:

ACEN08 SOYCON08 OTAKON08 ANIME USA08YOUMACON08 OHAYOCON09
Rawk_z3r0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-25-2008, 05:49 PM   #21
TybaltFlux
FORCE-CHOKE

Soshen- a regalia like A19's is the best way to go. I think it looks great, and you don't need metal-shaping or any excessive tools, plus craft foam is ridicously cheap and awesome to use.

I was going to originally do the entire regalia for Nue with craft foam, but because his regalia is his entire body (or at least most of it), I wouldn't be able to move. My friend was advising using a type of vinyl with a mix of other sewing techniques that are beyond me to replicate the mechanical-organ/Terminator-type of look that Nue has. I'm going to try both SSP's Ed-esque arm process for Nue and a craft-foam only version for the claws, and see what goes better.

As for Lind, cause I want to cosplay him to, I think his costume is entirely blue. I'm basing this off of - http://www.onemanga.com/Air_Gear/193/013-014/ WARNING, SPOILER-TACULOR.

The pants and shirt have the same tint to them, and they seem to be either dark gray, or more likely, blue, as the color used by Oh!great is the same as the hair hue.

Last edited by TybaltFlux : 02-25-2008 at 06:54 PM.
TybaltFlux is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-25-2008, 06:46 PM   #22
AndoMasanobu
love freezes to death

Quote:
Originally Posted by TybaltFlux View Post
Soshen- a regalia like A19's is the best way to go. I think it looks great, and you don't need metal-shaping or any excessive tools, plus craft foam is ridicously cheap and awesome to use.

I was going to originally do the entire regalia for Nue with craft foam, but because his regalia is his entire body (or at least most of it), I wouldn't be able to move. My friend was advising using a type of vinyl with a mix of other sewing techniques that are beyond me to replicate the mechanical-organ/Terminator-type of look that Nue has. I'm going to try both SSP's Ed-esque arm process for Nue and a craft-foam only version for the claws, and see what goes better.

As for Lind, cause I want to cosplay him to, I think his costume is entirely blue. I'm basing this off of - http://www.onemanga.com/Air_Gear/193/013-014/ WARNING, SPOILER-TACULOR.

The pants and shirt have the same tint to them, and they same to be either dark gray, or more likely, blue, as the color used by Oh!great is the same as the hair hue.
i was thinking the same thing, either a blue or a grey, dark grey. but just our luck its dayglow orange XD
~aoi
Unread 02-25-2008, 08:46 PM   #23
rosabella
Avert not Thine Eyes

Quote:
Originally Posted by CloakedSchemer View Post
I can't wait to see the progress pics on these Especially a Nue!!

and not a problem guys, just figured a thread like this could help out a lot of people
O Kaito-nii!! We better get pictures together at MTAC!!

A19Riku-OMG!! I love you forever and ever for making my regalia for me!!!!
Whenever it comes, whatever the future holds for each one of us, we can always go back to these days and look back fondly. Even if we are far apart, we can dream of this one moment in time we spent together.
rosabella is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-25-2008, 09:23 PM   #24
Elendriel
God of Mischief

Quote:
Originally Posted by rosabella View Post
O Kaito-nii!! We better get pictures together at MTAC!!!!!!
Oh we WILL don't you worry

and I should have my cage by then :P

*Planned cons for 12*
WW Chicago, TVD NJ, Dragon*Con, AWA, NYCC, Chicago TARDIS, Youmacon, TVD Orlando
Unread 02-25-2008, 09:26 PM   #25
rosabella
Avert not Thine Eyes

Quote:
Originally Posted by CloakedSchemer View Post
Oh we WILL don't you worry

and I should have my cage by then :P
OMFG!!! You're making the CAGE!!!!
Whenever it comes, whatever the future holds for each one of us, we can always go back to these days and look back fondly. Even if we are far apart, we can dream of this one moment in time we spent together.
Unread 02-25-2008, 09:37 PM   #26
TybaltFlux
FORCE-CHOKE

A CAGE!? You win, Cloaked, you win.

P.S. Rosabella, I had an amazing time with Kanon, thankies for taking up the shirt request again! TTT represent!
Unread 02-25-2008, 09:51 PM   #27
Elendriel
God of Mischief

HAHA yes yes I am

I'm going to make it collaspable so I can carry it around easily (I don't want something bulky that ppl would run into) but it will be big enough for one person to sit *cough* Agito/Akito *cough*

mwaha

*Planned cons for 12*
Unread 02-25-2008, 09:53 PM   #28
rosabella
Avert not Thine Eyes

Glad you liked it ^^
Unread 02-25-2008, 11:06 PM   #29
Elendriel
God of Mischief

WHAAAAAAA I want more anime >.<

At least I'm a good chunk of the way into the manga, but I still love seeing it anime-style, the AT battles are more exciting that way

*Planned cons for 12*
Unread 02-25-2008, 11:14 PM   #30
SSPrincess
Miscellaneously Myself

Quote:
Originally Posted by A19Riku View Post
after those 2 I think in the summer sometime im going to make yet another ringo so I can make the thorn regalia .
Pardon me for faiiiiling, but what does the thorn regalia look like? Somehow I've never seen it...0.0
'Be thou for the people' apparently means that you have to sit on the ground in 82 degree weather trying to transmute Sasuke, money, sandwiches, weapons, the Deathnote, and a number of other things. XD
SSPrincess is offline   Reply With Quote