Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Video Games > Pokemon

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 02-27-2008, 09:14 PM   #1
.em.

Exclamation Pokemon Trainer Costume

I need help with/advice for my costume for an upcoming Anime convention. I've never been to one before, and I haven't cosplayed, so I'm really excited! I plan on being a Pokemon Trainer--not anyone specific, just a general Poke-lass.

Here's what I have:
  • A pokeball (it has a little Pachirisu that pops out when you throw it, lol)
  • A stuffed Pikachu
  • A plan for making badges. I plan on making the badges out of felt, based on the Gyms in the first Pokemon games (as those were the only ones I ever completed. ^_^)

Here's what I need:
  • A vest (so many wear them in Pokemon)! I plan on wearing a (black) vest over a plain-white long-sleeved t-shirt, and putting the badges on the front of the vest. I'm going to go look for one at a thrift store this weekend. Perhaps an old suit vest would work....
  • A plain red/white trucker-type hat. I'm not quite sure where to get this from, so any tips would be appreciated. I tried Wal-Mart, but I didn't see any. If I can't find one, I'll probably just get a plain white beanie. I want to put a Poke ball design on the front (of either of these). Any advice on that? For the hat I could make something using iron-on paper, and for the beanie I could try felt again, or stitching the whole thing. (0.0)

Advice I need (other than what was mentioned above):
  • How I could possibly make myself (face, etc) look more Anime-ish. I plan on putting gel in my hair so its poky, and drawing light freckles on my face. I've seen that people who have dressed up as Ash had drawn zig-zag lines on their faces (like he has).
  • Any other advice you could offer, for either the costume or makeup!

Thank you very much!! <3

-ps: The event is March 15! I don't have much time, lol.

(i hope this is the right place to post this! if not, I apologize!)
.em. is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 02-27-2008, 09:32 PM   #2
LiL_Hikari
Konnichiwa!

Well for the first Q about how you can make yourself look more anime-ish, you can put mascara on the top eyelashes and then on the bottom eyelashes just a bit on the sides like I.M. Delilah did in this picture. But probably not as thick.
LiL_Hikari is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-27-2008, 09:35 PM   #3
trupnoi_25
not perfect

you can't leave home without a pokedex lol
trupnoi_25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-27-2008, 09:43 PM   #4
LiL_Hikari
Konnichiwa!

Quote:
Originally Posted by trupnoi_25 View Post
TRUE! The newest ones are like $30 dollars though. I dunno, if you want to get one, here's a link.
Unread 02-28-2008, 11:14 AM   #5
.em.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiL_Hikari View Post
Well for the first Q about how you can make yourself look more anime-ish, you can put mascara on the top eyelashes and then on the bottom eyelashes just a bit on the sides like I.M. Delilah did in this picture. But probably not as thick.

^oh, thanks! I've actually seen something like this before, a year or so ago. (it wasn't quite like that though)

-note: i wear glasses, if that makes a difference in any way.

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by trupnoi_25
TRUE! The newest ones are like $30 dollars though. I dunno, if you want to get one, here's a link.
I saw those at Wal-Mart. Not sure I want to pay that much--I think I'll just use my DS as a substitue.

One thing I do need help with is the outfit, and making it obvious that I am a Pokemon trainer. Any advice is greatly appreciated!

Thank you! ^_____^
Unread 02-28-2008, 04:42 PM   #6
Idle_Time

pokemon symbols attached to your outfit will go along way. similar to the ones dawn and ash wear. go to this site for ideas on how to get them attached to your outfit as well as some advice on makeing the outfit 0.o http://www.threadbanger.com/ check out the first vid and then scroll though the episodes pages and find something you like. =3
Idle_Time is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-28-2008, 06:14 PM   #7
LiL_Hikari
Konnichiwa!

Quote:
Originally Posted by .em. View Post
^oh, thanks! I've actually seen something like this before, a year or so ago. (it wasn't quite like that though)

-note: i wear glasses, if that makes a difference in any way.

I saw those at Wal-Mart. Not sure I want to pay that much--I think I'll just use my DS as a substitue.

One thing I do need help with is the outfit, and making it obvious that I am a Pokemon trainer. Any advice is greatly appreciated!

Thank you! ^_____^
Well if you're eyelashes are really long then the mascara might rub on your glasses which won't be good. I think someone already mentioned this but you can make badges and pin them to your shirt. Here are some pokemon badge references:

http://images.etsy.com/all_images/1/...xN.7912079.jpg
http://content.answers.com/main/cont...noh_Badges.png
http://photobucket.com/mediadetail/?...pageOffset =6
Unread 02-28-2008, 06:51 PM   #8
.em.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Idle_Time View Post
pokemon symbols attached to your outfit will go along way. similar to the ones dawn and ash wear. go to this site for ideas on how to get them attached to your outfit as well as some advice on makeing the outfit 0.o http://www.threadbanger.com/ check out the first vid and then scroll though the episodes pages and find something you like. =3
Thanks! That's a really neat site!

Quote:
Well if you're eyelashes are really long then the mascara might rub on your glasses which won't be good. I think someone already mentioned this but you can make badges and pin them to your shirt. Here are some pokemon badge references:
I think I mentioned the badges, lol! ^__^ I planned on making them out of felt & such. Thank you for the links!

I think I've changed my mind a bit...I might try to be a Pokemon Breeder instead. I have most of the outfit already (the shorts and shirt), and I think it would be a lot more obvious than my former idea. I just need to get an apron and bandanna (which shouldn't be too tough).

Thank you for your help!