Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Other Costumes

Unread 02-29-2008, 10:51 PM   #1
EastCoastKing

The Dark Tower

I've recently become a fan of Stephen King's The Dark Tower trilogy. I am currently working on The Wizard and the Glass. I have come to enjoy the diverse cast of characters, the seemingly endless landscape of Mid-World. And of course, the all encompassing Tower itself. And with a film or television adaptation of this story apparently in the works by none other than JJ Abrams, I am pretty sure we will start seeing some cosplay from this series soon.

The most obvious character to cosplay is Roland Deschain himself. Followed perhaps by Walter O'Dim, the Man in Black. But I find there are plenty of other characters that would make great costumes. Roland's teacher Cort, for example. The Tick Tock Man. And of course, there are the interpretations from The Gunslinger Born series from Marvel Comics. I would love to make a costume of their version of John Farson.

I encourage my fellow cosplayers to read these books. They are head and shoulders above Stephen King's usual work. And I assure you, after reading The Wastelands, you will never be able to ride on a subway or train again without thinking of Blaine the Mono, and hearing him declare "Cast your nets wanderers, try me with your questions and let the contest begin!"

Unread 03-01-2008, 11:30 PM   #2
Asmeone

Hells yes!

I would love to cosplay this, except that I think no one else would recognize it. There isn't a lot of imagery to go with it as of yet.
Asmeone is offline   Reply With Quote