Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Construction > Makeup and Eye Contacts

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 03-04-2008, 08:26 AM   #1
shaowebb
Never Give Up

How do I change my skin color entirely?

It's been awhile since I posted or made a topic here what with college and all but as the semester draws closer to the end I find that I am starting to try to settle upon a new cosplay to attempt.

This led me to make this topic. Ill admit that the things I know, I KNOW. But the things I dont know about...well I REALLY dont know about. One of these is makeup. I try but I know when its time to study up.

Here is the problem. I am considering doing The Dark Prince from Prince of Persia The Two Thrones for a cosplay. I have figured out ways to change eye color, make my body produce a sandy smoke, how to glow, etc.
But sadly Im having trouble with body color.

The Dark Prince's skin is a dark almost pitch black. I have considered liquid latex but have already ruled it out due to how rubbery and wet it looks. I also have ruled out a sheer body suit dyed black due to getting runs and overall fragility.

This leaves me with literally painting or dye-ing my skin. Now in the past with body coloring to become tan I have found that I , as I grew hot or become moist in any manner, would smear makeup on items and clothing.

I wish to dye or paint my skin with cosmetics without having to worry a lot about rubbing off makeup on con goers or vendor wares by accident.

A dye job sounds in order for this but I really dont know about safety nor about removal procedure for body dyeing so I implore the advice of you the dedicated cosplay cosmetologists. How can I turn my skin black safely?

Reference
http://xboxmedia.ign.com/xbox/image/...0053911094.jpg

Unread 03-04-2008, 05:10 PM   #2
totemo_oishii

I'm not an expert at this but...

There's always Kryolan Aquacolor foundation - it does a really good job of changing your skin a whole different color. To prevent it from smearing, there's fixer you can spray on it. There's also a special cleanser to get it off later. There's a picture in my gallery of me using Kryolan in blue.
Unread 03-04-2008, 09:04 PM   #3
Ani_BEE
Black Magic Woman

Here are a few topics you should read first.
http://www.cosplay.com/showthread.php?t=104912
http://www.cosplay.com/showthread.php?t=117136

FanEXPO
Wearing random Arda Wigs.
Madeline Hatter ~ Ever After High (Sat)

Future cosplays/cons:
Anime North, (maybe) Otakuthon, FanEXPO '15
Nehelenia
Allen Crown Clown
Sakizo Anniversary
Steampunk - Bride

For Sale
My Wigs • Mascot, Costumes (Humanity has Declined) & D.Gray-man Poker Cards • Zori&Tabi from Japan

Arda & Shop.cosplay wig fiber swatch comparisons & Cosplay props tutorials and Makeup revies!
Ani_BEE is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-05-2008, 10:09 AM   #4
shaowebb
Never Give Up

Ah. It would seem verdatum has the answer yet again for me. Looks like Ill be trying out Alcohol Activated makeup for this one since it can even hold underwater. Thank you for those links.