Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Anime/Manga > Ouran High School Host Club

Unread 03-10-2008, 05:04 PM   #1
divine_fanaticy

pale yellow socks

i need solid pale yellow knee-high socks for renge from ouran high school host club. i'd like to have some with a thin green stripe around the top, but i doubt that can be helped. many places have gold sport socks, but not yellow. we love colors has yellow socks, but they are bright yellow, not pale yellow. sock dreams does not have any solid yellow socks. please let me know if you know someplace where you have purchased pale yellow knee-high socks. thanks. ^_^
divine_fanaticy is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 03-10-2008, 05:44 PM   #2
WiredKittie
World of Kitty Chaos

try Target! and then sew a green ribbon on?!
WiredKittie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-10-2008, 09:25 PM   #3
Immortalbeloved
Important:I have a Tower

Well you can get cheap white knee socks and do a very tiny amount of yellow dye and 'tie dye' it(this is my answer for a lot because it woorrrrks XD) untill you get the yellow effect you want. You can goto a fabric store and by a round of green fabric too X] if you cant sew them on heck you can hot glue them on.
Unread 03-11-2008, 03:01 PM   #4
Pocketfightr
Merc who grants wishes

sockdreams.com probably has it. They have socks in all sorts of lengths, colors and patterns. (They saved my butt a couple times with the weird socks I've needed.)
Nene (Bubblegum Crisis) -eventually?

2014 Cons:
Detour
Acen
Dragon*Con
Nebraskon
Pocketfightr is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-11-2008, 08:19 PM   #5
divine_fanaticy

@ Wiredkitty: i will try target, since i need a shirt from there as well. i didn't think they'd be likely to have yellow since it's not a color i've seen before, but occasionally they have something off-beat. (like my pretty blue socks - it's a blue i don't think i've seen in any clothing before; now i can't match it!)

@ Immortalbeloved: i'd prefer not to try that again, since i tried yellow dye on sock knit for a wristband, too and it came out orange. obviously i had it in too long. i've never gotten dye to work quite like i want it to. =P but thank you.

@ Pocketfightr: in the first post, i stated that i already looked at sock dreams. sorry. but they are great. there's a pair i want, not for cosplay. =)

@all: i have the matching green fabric already, since it makes up the bulk of the costume. i believe i will sew it on. thanks.
divine_fanaticy is offline   Reply With Quote