Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Construction > Wigs and Hair

Unread 03-11-2008, 05:18 PM   #1
kitty08b

misa amane wig color?

I wanted to cosplay as Misa Amane from Death Note . . and I found a wig I think would work. It's this one - http://www.amphigory.com/wigs_sindi.html

I want the wig to be a lighter to normal blonde color, and the colors I like are...

Afternoon Delight #24
Bubbly #22
Honey Sweet #16
Afterglow #24B

I can't decide on which one though! Which one looks the most Misa-ish?
(And would the wig work for her, too?)

Thanks!
kitty08b is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 03-12-2008, 11:37 AM   #2
Kerodohi
No longer active

I think that Afternoon Delight #24 looks the most Misa-ish. It's a brighter blonde without being too fake, which would be perfect for her.

The wig style looks like it should work, too. I can't tell how thick the hair on the sides is, though, which might be problematic, because her pigtails sit quite high on her head. Were you planning to do extensions for her pigtails or just use the base wig hair?
Unread 03-12-2008, 01:25 PM   #3
Ghost613
Your face is a Geostigma!

Alternately, I believe that 22 is the best color for Misa. It has the same champagne blonde color of her hair. In my dealings with 24, it's a bit more dark and golden.
Ghost613 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-12-2008, 01:30 PM   #4
navigated
Derp.

Misa doesn't have bleach blonde hair, so I'm inclined to say she's either 24, or 24B. 24B might be a bit too yellow for Misa though, I'd like to see a Misa with a natural looking blonde color, rather than yellow or platinum. But that's just my preference.

navigated is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-12-2008, 05:04 PM   #5
Hydraskylar
...promise...

I was thinking of something blonder but I think the closest is #24, Afternoon Delight (somehow that makes me feel hungry). Good luck with your costume
Hydraskylar is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-13-2008, 03:15 AM   #6
kawara26
~~Llarian~~

Maybe you could try a highlighted 24 or 24B if you are afraid of it being too dark. I did Bubbly #22 for my Mello cosplay, so I'm not too inclined to say Misa would be the same color (separated at birth, whut?).. I did try the 24B/613 for my Tamaki cosplay (Ouran), and it worked out well. The highlight job is much more subtle than in the color example, trust me. I just think the Sindi would be a waste without some decent highlighting throughout to show movement.
kawara26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-13-2008, 04:56 AM   #7
wpuzzle
Dreamer Scientist~

Amane Misa has been known to have quite different shades of blonde in different mediums; if you are striving for accuracy, it depends on which Misa version you're doing.

Here are some reference pictures.
1) Generic manga version: Orange-ish blonde.
2) The popular manga illustration: VERY orange.
3) Anime version: Lighter blonde.

There are probably more versions / more blonde shades of Misa (in artbook illustrations), but those should give you some ideas for now, since they seem to be the most popular ones amongst Misa cosplayers. Hence the wig that looks more "Misa-ish" depends on whichever one of the versions that you decide to do. Some Misa cosplayers also mix-and-match (like they take the anime hair to go with a manga outfit, etc).

That's one of the advantages of picking a Misa wig - the exact blonde shade could be relatively subjective to the cosplayer, so it's most likely okay for you to pick the exact shade of your liking. Good luck!
wpuzzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-23-2008, 06:41 PM   #8
BloodAngel49

I'm going to be cosplaying as misa amane (the one from the manga with the white blouse, bow and black skirt). It's pretty much a closet cosplay, my school is having a day anime convention kinda last minute. Unfortunately I couldn't find white and black striped socks so I had to settle with red and black.

I can't really afford a good blonde wig and i look terrible blonde so my question is, I'm a ginger so my hair is a coppery colour so do you think that would work if i styled it and put it in pigtails?
BloodAngel49 is offline   Reply With Quote