Go Back   Cosplay.com > US Convention Forums > Anime USA

Unread 06-14-2003, 03:28 AM   #1
JacksUsername
Palahniuk fanatic

Anime USA website and who's going.

Hey!
here's the website for the con:
http://www.animeusa.org/index.html

so for starters, anyone planning on going? I was looking at cons for later in the year considering there's not many...Nekocon looks cool too, but considering its on the week of my b-day I might not be able to go to that one. I'm not even sure if I'll be able to go to this, it depends on my class work load, but this is probably the most likely of all the late year cons.

Anyone else planning on going, or gone to any previous ones? I'd like to know how they are, and if Nekocon would be better off.

Unread 06-14-2003, 11:43 AM   #2
Bethii-chan
Ninja-ness.

I've been to Anime USA in 2000. It's a really small convention but if you live in the area i say, why not?

I'm probably going to go this year because it's like 10 mins from my house and i know my friends will go.
Bethii-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-14-2003, 12:30 PM   #3
Sami
» star*stealing girl

I will be there Friday and Saturday. ^___^

I went last year, and it has its ups and downs.. I liked it because it was a smaller con, and it was really more "friendly" and less-rushed than a lot of other cons... it was great just to talk to people and hang out. On the downside, sometimes things get a little slow... ^^;;

But it's close enough to where I live, so I'll go! *^_^*
Sami is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-16-2003, 04:04 AM   #4
JacksUsername
Palahniuk fanatic

hmmm, so it's probably not the best con to make a trip for? I'm just wondering because if so, I'd probably just save my money and put more of it towards next years cons.
JacksUsername is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-16-2003, 08:49 AM   #5
Rosiel
The FRENCH CONNECTION
Super Moderator

> hmmm, so it's probably not the best con to make a trip for?

Definitely not. I am going because it's a stone's throw away from where I live, but it's rather small and uneventful, not the kind I con I would travel to, unless I had friends attending (which is what Katan is doing actually since I will be there).

Nekocon would be a better choice, imo.
Unread 06-21-2003, 01:32 PM   #6
rainbowflavored
rainbows taste yummy

hey sami, i'm from germantown too! im thinking about going to anime usa since i could just take the metro there, but i'm not sure...i'll probably go ^_^
rainbowflavored is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-24-2003, 07:35 PM   #7
Sami
» star*stealing girl

Wee, Germantown people unite! ^_____^ I'm just going to drive down after work on Friday and stay until Saturday.

I'm glad it's close by or else I really wouldn't go out of my way. It's pretty small, and unless you can keep yourself amused it can have it's long points of boring-ness. But it's fun! It's a lot easier to talk to random people at small cons, IMO.

sen - ti - ment - has - got - me - feelin'!
Sami is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-24-2003, 11:29 PM   #8
Neko Cathy

I'm between the border of Germantown and "Ghettosburg". I'll only go there for Friday and Saturday because what the Hell? If there's a rave and a DDR compeition then I'll stick around.
Neko Cathy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-27-2003, 11:03 AM   #9
minako chan
too old to be here...

I went last year with my bf and it was fairly entertaining. Still, I'd prefer nekocon to anime usa.
(woot! 200th post....)
minako chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-01-2003, 12:11 PM   #10
Reiko-chan
Fan of All Trades

Myself and Emiko are going to drive down, simply cuz it'll be our first con since Tekkoshocon! We live a good 6 hours away, but we love the smaller conventions.

Look for us as Gijinka Kero-chan and Gijinka Suppi-chan! ^.^
Reiko-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-03-2003, 08:32 PM   #11
rogue
Sanji Fangirl

We are 90% sure that we're going.

If we are going were probably going to wear our Baiken and Anji Mito from Guilty Gear again. And I want to try to make Ayato and Quon from Rahxephon and Juri and Ruka from Revolutionary Girl Utena. But none of that is set in stone.

I love small cons, so I'm looking forward to this convention. I never heard of it until a few months ago. It's only 3 hours away, that's really close for us.

We're bringing one of our best friends along with us, so we can split the room price. (well, that's not the only reason we're bringing him) He's not a cosplayer though, but that's okay, we still love him.
rogue is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-07-2003, 05:12 PM   #12
rogue
Sanji Fangirl

Wow, that would be awesome! Sure we'll bring Luc and Sarah.
rogue is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-10-2003, 12:48 AM   #13
darienicole

Does anyone know how many people were at last year's con? I live in NC and am coming up this year with a bunch of friends, so I was just wondering...

-SAVE AURA-
darienicole is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-10-2003, 12:15 PM   #14
jamuko
nyan nyan

Whee, I love Anime USA... ^-^ Definately small, like others said, but I really like it. I went to it three times before I ever went to another con... @_@;... Well, I'm coming again this year, and I'll probably bring my RedXIII costume! (Unless I die wearing it at Otakon... o.o; )

I don't know how many people were there... I think I knew at some point, but I never remember numbers. x_x; But in comparison, maybe... Otakon : Anime USA :: elephant : ant... ... or maybe an amoeba or something. ^^;
Unread 07-16-2003, 06:36 PM   #15
Lyn
ginga bishonen

Well, I just found out about this con today and there's a good chance I might be able to go since its only about 20 or so minutes away from me. I have no clue if I'd go to the entire thing or what cosplay I would bring to it, all depends on if a few friends of mine can go too or not. It seems pretty cheap so that's good but I might just save my money for the other cons I'm going to instead.
Lyn is offline   Reply With Quote