Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Anime/Manga

Unread 05-22-2008, 10:02 PM   #16
Robo Jing

Oh awesome I know you will make an awesome Valgaav!
Though you would have made an awesome Gourry too :P

Working on:
Bioshock- (%80)
Vanya the White Violin- (%60)

Deviant art- http://jing-chan.deviantart.com
Robo Jing is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 11-11-2011, 06:24 PM   #17
Ink
We're all mad here!

I'm going to resurrect this old, old thread (rather than making a new one).

I'm planning on a Xellos costume one of these years, and I can hopefully bully my friends into coming along as Lina and Gourry. Slayers needs more love.
And the mome raths outgrabe."
Ink is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-14-2011, 04:06 PM   #18
Hime no Toki
NiGHTmaren
Modoka Magica

I approve of this resurrection! I am currently planning 'OVA/ beginning of novels' Lina Inverse, which will hopefully be done by February for MegaCon. There's not much Slayers out there anymore, I see the stray cosplayer here and there at conventions but that's about it.

2014 - Upcoming Conventions :
Anime Weekend Atlanta (GA) - FandomCon (FL)

Upcoming costumes : Princess Garnet (coronation gown) from FFIX, Edea Lee (various costmes) from Bravely Default, and more!

http://www.facebook.com/NiGHTmarenCosplay
Hime no Toki is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-25-2011, 09:58 PM   #19
Rurounotaku

Just like bringing back Shabragnido I've been Gourry since 2007 and still refuse to retire it tho I was close to doing so last year. It's a hassle to wear, but was totally worth it when I see ppl at cons, getting all happy that someone still cosplays from this little gem of a show. My happiest moment with it was when I met the voice of Lina Inverse, Lisa Ortiz. I hoped to meet Gourry's VA at Matsuricon, but couldn't go at the last minute.
Rurounotaku is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-26-2011, 07:07 PM   #20
Hime no Toki
NiGHTmaren
Modoka Magica

I always wanted to meet Gourry's VA! I've met Lisa before, and had my Lina plushie signed by her. But Gourry's VA doesn't appear at many conventions unfortunately.

Upcoming costumes : Princess Garnet (coronation gown) from FFIX, Edea Lee (various costmes) from Bravely Default, and more!

Unread 11-27-2011, 06:43 PM   #21
Ink
We're all mad here!

My main problem with any VA is that I usually never watch (or like) the English dubbed episodes. So I never really bother to go see anyone, which is a bit of a shame, but...
Unread 11-28-2011, 11:49 AM   #22
Hime no Toki
NiGHTmaren
Modoka Magica

Slayers is one of the few I will take either way, depending on my mood. With the exception of David Moo as Xellos because that has always managed to bother me.

Unread 11-29-2011, 07:28 AM   #23
Ink
We're all mad here!

Xellos' Japanese VA is absolutely fantastic. Akira Ishida is it? He just has the loveliest voice ever (one of the reasons I adore Xellos is actually because of his voice).
Unread 01-16-2012, 04:02 PM   #24
Seven
(Neoqueenhoneybee)

I guess I'll pop in for a spell. ^^;;;

Hi Slayers fans!! I'm excited to meet other who share a love of this underrated series.

I've been working on the blue shirt artbook version of Lina for about a year now. I'm a real n00b with armor and I've been procrastinating the pouldron mounting for about...4 months. I've made half of the pieces (pants, shirt, cape, resin gems, and shirt wrap??) but I need to mount the armor and make the belts, gloves, sheath and sword in order to really complete it. Hah, also need to style the wig. :\

*sigh* I wrestle with really wanting to get it done and taking my time to do it right. I want it to be my best cosplay yet.

If you care to see my progress (armor and all) feel free to check out my facebook album. I'd love to see where you all are at in your Slayers cosplay!

As far as VAs go, Slayers is one of the few anime I can watch dubbed. Though I hate when they change VAs mid series, I'm really glad that they changed Amelia's and Zelgadis's original VAs. ^^ If Crispin Freeman ever comes to a con near PA, I'd scramble to finish my Lina in time for fun. :P

Working On:
Leen (Grandia)
Goku Nami (One Piece DBZ Crossover)
Nico Robin (One Piece Water 7)
Elesa (Pokemon B/W)

In Queue:
Mei (Pokemon B/W 2)
Panne (Fire Emblem Awakening)
Illumi (HunterxHunter)
Janice (Chrono Cross)
Mir (Ar Tonelico)
Toph (ATLA Old Friends)
Solid Snake Lolita (Beat Down Boogie)
Seven is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-16-2012, 05:58 PM   #25
Mehdia
The Corset Queen

Your armor is looking amazing! I really need to stop putting a Lina cosplay on the back burner and do it! I've been a fan of the Slayers for like 10 years or something, and have wanted to cosplay Lina since the first time I saw her. She's so great and her outfits are awesome. I bet I could convince my friend to be Amelia since she does like the series^^

I agree that the Slayers is one I can easily watch dubbed. I really love it in English, especially Lisa Ortiz, Crispin Freeman (he's so perfect as Zelgadis), and Eric Stuart. I was sad in the new series that Xellos' voice actor was changed (I LOVED his original English voice for some reason). I actually randomly felt a whim to watch Slayers last night, so this all must be telling me I need to get to work on cosplaying Lina in the near future! I need motivation to build that armor...
Mehdia is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-17-2012, 08:44 AM   #26
Seven
(Neoqueenhoneybee)

Thanks! It's my first attemt at making any armor and I'm pretty happy with where it is...well, not too happy with the paint job...but oh well. I've also been a Slayers fan since I was in high school, lol, which was about 10 years ago. (So old!)

Good luck in convincing your friend to do Amelia! I wish I had cosplay friends near me to do groups with.

Yes!! Work on your Lina and post pics!!

Working On:
Leen (Grandia)
Elesa (Pokemon B/W)

In Queue:
Mei (Pokemon B/W 2)
Illumi (HunterxHunter)
Janice (Chrono Cross)
Mir (Ar Tonelico)
Toph (ATLA Old Friends)
Unread 01-17-2012, 10:23 AM   #27
Mehdia
The Corset Queen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seven View Post
Thanks! It's my first attemt at making any armor and I'm pretty happy with where it is...well, not too happy with the paint job...but oh well. I've also been a Slayers fan since I was in high school, lol, which was about 10 years ago. (So old!)

Good luck in convincing your friend to do Amelia! I wish I had cosplay friends near me to do groups with.

Yes!! Work on your Lina and post pics!!
I was watching more Slayers last night and started figuring up about how long exactly I've been watching it, and I realized it's well on 15 years almost. I started watching it when I was about 15 or 16, and I'm about to be 29.

It really wouldn't take a lot to convince my friend to cosplay Amelia. About all I have to say is "Hey, I got a cool idea for us to cosplay together and it's from a series you like." She will probably bite quick.

I won't be able to start on a Lina costume til probably the middle of the year, but now I know there's just no more putting this off. I must cosplay her. So I will probably start on it around June. And as soon as I do, I will post pictures.
Unread 01-19-2012, 12:03 PM   #28
Seven
(Neoqueenhoneybee)

Wow, we're abot the same age! I think I started watching Slayers in high school...but my memory is really bad. I know that I started watching Sailor Moon at 12 or 13, but my memory of Slayers is a bit mor vague. Lol...age...

Which Lina outfit will you be doing?

Working On:
Leen (Grandia)
Elesa (Pokemon B/W)

In Queue:
Mei (Pokemon B/W 2)
Illumi (HunterxHunter)
Janice (Chrono Cross)
Mir (Ar Tonelico)
Toph (ATLA Old Friends)
Unread 01-20-2012, 08:23 PM   #29
Mehdia
The Corset Queen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seven View Post
Wow, we're abot the same age! I think I started watching Slayers in high school...but my memory is really bad. I know that I started watching Sailor Moon at 12 or 13, but my memory of Slayers is a bit mor vague. Lol...age...

Which Lina outfit will you be doing?
I was re-watching Slayers Try this week and added up that I have been watching it for about exactly 15 years now...it really does make you feel old! I started watching Sailor Moon at about the same age you did as well. But is it bad that I watched Slayers so much in the past that I can pretty much quote most of the lines in the major series? And that I can say the entire incantation for the Dragon Slave without anything to reference?

When I cosplay Lina I'm thinking I'm going to do her outfit that she wore from the Slayers all the way through Evolution-R. That's always been my favorite and the most recognized as Lina, and it just would be fun to do^^
Unread 01-25-2012, 12:19 PM   #30
Seven
(Neoqueenhoneybee)

Can't wait to see your Lina cosplay! Now I'm getting back into where I left off last; making the belts. *sigh* I need to improve my leather working skills... But then I need to make the sword and I'm kinda excited about that! Hopefully I'll be confident enough to make the leather sheath. >:}

Slayers Try was, well, painful for me to watch. Slayers and Slayers Next will always be my favorite. I wish they'd just finish translating all of the novels so I can read what the author really intended for Lina and gang. Plus I'm interested in some of the characters that never made it into the animate series. (Though, I could not finish watching the new Slayers...so maybe they make an appearance in that.)

Oh, side note, have you ever read the fan webcomic Slayers Hamlet? Any Slayers fan would just die of laughter; it was really well done.

Working On:
Leen (Grandia)
Elesa (Pokemon B/W)

In Queue:
Mei (Pokemon B/W 2)
Illumi (HunterxHunter)
Janice (Chrono Cross)
Mir (Ar Tonelico)
Toph (ATLA Old Friends)