Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Anime/Manga

Unread 03-20-2008, 12:27 PM   #1
akamaru494
LIL-RED

Exclamation patterns! Help?!

hi, Im new to making cosplay costumes. I haven't made one yet but im going to make akamaru! I need help finding patterns for it Ive looked quite a bit but didn't find anything! I'm pretty small so I don't if that will make a difference!

please post your opinions!!

Tobi's a GOOD BOY!
akamaru494 is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 03-20-2008, 12:52 PM   #2
Annie-Mei

if you're talking about a "mascot" type costume (that means you'l actually dress up as akamaru) you wont find any. Anyone who makes those type of costumes, do it on their own with a pattern they worked out themselves.

I suggest starting with a commercial pattern and modify it:
http://www.mccallpattern.com/item/M8...ostumes&page=7
Annie-Mei is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-20-2008, 01:02 PM   #3
ANBU101
The Anbu Kakashi

im trying to find a pattern to work with for Shinomori Aoshi's coat.if anyone has any suggestions it would help alot.
boba fett(beskar plate)-star wars legacy / jason solo(darth caedus)-star wars legacy / Archer-fate stay night / Futch,albert silverberg-Suikoden 3 / lelouch(zero)-code geass / testament-guilty gear / Reita(filth in the beauty,cassis,and hyena)-gazettE /
ANBU101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-20-2008, 01:16 PM   #4
akamaru494
LIL-RED

So theres not any patterns for mascots.
akamaru494 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-20-2008, 05:15 PM   #5
CezzaXV
OOOH! SHOCK TREATMENT!

I could be wrong, but to me it sounds like you're inexperienced in making costumes. If this is the case, you might seriously want to reconsider and make an easier costume. I have a fair amount of costume experience, but I still wouldnt attempt a mascot type costume.

Note - I'm assuming that Akumaru is that thing in your avatar. Not everyone knows who Akumaru is. In the future, please post a reference picture for everyone to see. It will make it alot easier for everyone else to help you.
Unread 03-20-2008, 05:43 PM   #6
KittyCanuck
Ph.D. in Horribleness

Quote:
Originally Posted by akamaru494 View Post
So theres not any patterns for mascots.
No, sorry.
The same could be said for 99% of cosplay costumes - there are no patterns available. Most people take commercial patterns and alter them to look like anime costumes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CezzaXV View Post
it sounds like you're inexperienced in making costumes. If this is the case, you might seriously want to reconsider and make an easier costume. I have a fair amount of costume experience, but I still wouldnt attempt a mascot type costume.

Note - I'm assuming that Akumaru is that thing in your avatar. Not everyone knows who Akumaru is. In the future, please post a reference picture for everyone to see. It will make it alot easier for everyone else to help you.
I agree with this. Mascot style costumes are difficult, especially because you can't just alter a commercial pattern to make a head or something.
If you are truly interested in making a mascot costume, I suggest practising your basic skills (sewing, pattern making, foam carving, etc) and checking out the memories of this LiveJournal community: http://community.livejournal.com/fursuit/profile

Reference photos do help a lot, so other people know exactly what you're trying to make. ^_^

<---- I'm the dinosaur, not the dude.
KittyCanuck is offline   Reply With Quote