Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Construction > Wigs and Hair

Unread 03-21-2008, 10:47 AM   #1
rainbow_dancer
cute :3 kawaii !!!

blending the extensions in?

i hope this questions makes sence to someone ^^ but this must happen all the time so i'm not the only one...

so. i have a wig and bought extensions...but they are more shiney than my wig and with the flash on they stand out like a sore thumb.
any way i can fix the extensions? or fix my wig?

flash

no flash

Anime Detour: Rena.hack// ::::: Acen: anthy himemiya from revolutionary girl utena::: Acen:: Nico// love live.
rainbow_dancer is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 03-21-2008, 09:23 PM   #2
lunaladyoflight
Glitter Addict

I have a winning option for you. Don't take pictures with the flash. Your extensions will dull with wear and if you keep conditioning the front of the wig no one will notice. Shine isn't something to be ashamed of at all. And it's fine if they don't match perfectly. It's quite possible they're different fibers.

I hate it when people use the flash on me anyways, it highlights how deathly pale I am and gives me demon eyes. And if someone is talking your picture, don't let them take a picture of the back of you! It's just good courtesy but some people are foreign to courtesy.

If the shine is an honest-to-God HUGE deal for you, then just spray the extensions with some wig spray (not hairspray) once you install them. It should bring down the shine a bit.

~Luna
lunaladyoflight is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-21-2008, 10:29 PM   #3
Admin
Administrator
Not Jackie Chan

If that is a New Look or Sepia wig, drop me an email at sales@cosworx.com and I'll see if we have any extra wigs lying around that we can give you the hair from for extensions. From the photo it looks like a color 144 wig and we have a Cher wig in 144 that we used for a sample photo once and can't sell. Just pay us for the shipping (like $5) and I'll clip some of the hair off for you to use as extension material.
Admin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-22-2008, 06:12 PM   #4
rainbow_dancer
cute :3 kawaii !!!

thanks both of you. ^^ the extensions are perfect without the flash. and when i bought them ~or friend bought for me~ they looked perfect but when they arrived they were you know. thanks for the advice luna. ^^ i think i'll post a sign on my back that says "no flash photography" XD and paint some blood on me and be "the sailor moon vampire". XD thanks!!

and admin i'll take you up on your offer. ^^ i sent you an email. its the new look in 144 angela 750(i'm quite proud) and i just got it 3 days ago. XD

Anime Detour: Rena.hack// ::::: Acen: anthy himemiya from revolutionary girl utena::: Acen:: Nico// love live.
rainbow_dancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-23-2008, 12:07 AM   #5
lunaladyoflight
Glitter Addict

hehe no flash = not chargin' teh lazerz
lunaladyoflight is offline   Reply With Quote