Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Video Games > Pokemon

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 202 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 05-20-2011, 09:36 PM   #3031
LullabyeLaura

Thanks for the reply!

Yeah, as of now, it's a brown that I think would go well for Teddiursa. It's pretty long right now to, so I won't run out of hair for buns >.< I was just thinking about a wig because I do like dying my hair red, and I've been tempted lately to chop a lot of it off xD That, and I sometimes have trouble getting my hair into those precious buns like in the picture >.<

And awesome, it's so great that you finished it! It looks great :3
LullabyeLaura is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 05-20-2011, 09:39 PM   #3032
LullabyeLaura

Ah, and I forgot something! What should I do about the crescent moon on the head? xD Like, I've seen some people attach it with just a head band. Has anyone else ever cosplayed Teddiursa, or had a similar problem with their cosplay?
Unread 05-20-2011, 10:23 PM   #3033
solstis
Cat-dragon , Cosplayer

thanks ^///^

How about a hair clip? one or two of those on it and you can put it anywhere :3
... And to answer that question "Yes I live here and have nothing better to do "
Next Convention: Otakon

Thursday Peach Maki
Friday AM -Noibat PM- Peach Maki --
Saturday AM Luna (Sailor moon) Human PM - Human luna Maid version
SATURDAY August 9th is international Casual Lolita Day!
Sunday Casual Lolita

postponed WIP
Makoto - Street Fighter
Felicia - darkstalkers yes I want to try again
solstis is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-20-2011, 10:35 PM   #3034
~H~
Original H

LLaura: Not to take anything away from what solstis is saying, but I'm a fan of wigs and would recommend using one. You could get an inexpensive short brown wig, and then use a pair of bun hairpieces or short pigtails to create the "ears". No expensive commissioning necessary, and if you ever want to wear the costume again then you won't have to worry about cutting/dying your hair in the future. As an added bonus, the moon shape could easily be safety-pinned onto your wig (making it less likely to slip away).

As for the "dress", it reminds me a lot of the oldschool housecoats. If you can find the right kind of housecoat pattern you might not even need to make any alterations ^_-.
~H~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-21-2011, 11:41 AM   #3035
LullabyeLaura

~H~: No, I appreciate your opinion! I asked on this thread because I know that everyone has a different opinion, and I wanted to hear them

I have pretty much no experience in styling wigs whatsoever xD Do they sell bun hair pieces, or should I attempt to make them? Instead of wrapped hair buns, I was thinking of something that looked more like the foam core ones. I just like how the foam core buns look smoother, and I can't get that effect on my real hair xD That, and if I use a wig I can just pull my hair up and pop the wig on ^_^ That's my favorite thing about wigs; I don't have to worry about fixing my hair xD
Unread 05-21-2011, 03:55 PM   #3036
solstis
Cat-dragon , Cosplayer

Wigs always feel like a Hat to me XD there always space left over T_T
I have seen how to make the foam core buns with extension hair AND there is a way to make the "perfect bun'' with a sock :3 both ways could be used o n a wig of course. but not all wigs have a make that yo ucan just put in in a ponytail without the netting showing
... And to answer that question "Yes I live here and have nothing better to do "
Next Convention: Otakon

Thursday Peach Maki
Friday AM -Noibat PM- Peach Maki --
Saturday AM Luna (Sailor moon) Human PM - Human luna Maid version
SATURDAY August 9th is international Casual Lolita Day!
Sunday Casual Lolita

postponed WIP
Makoto - Street Fighter
Felicia - darkstalkers yes I want to try again
solstis is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-21-2011, 05:42 PM   #3037
LullabyeLaura

Yeah, I'm mostly worried about netting showing. I'm definitely not a wig maker by any means, so adding wefts to keep the netting from showing isn't gonna happen for me xD Although, I was messing with the idea that ~H~ mentioned, getting a short wig and adding the hair buns. I know now that to add the buns you need to stub ponytails on the wig, but if I got a short wig, I wouldn't be able to make ponytails xD

Gah, I think I might just be overthinking xDDD
Unread 05-22-2011, 12:09 AM   #3038
~H~
Original H

@LL: No need to stub. Most bun hairpieces clip on (like barrettes) and/or could be safety pinned to your base wig ^_-. Check eBay for some examples:

http://shop.ebay.com/i.html?_trkparm...&_sop=15&_sc=1

Last edited by ~H~ : 05-22-2011 at 12:13 AM.
Unread 05-22-2011, 12:18 AM   #3039
LullabyeLaura

Okay, awesome, thanks! Now, to choose which wig and bun style, and try to make sure they match color wise xD Oh, also, I was wondering if I should go for medium sized buns or large? I don't want the small sizes because I just love giant hair buns xD They're part of the reason why I chose Teddiursa xD and If I wanted small ones, I would just use my own hair, haha.

Wooh, there are so many small decisions to make xD Size, color, style xD It's ridiculous xD Good thing it's fun!

Last edited by LullabyeLaura : 05-22-2011 at 12:20 AM.
Unread 05-22-2011, 01:40 AM   #3040
Narnian
Secret Ninja Princess

I wanted to share a few progress and preview pictures of a couple gijinkas I'm working on. The first one is Latias. I based it off an original design of mine, but it's still in the beginning stages. The second one is Charizard. It's mostly a closet cosplay though I specifically bought the shoes and skirt for the cosplay. I apologize for the poor quality photos. I wasn't able to use my dress form as a model since it wouldn't have portrayed the desired effect of the cosplays well. Also, I didn't realize how dirty the mirror was until after I had taken all the photos and returned the borrowed camera.
Natsu (SCV)/Christa (AoT)/Tsubaki (SE)

~Con Plans~
Sakura-con 2014/Fanime 2014

Cosplay reference photos. Please do not hotlink.
Narnian is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-22-2011, 01:54 AM   #3041
~H~
Original H

@narnian: I love your take on Latias so far, and the Charizard outfit looks almost delicate (very different from the majority of Charizards out there, but also very beautiful). Looking forward to seeing more of both!
Unread 05-22-2011, 02:09 AM   #3042
Narnian
Secret Ninja Princess

@H - Thank you! I was originally planning to have the Charizard cosplay be Moltres, but the design didn't seem to fit. When I showed the cosplay to a friend of mine he commented that it looked more like Charmander than Moltres, but I didn't see it so I looked at the cosplay again and Charizard just seemed to fit. I'm rather fond of it now since the Charmanderian evolution was one of my favorite sets as a child.

~Con Plans~

Unread 05-22-2011, 10:49 AM   #3043
LullabyeLaura

@Narnian: Ooh, those are gonna be great when you're finished! I really like the dress for Latias, and the Charizard outfit seems more feminine than most Charizard cosplays (which makes sense, considering you're a girl, haha). I really like how it's flowy, kinda reminds me of flames Are you gonna do anything wing-wise?
Unread 05-23-2011, 05:00 PM   #3044
Narnian
Secret Ninja Princess

@Laura - Thank you! To be honest, I totally forgot about Charizard's wigs until you mentioned it. The more I think about it. The more I think the outfit would work better for Moltres mostly because I'm out of money for cosplaying for a month or two. I was really hoping to get a flame like look so I'm glad you said it looks like flames. That makes me very happy.

~Con Plans~

Unread 05-23-2011, 11:13 PM   #3045
~H~
Original H

Quote:
Originally Posted by Narnian View Post
@Laura - Thank you! To be honest, I totally forgot about Charizard's wigs until you mentioned it. The more I think about it. The more I think the outfit would work better for Moltres mostly because I'm out of money for cosplaying for a month or two. I was really hoping to get a flame like look so I'm glad you said it looks like flames. That makes me very happy.
I don't know if you're open to suggestions in regards to the outfit....but if so I vote for Torchic ^_-. I don't think it would take much to turn it into a Torchic gijinka (and that little poke-bird is darn cute).