Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Video Games > Pokemon

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 185 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 07-18-2012, 11:10 PM   #3181
Chasemycat

Im going to Dragon*Con dressed as Cubone, any other Georgian Pokemon want to meet up?
Chasemycat is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 07-20-2012, 11:09 PM   #3182
Illusionfox423

My girlfriend and I are looking to do a gijinka cosplay together. We are considering doing a Zorua and Zoroark or two Zorua's (one shiny, one normal). I would prefer to do a Zoroark myself however the long wig concerns me. Does anyone have any ideas on how to manage the wig or avoid a long wig yet still be recognizable?
Illusionfox423 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-21-2012, 09:10 AM   #3183
~H~
Original H

Quote:
Originally Posted by Illusionfox423 View Post
My girlfriend and I are looking to do a gijinka cosplay together. We are considering doing a Zorua and Zoroark or two Zorua's (one shiny, one normal). I would prefer to do a Zoroark myself however the long wig concerns me. Does anyone have any ideas on how to manage the wig or avoid a long wig yet still be recognizable?
Perhaps you could fashion a scarf with a 'tail' that would hang down your back. Or possibly some sort of headdress that would accomplish the same effect. Another idea is to buy a couple of wigs, and put them together (maybe at the blue band area).
~H~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-21-2012, 11:37 AM   #3184
Illusionfox423

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~H~ View Post
Perhaps you could fashion a scarf with a 'tail' that would hang down your back. Or possibly some sort of headdress that would accomplish the same effect. Another idea is to buy a couple of wigs, and put them together (maybe at the blue band area).

Thank you for the ideas. I will definitely look into those ideas. I was thinking if i do a shorter wig with maybe ripped scarf around the neck or a jacket/cape that had the coloration and pattern to resemble it but with that i figured the "tail" portion would be lost.
Illusionfox423 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-22-2012, 10:01 PM   #3185
Shana05
Annie Leonhardt Lover

I got my mom to cut the bangs on my wig and I wore Deerling to Tokyo in Tulsa. Here's my favorite photo from the weekend in that cosplay. The turnout to the Pokemon photo shoot was very small. Venusaur and I were the only grass types there.

Anime NebrasKon: Jane Porter (Disney's Tarzan) - Haruka Nanase (Free! Iwatobi Swim Club) - Chinese!Sakura Kinomoto (Card Captor Sakura) - Lapras (Pokemon Gijinka) - Annie Leonhardt (Attack on Titan)
Shana05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-23-2012, 01:10 AM   #3186
~H~
Original H

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shana05 View Post
I got my mom to cut the bangs on my wig and I wore Deerling to Tokyo in Tulsa. Here's my favorite photo from the weekend in that cosplay. The turnout to the Pokemon photo shoot was very small. Venusaur and I were the only grass types there.
Your costumes look so pretty together!
Unread 07-28-2012, 10:29 PM   #3187
Shana05
Annie Leonhardt Lover

My Articuno wig arrived yesterday. I was going to get photos then but then I realized I didn't have any shoes. I thought I still owned a pair of silver heels that I hadn't worn in years but apparently I got rid of them and forgot. So I bought a new pair and I love them. I uploaded some photos in my gallery. I will need to do some touch up painting on my mask though. It's probably hard to see in the photos but I'm wearing a snowflake necklace and earrings.

One of my friends is hosting the Pokemon panel at Motaku and I'm wearing Articuno for it. I don't think I'll be bringing Pikachu for this con as I want to get a new wig. I'm planning to get the same wig I have for Deerling in blonde.

Anime NebrasKon: Jane Porter (Disney's Tarzan) - Haruka Nanase (Free! Iwatobi Swim Club) - Chinese!Sakura Kinomoto (Card Captor Sakura) - Lapras (Pokemon Gijinka) - Annie Leonhardt (Attack on Titan)
Shana05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-07-2012, 07:49 PM   #3188
Fish-and-Chips-Yum
Look! A hidden puzzle!

My 2013 cosplay plans include doing a male Luxio. I want to do this version, except I want the tail to be attached to the pants, and not a part of the wig. If I'm lucky, I'll have it before Aki Con 2013. If I'm VERY lucky, I'll have it for Sakura Con 2013. ^^

I'm also in the process of plannin my Gothorita cosplay, which will also hopefully be for next year. This is the design I want to use. I had a gothorita gijinka on a Pokemon RP site I used to go on, and that was her "faceclaim". XD

+See Costume List for Completed Projects+

+In-Progress+
+Rarity+ MLP:FiM ~100%~ Just finished!
+Matryoshka!America+ Hetalia ~20%~ Designing the Hoodie!

+2013 Plans+
+Gala!Rarity+ MLP:FiM
+Ciel Phantomhive (Vol. 6 Outfit)+ Black Butler
+Hatsune Miku (Snow Version 2013)+ Vocaloid
+Umbreon+ Pokemon

+Conventions Planned for 2013+
Sakura Con 2013 ~ 65% Likely
Everfree 2013 ~ 30% Likely
Kumori Con 2013 ~ 40% Likely
Aki Con 2013 ~ 100% Likely

Last edited by Fish-and-Chips-Yum : 08-07-2012 at 07:55 PM.
Fish-and-Chips-Yum is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-29-2012, 12:39 PM   #3189
LordTyger

I'm a bigger guy (5'11", 285 lb) and I'm not pleased to say it's not muscular, I'm rather chubby. x.x; That being said, any suggestions on any awesome pokemon to cosplay as that wouldn't look horrid, and possible on a small budget? I really don't need more of a reminder of my size, so things like Snorlax and Mr. Mime are a no.

I'm in love with a lot of the dark-types (especially Absol) and Ninetales, but all the pics I've seen of those types are generally made for thinner folk.
LordTyger is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-29-2012, 05:20 PM   #3190
~H~
Original H

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordTyger View Post
I'm a bigger guy (5'11", 285 lb) and I'm not pleased to say it's not muscular, I'm rather chubby. x.x; That being said, any suggestions on any awesome pokemon to cosplay as that wouldn't look horrid, and possible on a small budget? I really don't need more of a reminder of my size, so things like Snorlax and Mr. Mime are a no.

I'm in love with a lot of the dark-types (especially Absol) and Ninetales, but all the pics I've seen of those types are generally made for thinner folk.
Personally, I'm a longtime Gengar fan ^_-. Maybe something like this would work for you:

Also, if you are interested in more suggestions you're welcome to come post in the 'Gijinka Suggestions Chain' thread: http://www.cosplay.com/showthread.php?t=236651
Unread 08-30-2012, 04:59 AM   #3191
Yavarice
Skymoose

Anyone know if the artist that did (what I believe is) the original set of gijinka has done any updates for Gen V, or is there a set of Gen V gijinka floating around out there?
I have poor creativity and rely on others for original/reimagined costume ideas >_<
Yavarice is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-30-2012, 11:37 PM   #3192
~H~
Original H

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yavarice View Post
Anyone know if the artist that did (what I believe is) the original set of gijinka has done any updates for Gen V, or is there a set of Gen V gijinka floating around out there?
I have poor creativity and rely on others for original/reimagined costume ideas >_<
Which Gen V pokemon were you hoping to get ideas for?
Unread 09-02-2012, 03:47 PM   #3193
Kiichigo

Hi there Just got pictures of my Gyarados, and I have a Bulbasaur just lying around waiting for a photographer/sunny weather (so that probably won't happen until next year). I ahve to say that Pokémon gijinkas are probably my favourite kind of costumes, so much fun and creativity unfolding in this thread
Kiichigo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-02-2012, 09:26 PM   #3194
Yavarice
Skymoose

I've been looking at Victini cause it's Fire and rather distinctive
As well as the Zebstrika, Drillbur and Sandile lines XD
Yavarice is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-10-2012, 05:27 PM   #3195
Kitsunebi-chan
Sora Kitsune Cosplay

need help with jolteon for a girl and eevee for a 7yr old boy

Current Cosplay:
Sora from kingdom hearts 2/ Rin M. from Free!! / Otoya ittokiFrom Utapri / Aoba From DMMD Hinata from Haikyuu then i got some in the works

past cosplay:
kyuubi from naruto and many others
Kitsunebi-chan is offline   Reply With Quote