Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Video Games > Pokemon

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 162 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 09-29-2008, 10:51 PM   #751
Sakurai_Atsushi
Yaoi Guy, in a girly body

*crawls back in, fresh from congoing*

xD Yuki now has a fresh list of costumes for 2009...

Yuki will now have to settle for working on Gijinka in the in between times. So Espeon is now even slower...

This makes Yuki sad.

Omg, still talking in 3rd person, I need to stop that. Shu will get a spanking for that next year DX

Okay. So, fabric. I have. that's all.
Aizenism :3?
Sakurai_Atsushi is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 09-29-2008, 11:51 PM   #752
PunkRockPanic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loravyre View Post
I was planning on bumping this, actually.

Loravyre encountered homeworkpile!
Loravyre used Rest!
The attack is ineffective.
Homeworkpile used Growth!
Homeworkpile is huge now!
Loravyre used Simply Accounting!
It's not very effective...

And that's my story. Still working on this. So, those tests do alright, at least?

And I know what you mean about work getting you down.

And black defilement, yes, pics or it didn't happen. Plus, ambiguously gendered = cool. Androgyny is hot.
FAIIIIILED the history test. that's what I get for forgetting to study ;_;
My English grade's slowly going up, now I have to save myself from failing History.
Anyways I'm STILL waiting for the stupid wig color to come out. urgh.
And I need to rework the Wa-loli designs for My Kirlia and my cousin's Jigglypuff gijinka (she wanted igglybuff, but I couldn't figure out what to do about the hair >.> )
After SacAnime Winter (given I CAN go) I'll probably start working on them. Hopefully I would have received my super late birthday present of a new digital camera from my mom.
Which equals PROGRESS PICS.
but for now I can't find the adapter for my only other camera. urghhh
My homework's eating my time too *sob* ;_;
PunkRockPanic is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-30-2008, 12:35 AM   #753
Loravyre
Time on my hands

Hope your mark turns out better. Remember, the Japanese do not say "good luck", but "do your best". Or so the saying goes. Study, study, study. I did one large section of homework. Now the pile is at a level where I can rest again.

Question, though, to keep this on-topic. One little thing that is more of a problem to males than females on this point... Wings. Skarmory has serious wings, not the little fairy kind, but thick wings (Or at least thick enough to be two tones; pink and steel.) Now, Skar has wings, too, I assume they will also be Pink-in-steel dual-coloured, but they seem to go right on top of his armour. I've been trying to sketch this out, but even made of the lightest stuff I can find, those're going to be a problem area. I mean, I'd prefer not making some sort of backless armour contraption unseen outside Hyper Police, but wings wouldn't be too secure with only a single joining point like that, would they?

Can anyone help out with schematics with this? Preferably without damaging my fragile masculinity?
"Random innocent people around you will crack open your head and suck out your brains!! You must ph34r everything and everyone! Who cares if people think you are crazy!?! You do not ph34r enough! Watch me set my pants on fire!!!" ~Largo
Cosplay status:
Skarmory gijinka: Material Gathering Stage
Hojo: 80% complete
Loravyre is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-01-2008, 06:24 PM   #754
LordXemnas
Lord of Oblivion

Ah, I /LOVE/ Gijnka. I've been drawing them forever, even helped a friend with a design for an Aerodactyl one. I myself am working on putting together a Nidoqueen one. It's not going to be OMGAMAZING! but I'm really looking forward to it <3 Any one else ever try one of the Nidos? Tips would be nice, because some of the details are eluding me. Looked a lot easier on paper x.x;;
LordXemnas is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-01-2008, 08:47 PM   #755
Sakurai_Atsushi

I have my eyes set on Nidoqueen someday, but I have to get done with 2009 and damaging my nearly non-existant ego that will be Black Lynx Ikuto.

...*grumbles about the power of adorable uke's begging you to play a certain character that will = fail on you...*

._.; I guess I have a year to work out.
Unread 10-01-2008, 09:51 PM   #756
Yoko Mizuhara

I made a goldeen gijinka for AWA a few weeks ago and my friend made the cutest wartortle. I'm just now getting the photos up. http://www.cosplay.com/gallery/128899/
Yoko Mizuhara is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-02-2008, 12:44 AM   #757
Piggynukka
Brodeo Cowgirl

I'll be jumping on the Gijinka bandwagon doing a Alakazam cosplay hopefully. Now that I actually have a job I might be able to afford my own sewing machine instead of just trying to bum using one off people I know.
I'm just hoping I can style my own hair to hers so I won't have to buy a wig. It might be possible...
Milk (Love Love Sugar)- Pop'n Music
Ramona Flowers- Scott Pilgrim vs. The World the Game

Member of TigerDick cosplay: "We are cool and ballin' dudes."
Piggynukka is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-02-2008, 01:51 PM   #758
CreepyUncleLee
CreepyUncleLee

I'm making a blastoise gijinka, but I want to have a blaster gun that shoots bubbles, I have yet to ask any con ppl if its allowed, but i'm making the costume for cosplay days out and group parties,etc. not truly for cons,so yeah

anyone know any automatic bubble guns/makers that I could modify into a plastic blaster
CreepyUncleLee is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-02-2008, 03:57 PM   #759
Sakurai_Atsushi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yoko Mizuhara View Post
I made a goldeen gijinka for AWA a few weeks ago and my friend made the cutest wartortle. I'm just now getting the photos up. http://www.cosplay.com/gallery/128899/
aww, how adorable =D
Unread 10-03-2008, 12:41 PM   #760
Loravyre
Time on my hands

Such a cute wartortle... (Must resist... can't...!)

I'd "train" that goldeen any day of the week, I just need to figure out how to catch her. Want me to help you learn Horn Drill?

She doesn't want me? Aww, well, there's many more fish in the sea.

(Resist... fin-ishing... 20... other... sexual innuendo... puns...)

Okay! Better now. (Mostly because I need to run to class.) You do look very good in the dress. I like it. But last thing to note: Blastoise-guy, have you searched google for "Bubble blower gun"? You get a few hundred different styles of battery-powered bubble-blower guns, I'm sure one of them you could edit to fit your needs.
"Random innocent people around you will crack open your head and suck out your brains!! You must ph34r everything and everyone! Who cares if people think you are crazy!?! You do not ph34r enough! Watch me set my pants on fire!!!" ~Largo
Cosplay status:
Skarmory gijinka: Material Gathering Stage
Hojo: 80% complete

Last edited by Loravyre : 10-03-2008 at 02:43 PM.
Loravyre is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-03-2008, 05:36 PM   #761
Katzerin
LODS O EMONE

I haven't gotten started on Seedot yet, but I'll be getting the fabric for it soon I hope... (main reason I haven't been posting here lately)
But I do have something I can say; after many tough decisions, I've gotten my choices down to a manageable 8. Many awesome designs were sacrificed, but at least now I can post links to the pics without my brain exploding. D:

Pidgey
Ekans
Paras
Magikarp
Larvitar
Seedot
Magnezone

What happened to Starmie? Well, it turned out it was just the artist in me wanting to design an outfit for it that could actually be worn to a con. Not that I don't like the idea of cosplaying it, I just... really wanted to DESIGN it. :/

Anyway, the 8th one I chose was Mothim, but the Japanese artist hasn't drawn that one yet, and I want to see that design before I make up my mind on him. Attached a pic for reference. :D
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 414-mothim.jpg (16.8 KB, 0 views)
Katzerin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-04-2008, 02:53 PM   #762
Chopsticks
Quincy Chopstx hates you.

I'm trying to get Venonat done for MTAC. I was kind of surprised no one had done it yet... Venonat is definitely one of my favorite Pokémon, and I'm kind of excited about wearing that much purple at one time. ^^ I might try to get one of my friends to do Drifloon with me, and we can be purple Poké-tards together!
Chopsticks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-04-2008, 04:44 PM   #763
Sakurai_Atsushi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katzerin View Post
I haven't gotten started on Seedot yet, but I'll be getting the fabric for it soon I hope... (main reason I haven't been posting here lately)
But I do have something I can say; after many tough decisions, I've gotten my choices down to a manageable 8. Many awesome designs were sacrificed, but at least now I can post links to the pics without my brain exploding. D:

Pidgey
Ekans
Paras
Magikarp
Larvitar
Seedot
Magnezone

What happened to Starmie? Well, it turned out it was just the artist in me wanting to design an outfit for it that could actually be worn to a con. Not that I don't like the idea of cosplaying it, I just... really wanted to DESIGN it. :/

Anyway, the 8th one I chose was Mothim, but the Japanese artist hasn't drawn that one yet, and I want to see that design before I make up my mind on him. Attached a pic for reference.
There is a mothim design I have somewhere that I want to use. it's actually quite awesome. I'll edit this post and attach it when I find it in all my files D=
Unread 10-04-2008, 05:12 PM   #764
Katsumiyo
Homework Vigilante

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katzerin View Post
Anyway, the 8th one I chose was Mothim, but the Japanese artist hasn't drawn that one yet, and I want to see that design before I make up my mind on him. Attached a pic for reference.
Oh my god, must resist urge to make my own design...so badass.
In Progress | Vault 34 Jumpsuit | Sniper Wolf
Planned | Catwoman | Snow White
Cons | ALA | AOD | Cherry Blossom Festival | Fanime
Katsumiyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-04-2008, 05:26 PM   #765
Kazukii
Nyaa

My guess with Starmie is the artist wanted to have more male designs. Since..most are female.
You could alter the starmie they did. Add purple shorts, instead of a speedo, and perhaps a purple top or something along those lines. Maybe have the gold designs the pkmn has along the collar of the shirt.

Grats on slimming down your pkmn list. I haven't done that yet..need to. >>;;

Commissions @
Anisazi Costuming
Kazukii is offline   Reply With Quote