Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Video Games > Pokemon

Reply
Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 199 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 01-10-2009, 12:23 AM   #991
Kazukii
Nyaa
 
Kazukii's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 2,293
You can pin the fleece circle onto the wig. Or sew it into the netting.
__________________
Finished:
Kuro Neko / Macha / Akamaru / Harima Kenji / Ninetales / Shippou / Jubei
Luxray [ Gij. Pkmn ] / Toshirou Hitsugaya / Izuru Kira / Ggio / Silver


Commissions @
Anisazi Costuming
Kazukii is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Unread 01-10-2009, 12:34 AM   #992
Emberly
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 29
It is, I'm worried it looks a little silly with a piece of fleece hangin' out in my hair, though
Emberly is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-10-2009, 12:35 AM   #993
Kazukii
Nyaa
 
Kazukii's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 2,293
I didn't think it looked bad. oo;
__________________
Finished:
Kuro Neko / Macha / Akamaru / Harima Kenji / Ninetales / Shippou / Jubei
Luxray [ Gij. Pkmn ] / Toshirou Hitsugaya / Izuru Kira / Ggio / Silver


Commissions @
Anisazi Costuming
Kazukii is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-10-2009, 12:47 AM   #994
O'Faolain
G.I Amphibian
 
O'Faolain's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 55
I think the wig is adorable, Emberly! And I can't think of any quick-way to create that circle thingy there other than what you have done... Unless you're talking about a way to keep the thing there, theeen I agree with what Kazukii said. Also, if you just pin it or sew it on you could remove it later if inspiration for a new way to make the circle hits you - whereas glue could permanently damage the front of the wig. But seriously, the fleece looks fine! ^^

And I can't get over how adorable those ears are. XDDD;;

And now, I hug this thread. XD *huuuuugs* I adore pokemon gijinka and have secretly wanted to do one for years but always had oooone big problem. My fav of fav's is Mew, has been since the original Kanto, but Mew is so... so... PINK. I've thought of ways to down-pink it but it's HARD and I dunno if it would be accepted or not as being "Mew enough". So, until I can figure a way to make a guy-friendly Mew outfit (I don't mind pink wigs... pink shirts or pink pants are pushing it for me) I have settled on another preferred pokemon of mine!

This is an original Bulbasaur gijinka cosplay I've made, and the 'bulbabackpack' will actually work! I'm so excited to make it!!
__________________
2012 Cons: Sakuracon, Wonder Northwest, and Kumoricon.
Cosplays for 2012: Marshall Lee (Adventure Time), Kim Pine Genderbent (Scott Pilgrim), P-Ko (Arakawa Under the Bridge), Chris (KoF), Czeslaw Meyer (Baccano!), YoYo (JSRF), Richie Foley (Static Shock)
Montez Bailey, 1988 - 2009, we miss you, rest in peace.
O'Faolain is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-10-2009, 02:14 AM   #995
Bunnie-Fu
~*Pretty Pink Cosplayer*~
 
Bunnie-Fu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 485
That looks so cute!!!! You'll be an adorable Bulbasaur! And that backpack will be pretty sweet too.

I'm still debating about Lopunny. To make Lolita or not. I mean the Ginjika version I've seen only Lopunny in a bikini looking thing, and I don't really think that's kinda appriopate..and I dont want any dramu and stuffs.

So how any ideas on how I could make Lopunny a little more *cough* kid friendly?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marek View Post
I think the wig is adorable, Emberly! And I can't think of any quick-way to create that circle thingy there other than what you have done... Unless you're talking about a way to keep the thing there, theeen I agree with what Kazukii said. Also, if you just pin it or sew it on you could remove it later if inspiration for a new way to make the circle hits you - whereas glue could permanently damage the front of the wig. But seriously, the fleece looks fine! ^^

And I can't get over how adorable those ears are. XDDD;;

And now, I hug this thread. XD *huuuuugs* I adore pokemon gijinka and have secretly wanted to do one for years but always had oooone big problem. My fav of fav's is Mew, has been since the original Kanto, but Mew is so... so... PINK. I've thought of ways to down-pink it but it's HARD and I dunno if it would be accepted or not as being "Mew enough". So, until I can figure a way to make a guy-friendly Mew outfit (I don't mind pink wigs... pink shirts or pink pants are pushing it for me) I have settled on another preferred pokemon of mine!

This is an original Bulbasaur gijinka cosplay I've made, and the 'bulbabackpack' will actually work! I'm so excited to make it!!
__________________
Back from Hiatus! Ready to Rumble! <3
Bunnie-Fu is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-10-2009, 09:48 AM   #996
snowkirby
Kaka powers - UNITE!
 
snowkirby's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 2,982
@Emberly: I think Kazu and the others got you covered, tho I wanna say your ears are super adorable ^.^!! I love Umbreon as well and someday I do wanna cosplay it lol. It's coming along great so far

@Marek: I've seen other illustrations and such of Mew as a light pink (such as in Pokemon: The First Movie b/c of the lighting lol). As long as you do keep a pink hue somewhere, even if it is a bit paler so it's not as bubblegum, you should be fine . The tail and the eyes usually give it away that it's Mew lol (also the little ears). So any decent Pokemon fan would know lol. And if they don't know of Mew I'll smack em and tell em to listen to their elders =OOO!!

As of clothes, maybe try a hoodie?? Or at least mix white with some pink; you have to sneak the pink in somewhere lol ^_^.

I really like your Bulbasaur design though ^_^! I'd love to see the working backpack!

@Rikku: (EDIT) ohhh ok I see what you mean lol (had to look it up) ^_^;;. The gijinka artist is so silly XD;

I would go for a wintery lolita look, b/c of the cotton in her hands ^_^. Victorian/Lolita fashion is a good place to draw inspiration from. I'm not sure how complex you want your cosplay to be if you want to be a more EGL form, but even if you wanted to go for the usual Gijinka approach, you can wear winter clothes or sweats, and have beige boots/covers . You can even make earmuffs and have them extend really long like her ears ^_^.

Other than that if you want the EGL style, I would really go with the handwarmermufffs (I have no idea what they're really called ^_^;; ) and use beige knee socks with those poofy cotton balls so it's like those ankle pompom socks . You can do a lot of stuff to make it more modest ^_^ best of luck!! I'm sure it'll look great!!
__________________
New York Comic-Con 2011
Friday - Rarity Gijinka (My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic)
Saturday - Torakaka (BlazBlue: Continuum Shift)
Sunday - Espeon Gijinka (Pokemon)

Last edited by snowkirby : 01-10-2009 at 12:24 PM.
snowkirby is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-10-2009, 12:48 PM   #997
ThakYuki
Kittysaurus Rex!
 
ThakYuki's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 1,429
So I think I'm going to slightly alter my Drifloon design from ballet flats to low-top Converse. I know I can find Converse in yellow.
ThakYuki is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-10-2009, 02:14 PM   #998
Bunnie-Fu
~*Pretty Pink Cosplayer*~
 
Bunnie-Fu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 485
A winter lolita sounds cute~ Maybe like a cream and white jumper dress with capulet with Bunny ears and cotton fluffs, the fur muff for the hands and knee highs with cotton fluff on them as well *gasp* it sounds so cute!

I'm thinking of making two Lopunny costumes now, a lolita and Gijinka. I think for the Gijinka I'll make Lopunny more summery (since its really really hot in florida and winter stuff doesn't really work with the weather xD) maybe some tan shorts and add the fluffy tail and and legwarmers with cotton fluff on them, and a cream top halter...some fluff bracelets and super long pigtails! hmm...Ill sketch some things and figure it out~

Thanks for the help~

Quote:
Originally Posted by snowkirby View Post
@Emberly:

@Rikku: (EDIT) ohhh ok I see what you mean lol (had to look it up) ^_^;;. The gijinka artist is so silly XD;

I would go for a wintery lolita look, b/c of the cotton in her hands ^_^. Victorian/Lolita fashion is a good place to draw inspiration from. I'm not sure how complex you want your cosplay to be if you want to be a more EGL form, but even if you wanted to go for the usual Gijinka approach, you can wear winter clothes or sweats, and have beige boots/covers . You can even make earmuffs and have them extend really long like her ears ^_^.

Other than that if you want the EGL style, I would really go with the handwarmermufffs (I have no idea what they're really called ^_^;; ) and use beige knee socks with those poofy cotton balls so it's like those ankle pompom socks . You can do a lot of stuff to make it more modest ^_^ best of luck!! I'm sure it'll look great!!
__________________
Back from Hiatus! Ready to Rumble! <3
Bunnie-Fu is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-10-2009, 02:26 PM   #999
snowkirby
Kaka powers - UNITE!
 
snowkirby's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 2,982
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rikku_Monkie View Post
A winter lolita sounds cute~ Maybe like a cream and white jumper dress with capulet with Bunny ears and cotton fluffs, the fur muff for the hands and knee highs with cotton fluff on them as well *gasp* it sounds so cute!

I'm thinking of making two Lopunny costumes now, a lolita and Gijinka. I think for the Gijinka I'll make Lopunny more summery (since its really really hot in florida and winter stuff doesn't really work with the weather xD) maybe some tan shorts and add the fluffy tail and and legwarmers with cotton fluff on them, and a cream top halter...some fluff bracelets and super long pigtails! hmm...Ill sketch some things and figure it out~

Thanks for the help~
Aw no problem ^_^! A summery Gijinka will work just as fine too hehe! I was just thinking wintery b/c of the lolita, and how her cotton reminds me of snow ^_^;;. Beige snow yes, but snow lol!
__________________
New York Comic-Con 2011
Friday - Rarity Gijinka (My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic)
Saturday - Torakaka (BlazBlue: Continuum Shift)
Sunday - Espeon Gijinka (Pokemon)
snowkirby is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-11-2009, 01:00 AM   #1000
O'Faolain
G.I Amphibian
 
O'Faolain's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 55
I think a winter lolita Lopunny sounds absolutely adorable! As well as the summer version! Can't wait to see them. ^_^

Quote:
Originally Posted by snowkirby View Post
@Marek: I've seen other illustrations and such of Mew as a light pink (such as in Pokemon: The First Movie b/c of the lighting lol). As long as you do keep a pink hue somewhere, even if it is a bit paler so it's not as bubblegum, you should be fine . The tail and the eyes usually give it away that it's Mew lol (also the little ears). So any decent Pokemon fan would know lol. And if they don't know of Mew I'll smack em and tell em to listen to their elders =OOO!!

As of clothes, maybe try a hoodie?? Or at least mix white with some pink; you have to sneak the pink in somewhere lol ^_^.

I really like your Bulbasaur design though ^_^! I'd love to see the working backpack!
Mix pink and white? I love that idea! I had thought about mixing pink and black but didn't very well like the outcome; pink and white sounds much softer and more Mew-like, thanks! And I do love hoodies (they're most of my outer-wear)... I could deal with a light pink hoody or the like, yes... Thank you so much! These are really great ideas. And then I would have a pink wig too... XD I'm gonna get sketching, I've got some great outfit ideas now, thank you! =DDD

And I'm excited about the bulbabackpack, it'll be nice to have something that'll hold all my stuff at the con while not getting in the way of my outfit, bwahaha.

@ThakYuki - Sounds cute! I think converse would add a bit more detail than ballet flats would, yes. But then, I am rather biased. *looks down at the over-worn green hightops he is wearing right now* e.e;
__________________
2012 Cons: Sakuracon, Wonder Northwest, and Kumoricon.
Cosplays for 2012: Marshall Lee (Adventure Time), Kim Pine Genderbent (Scott Pilgrim), P-Ko (Arakawa Under the Bridge), Chris (KoF), Czeslaw Meyer (Baccano!), YoYo (JSRF), Richie Foley (Static Shock)
Montez Bailey, 1988 - 2009, we miss you, rest in peace.
O'Faolain is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-11-2009, 08:01 PM   #1001
Kazukii
Nyaa
 
Kazukii's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 2,293
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marek View Post
I adore pokemon gijinka and have secretly wanted to do one for years but always had oooone big problem. My fav of fav's is Mew, has been since the original Kanto, but Mew is so... so... PINK. I've thought of ways to down-pink it but it's HARD and I dunno if it would be accepted or not as being "Mew enough". So, until I can figure a way to make a guy-friendly Mew outfit (I don't mind pink wigs... pink shirts or pink pants are pushing it for me) I have settled on another preferred pokemon of mine!
[/url]
You can always do a Shiny Mew
- http://www.pokebip.com/pokemon/poked..._shiny/151.png
__________________
Finished:
Kuro Neko / Macha / Akamaru / Harima Kenji / Ninetales / Shippou / Jubei
Luxray [ Gij. Pkmn ] / Toshirou Hitsugaya / Izuru Kira / Ggio / Silver


Commissions @
Anisazi Costuming
Kazukii is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-11-2009, 08:39 PM   #1002
snowkirby
Kaka powers - UNITE!
 
snowkirby's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 2,982
@Marek: no problem ^_^!! Best of luck with Mew and Bulbasaur
__________________
New York Comic-Con 2011
Friday - Rarity Gijinka (My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic)
Saturday - Torakaka (BlazBlue: Continuum Shift)
Sunday - Espeon Gijinka (Pokemon)
snowkirby is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-11-2009, 08:52 PM   #1003
O'Faolain
G.I Amphibian
 
O'Faolain's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 55
Thanks snowkirby. ^_^

@ Kazukii - Yeah, I had considered a shiny Mew but I really wanted to stay true to "Mew". After all, Mew is supposed to be a one-of-a-kind so... the idea that there's a "shiny Mew" seems rather odd to me. XD Who knows though, maybe it would be fun to make a "shiny Mew" later on, after I cosplay regular Mew of course. Thanks for the help! ^_^
__________________
2012 Cons: Sakuracon, Wonder Northwest, and Kumoricon.
Cosplays for 2012: Marshall Lee (Adventure Time), Kim Pine Genderbent (Scott Pilgrim), P-Ko (Arakawa Under the Bridge), Chris (KoF), Czeslaw Meyer (Baccano!), YoYo (JSRF), Richie Foley (Static Shock)
Montez Bailey, 1988 - 2009, we miss you, rest in peace.
O'Faolain is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-11-2009, 09:39 PM   #1004
ApolloNoUta
Cosplayer in Training
 
ApolloNoUta's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 129
I am contemplating, and hopefully soon, will make a Snorlax Gijinka cosplay. I didn't see Snorlax on the sites, but what I want to do is get a black hoodie, add white fabric (the stomach area) to the front of it, add ears, wear baggy black pants that match the hoody, and slippers that look like Snorlax feet. (I would make sure to have the foot claws on the slippers, and now that I think about it, I should make gloves like that too!) I would make sure that the shirt is baggy or stretchy enough that when I sit down, I could sit with my legs to my chest (my chin resting on my knees) so that it creates the chubby effect. :3 I hope to get it done by September, but I have a couple other costumes I need to work on first.
__________________
Completed Costumes
Nicholas D. Wolfwood - Trigun, Monkey D. Luffy - One Piece, Joker - Batman,
DeeJay (Pants only) - Street Fighter


Future Costumes
April May - Gyakuten Saiban - 0%, Rain Mikamura - G Gundam - 0%
ApolloNoUta is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-12-2009, 01:44 AM   #1005
Bahzi
Hi gaiz!
 
Bahzi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Posts: 2,483
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marek View Post
Thanks snowkirby. ^_^

@ Kazukii - Yeah, I had considered a shiny Mew but I really wanted to stay true to "Mew". After all, Mew is supposed to be a one-of-a-kind so... the idea that there's a "shiny Mew" seems rather odd to me. XD Who knows though, maybe it would be fun to make a "shiny Mew" later on, after I cosplay regular Mew of course. Thanks for the help! ^_^
Actually, that's not true. ^^ In the anime, there's at least two different mews, the one from the first movie has been confirmed to be a different mew than in the more recent Lucario and the Mystery of Mew movie, so there could be more, hibernating in various places, like the first one who was asleep underwater in a bubble. In the anime, mew is believed by Pokemon researchers to be the ancestor of all Pokemon, so there were originally more, and they obviously never went extinct, so it'd follow that there's probably a few at least somewhere.

Mewtwo however, is one of a kind, but I think there's an unhacked shiny of him too that can occur in Fire Red or Leaf green, but who knows for sure.

Anyways, I think a male gijinka mew would be really neat, and I agree there's some shades of pink that aren't ugly like that awful bubblegum color. I recently bought a bolt of light light pink fleece to make mew hoodies out of (already made one, but the color was more bubblegum-ish) to sell at an artist alley table, and the color is actually really tolerable. I'm a girl, but I won't wear most shades of pink, I just hate the color, but what I found is a more flesh toned sort of pink, if that makes any sense.

There's all sorts of things you could do with a mew gijinka. White baggy rave pants (like UFO's) would be cool with a hoodie, or white Tripp pants or something. The possibilities are endless. Personally, I think all of it would be cooler than the gijinka design from the Japanese website, I thought that one was pretty uninspired and boring.

You could always get a plush of mew to carry around too, I've seen a couple people carry plush of their Pokemon around with their gijinka costumes, and I think it helps people recognize them a bit. I'm doing a mewtwo gijinka, and I'll have a mew plush with me, since they're usually pictured together. I'm trying to find a a way to attach it off to my side that isn't too obvious.

Speaking of my mewtwo gijinka, I've less than 3 weeks until I'm to wear it, and I've not started. That's nothing new, I work pretty fast and I've made full costumes in 3 days before, but I've got more of the Pokemon hoodies to make too, so it's gonna be close. I'm currently working on two Pikachu hoodies, which will hopefully be done in the next day or so. I'll post pics when they're finished. ^^
Bahzi is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:31 PM.


Copyright 2002-2013 Cosplay.com, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
All comments and posts in our forums are the opinion of the respective poster.