Go Back   Cosplay.com > US Convention Forums > Nan Desu Kan

Closed Thread
Unread 03-24-2008, 01:03 AM   #1
Multi-Facets

Wigs!

Is it easier to buy them styled, or to just buy a wig in the right color and style it yourself?

In the case of the former, where's the best place for custom jobs at relatively reasonable prices?

In case of the latter, who can I ask to do the styling for me? Both my mother and my twin, while both very talented beauticians, don't have much experience with wigs.

Thanks for any help or advice you can give. I appreciate it. ^n_n^

Unread 03-24-2008, 03:51 AM   #2
Jonetsu
Seamstress Extrordinaire

umm... I get all my base wigs at a shop called Zeezoos down in the springs. I think I spelled it right.... but I can never remember. I don't order online too often, I like to go look and try on before I buy anything. And then, after that, it's a matter of what they have vs. what I need. if nothing else, I'll get something longer, cut it, and style it, so long as it's the right color.

As for who to style it, I ususally do it ^^;;; There's plenty of info on how to in the wig forums-or you can feel free to shoot me a pm ^^

~Planned~In Progress~Wishlist~Completed~

~Nolanverse Harley Quinn~Seras Victoria~Fran~Rayne~L~Faye~Lulu~Gaara~Priss~Harley Quinn~Sei~Maya Natsume~Nuriko~Femme Vash~Rouge~

I do take commissions! They're high-quality, one of kind pieces custom-made for each client!
Unread 03-24-2008, 10:11 PM   #3
Curucar

Or you could learn yourself- it's a very valuble skill to have in the cosplaying world. ;P

Unread 03-25-2008, 07:01 AM   #4
Inoli
I Nom Swords

All for learning to do it yourself but some wig styling is hard to learn from just a thread though. I've been tryingto get advice for a while. Those at Wasabi sun morning saw my epic fail at a Krusnik wig for Abel XD;;. was kinda sad the wig 101 class at wasabi never went through =/

Maybe there's a Denver/Co cosplayer that takes up wig commisions?
hey gotta feed the cosplay community somehow

[/color] [/size]
Unread 03-25-2008, 06:00 PM   #5
Jonetsu
Seamstress Extrordinaire

I take comissions. I was the gaara (2nd version costume) at wasabi, and Fran at ndk last year-and I styled both those wigs-also, the girl in the purple fuzzy bikini, I styled her wig too ^^ if you're interested, shoot me a pm.

~Nolanverse Harley Quinn~Seras Victoria~Fran~Rayne~L~Faye~Lulu~Gaara~Priss~Harley Quinn~Sei~Maya Natsume~Nuriko~Femme Vash~Rouge~

I do take commissions! They're high-quality, one of kind pieces custom-made for each client!
Unread 03-25-2008, 11:49 PM   #6
Multi-Facets

Thanks y'all. I'll have a look at Zeezo's, and if nothing comes up I might make a commission.

And Inoli, given your level of talent (proven repeatedly with your costumes, especially my buddy Tres's), I have a very hard time believing any wig of yours would be "fail". (nodnodnod)
Unread 03-26-2008, 11:41 PM   #7
Multi-Facets

Zeezo's was a success! I got an electric green wig that I can style and add some darker dye to. So I guess that means my Andromeda Shun costume is about fifty percent complete. I just need white Y-suspenders, gray loafer-type shoes, and a tutorial in Wonderflex to make chains. Wheeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

Thanks, everyone. ^n_n^
Unread 03-27-2008, 09:51 PM   #8
Jonetsu
Seamstress Extrordinaire

np ^^ BTW, I just learned today of a store in denver that sells wefts of all colors and whatnot-on 6th and peoria. I'm gonna go over there and check it out in the next few days ^^

Last edited by Jonetsu : 03-27-2008 at 10:31 PM.
Unread 03-28-2008, 12:39 AM   #9
Multi-Facets

I take it you live in Denver? Have fun at the store. ^n_n^
Unread 03-29-2008, 03:41 PM   #10
Jonetsu
Seamstress Extrordinaire

I do live in Denver ^^ Alright, so on my break at work today, I went to go check out the shop-it's HUUUUUUGE!!!!! they mostly cater to black women, who do extensions much more often then us pasties. Actually, felt a little out of place. The directions I got were all kinds of screwy. It's located at 225 and 6th, almost directly-on the SW corner-big red building. I got the white extentsions I needed (they only had one white option though >.<) for 2.50, which is pretty sweet ^^ they had pretty much every other color though, and what I got matches the wig almost perfectly ^^

Unread 03-29-2008, 06:11 PM   #11
D001
D

Jonetsu, may I ask what the name of that shop was? Thanks!
Unread 03-30-2008, 01:00 AM   #12
Jonetsu
Seamstress Extrordinaire

the extension shop I went to is called.... the beauty supply warehouse ^^ they did actually have quite a few wigs there too, but it seemed like they mostly were natural colors only ^^;;;;; only blondes, browns, and reds.....

Unread 03-30-2008, 02:03 AM   #13
Michi
I'm genie for your wish
Forum Moderator

It seems you were posting here in hopes of getting local wig help, but please don't use the convention forums for that. You're welcome to post in the Costume Discussion: Wigs and Hair forum and mention you need help near Colorado Springs or where ever.

Facebook / Twitter / Website / Tumblr

Next Event: J-Pop Summit Festival in San Francisco, CA (July 19-20)
Closed Thread