Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Anime/Manga > Katekyo Hitman Reborn!

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 78 votes, 4.94 average.
Unread 03-21-2011, 04:22 PM   #16171
GoldenDarkness

getting accessories for Gokudera is a pain in the butt xD
GoldenDarkness is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 03-24-2011, 03:27 PM   #16172
MysticRouge

So, I made Belphegor's knives today. I used a shoe box, hot glue, and silver finger nail polish. This will be my FIRST cosplay and critique is welcome!

MysticRouge is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-25-2011, 03:36 AM   #16173
MissLunatic
Someone

@MysticRogue:
I'm not that familiar with the details of his knives (due to the reason that I share Gokudera's most likely opinion towards him ). So I had to look them up.
To my mind you did really great work with the shape and details (especially for a first! cosplay). Those who know Belphegor could tell that these are his knives without seeing the cosplay. Even me.
It is interesting which materials you used. Never thought about finger nail polish as silver paint! (atm I rather use silver (spray) colour or acrylic over a coating of glue, but I like new ways to do something )
Only 2 things could improve these -maybe-:
1. To find a way to avoid those streaks (which is a very difficult thing to my mind I haven't found a solution for either yet). -.-
2. If you actually want to throw his knives card board might not be the best material to start with. They wouldn't fly really good I guess and might be damaged. I just ran through a list of materials but wood might be difficult to work with and could injure ppl, foam craft sheets aren't really better for throwing either... some plastic material maybe? I'd go to the DIY store to get some inspiration...
But for posings your knives should be awesome.

Well, so all in all: They look very great and you came up with one of the most inexpensive ways to get a nice outcome

Maybe a Bel should rather comment on this though... for advice and stuff...

@GoldenDarkness: Exactly what I experienced and wanted to say!^^ Although you got it more straight! xD

Last edited by MissLunatic : 03-25-2011 at 03:42 AM.
MissLunatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-25-2011, 04:45 AM   #16174
Nekko
Future Companion

My conbuddy is cosplaying Gokudera. Shes so cute
Well the wig came a few days ago. It flops into my eyes so im gonna have to fix the bangs with somthing... Honestly to me it's not a good enough color match. Ill have to see what it looks like on camera.
Nekko is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-25-2011, 04:54 AM   #16175
MissLunatic
Someone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nekko View Post
My conbuddy is cosplaying Gokudera. Shes so cute
Well the wig came a few days ago. It flops into my eyes so im gonna have to fix the bangs with somthing... Honestly to me it's not a good enough color match. Ill have to see what it looks like on camera.
Oh, cool . I see some funny family pictures lurking somewhere.^^
I don't know what your wig looks like so... But usually you are always harder on your cosplay than others are I think.
Unread 03-25-2011, 05:28 AM   #16176
Nekko
Future Companion

http://shopi.cosplay.com/catalog/pro...18-dp-02_1.jpg I baught this. But unlike in the photo the bangs dont wanna stay separated at the side of ones head. they mostly like to hang right over the eyes.

And YES about the funny family pictures. We are also doing a funny skit together. Ill have to post it afterwards.
Unread 03-25-2011, 06:58 AM   #16177
MissLunatic
Someone

Quote:
http://shopi.cosplay.com/catalog/pro...18-dp-02_1.jpg I baught this. But unlike in the photo the bangs dont wanna stay separated at the side of ones head. they mostly like to hang right over the eyes.

And YES about the funny family pictures. We are also doing a funny skit together. Ill have to post it afterwards.
Well, the colour looks nice on that pic. Really close to the original and not an awfull neon-pink^^. Ok, not 100%, but you nearly never find a wig that matches the colour 100% and especially in that colour! Noone will notice it if they don't bring a picture around and hold it next to you xD.

Hm, maybe there is a way to style them. You could try hair spray or try to hide clips in your hair to position them. The bangs just might be a little short maybe but I guess noone will notice even if they are xD. Had to look at a picture to judge... besides why am I able to look at a picture of aneki o.O... great miracle... maybe it's the same as with glasses...

Cool I'm looking forward to see these. I just love the funny but strained relationship of the siblings .
Unread 03-25-2011, 02:10 PM   #16178
MysticRouge

@MissLunatic Thank you for the tips! I have no plan to throw them they're only for show. Not only that they're pretty fragile so I plan to just pose with them. I'm not crazy about the streaks but I do plan to improve his cosplay in the future.
Unread 03-26-2011, 10:27 PM   #16179
Nekko
Future Companion

Finally took pictures today. No makeup and Im only wearing the shirt I got for it too. I may redo the *goggles* also. Not to mention pinkify my eyebrows.
http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5172/...ba52eb0309.jpg with flash
http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5183/...1c38d85c_b.jpg without flash
Unread 03-27-2011, 04:00 AM   #16180
MissLunatic
Someone

@MysticRogue:
I can't recall that I said anything helpfull really xD since it was a really good job as I said. But you're welcome.

@Nekko:
The colour looks cool . In this picture I can't even really see that your eyebrows aren't pink either xD. But to my wiglosereyes it looks just fine. The bangs don't hang over your eyes and stuff. And I think you got that glance of her^^.
But thanks, aneki, that you added the goggles! How would you want to redo them?

Besides had a little skit/vid idea myself last night
Unread 03-27-2011, 04:48 AM   #16181
Nekko
Future Companion

Well.. I dunno really. Unless I find a better pair then Ill just keep them. I cant wear real gogles cause they have to fly off easily as part of the skit. Maybe foamclay around the edges to make them thicker?

I hate when a wig covers eyes. Unless its true to the cosplay. It takes just some basic wig styling and hairspray to get most bangs right. Not bothering with it is just lazy. Besides unless your always moving the bangs around before every picture. It ruins a lot of them.

Id love to hear your skit idea. Tiff and I know what we are doing this con but we havent talked next con yet.
Unread 03-27-2011, 06:50 AM   #16182
MissLunatic
Someone

Quote:
Well.. I dunno really. Unless I find a better pair then Ill just keep them. I cant wear real gogles cause they have to fly off easily as part of the skit. Maybe foamclay around the edges to make them thicker?

I hate when a wig covers eyes. Unless its true to the cosplay. It takes just some basic wig styling and hairspray to get most bangs right. Not bothering with it is just lazy. Besides unless your always moving the bangs around before every picture. It ruins a lot of them.

Id love to hear your skit idea. Tiff and I know what we are doing this con but we havent talked next con yet.
Ah k, that’s a point of course. I don’t know if they would break or something then if you don’t handle them very carefully. Never tried something like that.

True, although as I said, I’m a little afraid of styling… so I most times ask others if they’d help me. True about the ruining part though.

About the skit or vid: It is a little selfcentred ^^’’ but it just popped into my mind when a friend asked me if I could learn the namimori school anthem on keyboard/piano xD too. I told him Gokudera would never play such a lame song xD only if Hibari would beat him up or Tsuna would ask him to do so.

Well and then I got carried away xD.

I already wish to play “Tsuna awakens” at a con and already practiced it. But with all that is mentioned above in mind I got an idea for a little scene:

Tsuna feels quite down due to one of the usual numerous reasons (schooltests, PE, Kyoko, Mafia stuff…). Naturally Goku would try to cheer juudaime up and although a little awkward at first maybe play the piano when it is just there to show how great the 10th in fact is . But then Hibari would show up, not at all amused of this abuse of school property. But he would hint or state openly that if he played the school anthem it would be another matter. Which would nearly lead to a brawl since Gokudera doesn’t like that song not to mention to play for Hibari. But as I know Tsuna he would intervene and just tell Gokudera to do as Hibari says. Not really happy about that but as it is the will of the Tenth, Gokudera would start… only in the middle of the song suddenly Bianchi would show up behind him with a plate of poison cookies and tell Hayatooo that if he has decided to play the piano again then surely not without her cookies… -> Collapsing Gokudera
The End.

Only need to look now if I get all the ppl together at a con with a piano xD. I know one con where there is one but still would have to look if Hibari and Bianchi have time.
I’d like to hear about your idea too Or is it a secret? Promise not to copy! Never performed a skit yet anyway xD. Does that mean you plan a series of skits btw?

Last edited by MissLunatic : 03-27-2011 at 12:41 PM.
Unread 03-29-2011, 01:43 AM   #16183
MysticRouge

I really want to do a casual TYL!Belphegor because I just don't have the money to make his Varia uniform. I have his crown and some striped shirts but I have no idea how to put together a decent outfit he would wear everyday. Help?
Unread 03-29-2011, 07:24 AM   #16184
GoldenDarkness

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticRouge View Post
I really want to do a casual TYL!Belphegor because I just don't have the money to make his Varia uniform. I have his crown and some striped shirts but I have no idea how to put together a decent outfit he would wear everyday. Help?
http://www.zerochan.net/336528
http://www.zerochan.net/257742
http://www.zerochan.net/369244
http://www.zerochan.net/278234
http://www.zerochan.net/434099
http://www.zerochan.net/full/353361 (he's somewhere at the bottom)
http://www.zerochan.net/260056
http://www.zerochan.net/185364

that's all i've got
GoldenDarkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-29-2011, 09:49 AM   #16185
benihime
Kimono Queen

Ah i've been roped into doing Bianchi to go with my friend's gokudera. I've never even thought of cosplaying a girl from KHR so this should be fun. I thought about making cupcakes with gummy worms sticking out of them

WORKING ON
Haruka (idolm@ster 2)

NEXT CONVENTIONS
A-kon in Dallas, TX

WEBSITE
DEVIANTART FACEBOOK
TUMBLR

benihime is offline   Reply With Quote