Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Anime/Manga > Katekyo Hitman Reborn!

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 396 votes, 4.99 average.
Unread 03-29-2011, 03:48 PM   #16186
MysticRouge

@GoldenDarkness T_T Thank you so much!! I'm going to start working on one of these right away!
MysticRouge is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 03-29-2011, 04:35 PM   #16187
GoldenDarkness

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticRouge View Post
@GoldenDarkness T_T Thank you so much!! I'm going to start working on one of these right away!
No problem.
Good luck with the costume!
GoldenDarkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-09-2011, 07:32 PM   #16188
Inkaide

Help a noobie cosplayer with creating a good Chrome costume? :D

I'm planning to do a group KHR cosplay with some friends, and i got assigned Chrome (YEAH LUCKY ME BAHAHA~). But. The thing is I have nothing to begin to make the costume... But I have the ring. But no wig. D:

I also have limited money as well (less than 50 bucks...)

Any suggestions? Thanks <3
Inkaide is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-10-2011, 05:43 AM   #16189
MissLunatic
Someone

Hey^^

Beforehand I have to say that I’m not that familiar with making a Chrome cosplay since I’m not a Chrome cosplayer myself.^^

But first of all: Which version do you want to cosplay? As with nearly every KH Reborn! char there are quite some versions of her. Maybe if you search the web or artbooks and stuff you might find one where you actually already have clothes in your cupboard .

If you want to go for her main clothes you should think about your skills and the time-limit. Are you familiar with sewing (fabric’s always cheaper than costum-made costumes) or do you know someone who could help you? Since the top of her schooluniform could be a little tricky as it should fit accurately. Pleated skirts on the other hand are rather easy to sew (even without a sewing machine) or to find. But first of all I’d browse ebay and look for second-hand clothes or in cheap shops and try to alter the clothes if they don’t fit the original perfectly. Although as already said: Difficult with the top of Chrome’s schooluniform.

I’d advise to pay a lot of attention to the wig since this one is the most characteristic feature of the Reborn! chars and clothes can always be altered or other outfits can be cosplayed. I usually “ebay” my wigs. Just search for Chrome Reborn for example and you should find some already styled ones (although these might take about 40$). Or if you think you have the guts and skills to make the hairstyle yourself you could also find just a longer dark purple wig and cut and style it. Might be a little less expensive but maybe not thaat much and maybe for the beginning a little difficult.

Since your budget is rather limited in my opinion I’d neglect her purple eyes and not go for lenses. (Besides I never wear lenses myself, since I feel about them nearly as Tsuna does in the beginning xD) These can be photoshopped if you really want to be that accurate about it.

The eyepatch you could make out of a small piece of leather or fabric and the skull could be painted onto it for example. Or you do the version with the band-aid , which is a little easier^^.

I hope this was at least a tiny bit helpfull^^''
MissLunatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-21-2011, 08:16 PM   #16190
JustACostume

Hey! I'm going to be cosplaying Ginger Bread. Anyone have good pics of him?
JustACostume is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-23-2011, 03:21 AM   #16191
MissLunatic
Someone

Spontaneous googlesearch showed these:
http://media.photobucket.com/image/g...rbread.jpg?o=4

http://thumbnails.truveo.com/0021/B2...B79D_Large.jpg

http://reborn.wikia.com/wiki/Category:Images_of_Ginger_Bread

http://reborn.wikia.com/wiki/Ginger_Bread

Not really that good, I know. -.- But a start.
I'd watch the anime episodes where he is featured if I were you or look at the manga pages he is part of.
I'm not sure right now which episodes/chapters he is in though.
Unread 05-23-2011, 09:28 AM   #16192
Celia Rose
wanna-be abs of steel

Bianchi is almost complete. :'D It's about time!

I still have to make her scorpion tatto and patch, plus a poison cooking prop. But, other than that, she's almost done!
Celia Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-28-2011, 05:51 PM   #16193
Krystia

Anyone have suggestions on Gokudera's dynamites? >_<
Krystia is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-30-2011, 10:28 AM   #16194
MissLunatic
Someone

There are as many suggestions as there are Gokudera cosplayers I guess I heard of many ways by now. For example using wood, candles or real fireworks as a base or coin rolls.

I made mine out of PVC pipes and packing paper though. For the caps I used dark brown foam craft sheets and the fuse I made out of parcel string. The labels can be made out of orange paper. You can print them or just write onto them.
They are even throwable if you are not going for a yamamoto-home-run xD.

There is also a tutorial on youtube done by a really awesome gokudera cosplayer. Just try and google "gokudera ringbattle dynamite".

Besides which version of his bombs are you looking for? The usual or ringbattle with the metal caps?
If you have more questions or want a more detailed explanation, just feel free to PM.^^
Unread 06-04-2011, 03:08 AM   #16195
Krye
|||Happy*Sweets|||

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inkaide View Post
I'm planning to do a group KHR cosplay with some friends, and i got assigned Chrome (YEAH LUCKY ME BAHAHA~). But. The thing is I have nothing to begin to make the costume... But I have the ring. But no wig. D:

I also have limited money as well (less than 50 bucks...)

Any suggestions? Thanks <3
I just recently finished my Chrome Cosplay, so I can give you some tips. XD I made her Kokuyo Uniform version. But from what I've seen, you have her dream version (the white dress), her TYL Look, and her TYL business/mafia suit.

Her weapon, her hair, and eye patch are basically the main parts of her character's look. I bought my wig on ebay: Here It's a fairly decent wig, but I had to do some massive layering, trimming, and styling.

Judging from your budget (don't know your sewing skills), I would go with her white dress version or even the business suit one. White dress is easy to find or even make. The business suit is basically a white dress shirt, black dress jacket, and a black pencil skirt.

To make her trident, there are a lot of tutorials on this website. You make it out of really cheap materials. Paint, paper foam, craft foam, glue/hot glue gun, and wood (for the staff).

Good luck :3 Have fun!!

2014 Events: Fanime (Aoba/Ririchiyo/Amu) | Anime Expo (Heroine - Amnesia; Monomi; Nonon; Fem!Noiz)

Krye is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-07-2011, 01:43 PM   #16196
Miria Harvent
Getting it completed...

/that awkward moment when you come back to this thread after a few months and nobody that used to be here is here. ID

Hey, y'all. <3 Call me Maizy.
I cosplay Spanner and Dino, and...yeah. I'm friendly. What are you guys working on?

2011 COSPLAY PLANS
Dino Cavallone, Meowth Gijinka, Spanner, Nice Holystone, Rikku, Celty Sturluson, Karina Lyle
Miria Harvent is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-08-2011, 05:38 PM   #16197
Mangos_Limes

@Maizy lol yeah...
Hiya I'm Jessica!
I cosplay as Fran! Right now I'm trying to get a Reborn cosplay group together...which isn't working out so well for me...
Mangos_Limes is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-08-2011, 09:45 PM   #16198
GripGod
Jounin

I think you guys might enjoy this

Last edited by GripGod : 06-08-2011 at 09:56 PM.
GripGod is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-08-2011, 10:01 PM   #16199
Mangos_Limes

Holy God. That is freaking incredible.

Cosplaying as:
Byakuran-Reborn
Oz-Pandora Hearts
Kagome-Strawberry Panic
Mangos_Limes is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-09-2011, 06:13 AM   #16200
MissLunatic
Someone

About the car:
Omg O.O XD. Great.

Heya, maizy^^
guess I understand what you mean although I'm still rather new to the series. (Besides not thaat much talk here anyway except for cosplay questions.)
I'm currently not working on a Reborn! cosplay (atm still painting circles on my Hakuouki cos -.-''') but I'm really wishing to cosplay Gokudera in TYL version as soon as possible. And maybe in August I might cosplay G.
Well, not that original, I know xD especially if you look at my Reborn cosplays... Gokudera... Gokudera... Gokudera... But I couldn't help falling for that guy.^^

Besides Dino is my second fave char Like him very much too and I'm thinking about cosplaying him some time too. Also think about Lal.

Uhm and I'm getting some groups together as well. Atm I'm especially looking for a TYL group for next year and a Prima Famiglia. But there are also some more crazy plans we have in mind.