Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Anime/Manga > Katekyo Hitman Reborn!

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 84 votes, 4.94 average.
Unread 03-04-2012, 09:48 PM   #16276
DesertSpade
oops

Mehdia- Thank you! ^^ I'll add Basil and Kyoko to possible future cosplays. n___n Yeah, with Kyoko you'd definitely need at least one iconic character with you. Though I bet a plushie/doll of Reborn, Lambo or I-pin would work too. :<a

I think you'll make a pretty cool Reborn. *A* For females there's also Lal Mirch, Luce, Aria, Daniela, Adelheid, Oregano, Iris, M.M, and the Cervello~ But yeah, I want more awesome females too. :<

I think I may do Fuuta. He would be fun to do, especially his book. c: I'm already trying to think of how to make it, lol. This'll be fun~ I sorta kinda tried dressing up today. I'll have to look for a better sweater/button up shirt. :<<

As for a wig, do you think Arda's Lulu would work? Or which of the other short wigs of theirs would be better? I'd perfer to stick to Arda, since my head is kind of big. >> For colors I was either thinking of 029 Dark Ash Blonde, 124 Sandy Brown, or 027 Ginger Blonde. Which wig and color do you think would work best? :O I know I'd have to cut/trim any of those.

Master_Iso- Thank you, too! c: Rarer characters seem like they would be fun to wear to conventions. n___n I think you'll make an adorable Tsuna. :3

DesertSpade is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 03-04-2012, 10:31 PM   #16277
Mehdia
The Corset Queen

Quote:
Originally Posted by DesertSpade View Post
Mehdia- Thank you! ^^ I'll add Basil and Kyoko to possible future cosplays. n___n Yeah, with Kyoko you'd definitely need at least one iconic character with you. Though I bet a plushie/doll of Reborn, Lambo or I-pin would work too. :<a

I think you'll make a pretty cool Reborn. *A* For females there's also Lal Mirch, Luce, Aria, Daniela, Adelheid, Oregano, Iris, M.M, and the Cervello~ But yeah, I want more awesome females too. :<

I think I may do Fuuta. He would be fun to do, especially his book. c: I'm already trying to think of how to make it, lol. This'll be fun~ I sorta kinda tried dressing up today. I'll have to look for a better sweater/button up shirt. :<<

As for a wig, do you think Arda's Lulu would work? Or which of the other short wigs of theirs would be better? I'd perfer to stick to Arda, since my head is kind of big. >> For colors I was either thinking of 029 Dark Ash Blonde, 124 Sandy Brown, or 027 Ginger Blonde. Which wig and color do you think would work best? :O I know I'd have to cut/trim any of those.

Master_Iso- Thank you, too! c: Rarer characters seem like they would be fun to wear to conventions. n___n I think you'll make an adorable Tsuna. :3
Fuuta and Kyoko are good additions. Kyoko would be perfect with a Tsuna. But a plushie of one of the characters would help out the costume too.

Thanks for saying I make a decent Reborn. I can't wait to actually do the cosplay. I want to practice my make-up a little more to make my face more masculine.

That is a good list of females, but sadly, most of the ones that are kinda cool don't get much time in the manga...

As for the wig, I would go with either the Ginger Blonde, or even the Light Brown. That one looked kinda good too for Fuuta.
Mehdia is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-04-2012, 10:48 PM   #16278
DesertSpade
oops

Mehdia- You're welcome! :3 I can't wait to see it finished~ Ahhh, I see. :o But if you like them, then it shouldn't matter how much screentime they get? c:

Thank you! Lulu would work, right? Light Brown seems a little too dark to me. I think I'll go with Ginger Blonde, or would it be too ginger/orange-y, looking at the customer gallery?

Unread 03-04-2012, 10:54 PM   #16279
Mehdia
The Corset Queen

I'm stoked to do all my Reborn characters cosplay. I'm anxiously awaiting my Gokudera wig. I like some of the female characters well enough, but not to the level of "OMG! I must cosplay her!" except Bianchi, but like I said, I want to get into better shape for her.

The Lulu would work for sure with just a little styling. I think the ginger blonde should be fine. Some of the pictures looked a little more orange, but some still looked more blonde.
Unread 03-04-2012, 11:05 PM   #16280
DesertSpade
oops

Mehdia- Ooo, what outfit of Gokudera are you doing? :o

And okay~ It probably just depend on the lighting, huh? Thank you again! ^^

Unread 03-04-2012, 11:11 PM   #16281
Mehdia
The Corset Queen

I'm going to do his suit version and at least a casual one (I have the perfect glasses for him, so I gotta do a casual one). I might do his Ring Battle outfit later, but I see that one a lot, so I'm holding off on it. Right now I'm planning to do the suit version of Gokudera, maybe Hibari, of course adult Reborn wears a suit, and then I have Dino in the suit and a casual look...now if I can just find time to wear all these...

No problem on the wig help. I know how it can be wondering if a color is right. I own about 30 wigs right now and sometimes have been hesitant to buy them since monitor color can be so off.
Unread 03-05-2012, 06:11 AM   #16282
MissLunatic
Someone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mehdia View Post
I hope you enjoy your wig when you get it! I still need to style mine and trim it up since it is a bit longer than I want it to be.

That sounds cool to do teacher Dino and Squalo^^ And I can understand your sticking to Gokudera. He's pretty awesome and I can't wait for my wig to come in for him so I can start playing with his look too. He was the first one besides Reborn that I was like "I should totally cosplay him". And Reborn only beat him out because of the righteous suit and fedora he pimps every day of his life...that and he's the ultimate badass.

It's awesome to have friends cosplay with you! And it's very true that they can influence which ones do become real. My friend got her Tsuna wig today and it's so freakin' adorable. She just needs to add some spikes to it and it will be perfect. I know she's going to make an awesome Tsuna.

Thanks for your compliments on my Yuuko I have so far. I love that costume...except for the heels I wear with it since they kill my feet after 12 hours of wearing them at a con.

I am sad that the badass girls in Reborn are pushed to the back some. Bianchi is about the only one you see often, but she still gets reduced to kitchen work or swooning over Reborn (though he's pretty swoon worthy in the newest chapters ^__~). Maybe soon they will let some of the girls be more than just the cleaning ladies and cooks...if not, I will just focus on the guys being badasses and just cosplay them^^
I’m still waiting a little impatiently for Dino, but well, it takes its time till wigs arrive and next time when I go out to cosplay will be in about two weeks, so it’s ok ^^.

Cool ^^. I hope your Gokudera wig arrives soon then. Have read that it hasn’t up till now. Besides I like Gokudera cause he is not badass xD, but sometimes already shows hints of his future self which could be.^^ But Reborn is badass for sure. And a little mean xD. Besides I got me into a little challenge at some of the next cons. We (some friends and me) wrote nonsense inchar stuff in the chat and now Gokudera has to do a little “test” in order to get a book about how to be a good right hand man and about all there is to know about mafia bosses xD. Of course written by Reborn. I’m curious what the others have made up for that “test” xD.

I hope you take some pics in the future ^^. Looking forward to see those.^^ And these moments of anticipation when you see the WIP pics of others you are going to cosplay with are very great. Lately had that too, when a friend spammed some pics of Hibari’s Vongola Gear. Now I want to have mine too right now xD. As soon as I can start to work again without a bad conscience I’m going to start, I think .

About the shoes: I believe that ^^’’. I try to get around wearing heels up till now as much as I can.

I have to agree… especially regarding the “mafia girls”. It’s just a shame that they lack time in the series… Bianchi could at least have done something and helped out Reborn in the latest arc… but I guess he either doesn’t want her to risk something or rather looks for the very strongest allies -.-.

Besides Bianchi is a cool char to cosplay as I think. Good choice.^^ I’m going for Lal some time and already asked a friend to cut an old wig I used only once so far. (I’m a little afraid of wig cutting and stuff -.- Guess I’d fail miserably.)

And about the pics: The one where your eyes are hidden by the hat is very great . Very Reborn^-^.

@DesertSpade:
Fuuta’s so rare *-*, really’d like to see that. And about Kyoko: A plushie or a cosplaypartner (Tsuna and/or Haru) would be cool of course, but I think here she might also be recogniseable on her own, in school uniform at least.
But well, I might be a little much into Reborn currently since … when I spot long pink hair combined with casual clothes I already start to get cautious at times xD.
MissLunatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-05-2012, 08:15 AM   #16283
DesertSpade
oops

Mehdia- Ooo, I see. :O I can't wait to see your finished cosplays~ n___n His Ring Battle outfit is cosplayed quite a lot, somewhat. ... well, with that then you can reuse and wear the suit multiple times! :D

Oh wow. That's a lot. *o*

MissLunatic- I don't know why, he'd adorable. ;a; And tyl he's still cuuute~ And you you agree that Arda Wigs' Lulu in Ginger Blonde would work for Fuuta? OR what would you suggest? :o /likes having multiple opinions. Currently I don't really know anyone personally who cosplays/likes Reborn, so a partner would be out unless I stumble upon a Tsuna or Haru at a con. But she could. :<a
Haha. xD Always be wary of unexpected poison cooking~

Uwaaahhh you make a really good Gokudera. *AA* The Flame Arrow looks amazing and you look really good TYL and and and huodshfkjsdghor everything is really really good. *A*

Unread 03-05-2012, 05:03 PM   #16284
MissLunatic
Someone

@DesertSpade:
Hm, I’m not really a pro at choosing the right wigs .^^’’ Last time I didn’t make the right choice… -.- But it’s tricky anyway. Not rarely the colour’s off from what your screen shows as Mehdia already said… But I compared it to some pics of Fuuta and (plz take into account that my laptop screen’s very light ^^’’) it should be quite close. Although Fuuta’s haircolour differs a little from pic to pic too -.-. The length should be quite good for TYL and for intime you could adjust it plus there is still the scarf which could hide a little^^. I don’t have an alternative in mind atm. I think it looks quite good.^^ Especially if you know the shop and its quality.

That happens fast.^^ I just knew a handful of ppl last year who were into it. Didn’t think I’d ever cosplay together with a Tsuna… (since Gokudera’s so common here and I thought everyone would already stick to a certain partner. Which I don’t do besides.) And then at my first time wearing Gokudera (at a small event) an acquaintance suddenly announced: Later I change to Tsuna. Me: Wtf?!!!
And at cons I came across quite some Tsunas . So it should be possible.^^

OMG :O Thx. This comment somehow made part of my day. xD He’s my absolute fave char and I really love to present him . It is still interesting, that so many like TYL that much xD. I like both. Intime is more funny though and TYL in a group can be quite interesting with all the grown up (mafia) stuff.

Besides I’m trying to get a TYL group together at a con this spring and guess who we are still missing of the Vongola? Fuuta xD besides Haru, Levi, Hana and the Kokyou lot except Mukuro and Chrome. The Millefiore is also very good at recruiting though.
Unread 03-05-2012, 07:13 PM   #16285
DesertSpade
oops

MissLunatic- Thank you~! C: Aww. ;a; Did you find another use for it? It does differ a bit, that's why I asked for opinions. c: ... I'm too short for TYL, so just present for now, lol~ /five feet. I've heard many good reviews on Arda, and have been looking at them for a while. :>

Ahh, I see! :O That's good that you found a Tsuna. :)

You're welcome! I'm glad it made your day. :D♥ I think you present him well.

Ooo. :O I hope you have fun with that! :3 And awww. ;o; I hope you'll be able to find them. Everyone loves the Millefiore, lol.

Anywho, I bought the wig just a bit ago! Lulu in Ginger Blonde~ n___n They're having a sale today, so I thought 'why not?' and got it along with their Katinka in Dark Purple. <:

Unread 03-06-2012, 10:58 AM   #16286
MissLunatic
Someone

@DesertSpade: Not up till now unfortunately or rather I'm not sure. Maybe I might try another char with it maybe...
Ah, Ok.^^ Although height isn't the most important factor. I often cosplay chars who are actually too tall for me. (The tools decided that I'm about 5'5 if that is 1,69m. xD) But it's true Fuuta becomes quite tall in TYL.

I rather wrote that to encourage you, that it isn't impossible at all ^^, but thanks.

I'd not say everyone. Although they are interesting on their own. But I guess that we already have quite a lot of them is due to our Byakuran being very good at advertising chars xD. The more reason for me to try my best regarding the Vongola.^^

Besides my Dino wig arrived today . And I guess it doesn't look bad. Thanks, Mehdia^^. Just have to put it on later.^^
Unread 03-06-2012, 10:35 PM   #16287
Mehdia
The Corset Queen

@MissLunatic: I am still waiting for my Gokudera wig! I hope it gets here soon. And you are right, he's not a full on badass, though he can be at times and you can tell he will be in the future! Reborn can be a bit of a jerk, but it works for him because he's such a badass and so awesome!

Thanks for the comment on my Reborn test. I had to do at least one picture where my eyes were hidden since he has a few like that throughout the series. I hope when I get the whole thing done I look cool as Reborn...and Gokudera, and Dino, and Hibari...and maybe some day as Bianchi. You are right, I wish she was helping in the newest arc. I bet she could be really awesome in the Aracobelano battles.

I hope you like your Dino wig once you get it tried on. I still need to trim and style mine, but I have other pressing cosplay matters to attend to first since the Reborn characters are for later.

@DesertSpade: I hope the wig is what you are looking for when you get it in. It will be really cool to see a Fuuta cosplayer. And now that I think about characters that don't get cosplayed much, I kinda wanna do TYL Basil...I loved how he looked. I need to stop adding Reborn characters to my list because I have other, more detailed costumes I'm planning with friends beyond what we've already planned for Reborn...
Unread 03-07-2012, 11:48 AM   #16288
MissLunatic
Someone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mehdia View Post
@MissLunatic: I am still waiting for my Gokudera wig! I hope it gets here soon. And you are right, he's not a full on badass, though he can be at times and you can tell he will be in the future! Reborn can be a bit of a jerk, but it works for him because he's such a badass and so awesome!

Thanks for the comment on my Reborn test. I had to do at least one picture where my eyes were hidden since he has a few like that throughout the series. I hope when I get the whole thing done I look cool as Reborn...and Gokudera, and Dino, and Hibari...and maybe some day as Bianchi. You are right, I wish she was helping in the newest arc. I bet she could be really awesome in the Aracobelano battles.

I hope you like your Dino wig once you get it tried on. I still need to trim and style mine, but I have other pressing cosplay matters to attend to first since the Reborn characters are for later.
I guess if you already think that much about everything, it can only turn out great .
She could be at least more awesome than others... many are out already although we didn't see them fight at all. That's the problem if you throw in that many chars -.- everyone doesn't get enough time it seems...

I tried it on today and I guess what I first thought yesterday was wrong. XD I can wear it (with a little make up at least) and it has a real nice near-natural colour . Just need it to be cut and styled. But a friend wants to help me .

Of course.^^ It's important to get them finished in order if there is a certain date. Luckily currently I'm not bound that much. Just a rather casual cosplay till the middle of April and the other day at that con I aggreed upon cosplaying from Reborn with some friends. If I get my Vongola gear finished till then it would be great, although I don't really believe it xD, if not I'll simply rewear another version. I only have to finish it till late July.
Unread 03-11-2012, 12:02 AM   #16289
Mehdia
The Corset Queen

So out of boredom and having my new, awesome, totally nerdy teacher Dino glasses sitting around, I threw on the wig and glasses and snapped a few pictures with my phone (they kinda suck) since my camera was dead from a day long trip to the zoo (dinosaur exhibit for the win!). I thought I would share one (don't know why it turned a bit funky in resizing, but oh well). Again, the wig needs a trim and style, but it was fun to have on those huge glasses. They are completely cosmetic since I don't need glasses for my vision.
Unread 03-17-2012, 09:51 PM   #16290
DesertSpade
oops

... late replies are late. :x

But eeeeeeee I got my wig! :3 Here are some robo.tos: one, two, three, ushishi~ I really like the color. c: I'll have to cut the bangs sometime before the end of May. :<
Katinka was out of stock in dark purple, so I got pumpkin instead, hehe~ Dunno what I'll use it for, though.

My Grandma and I were trying to figure out how we'd make Fuuta's book, so we went to Joann's to see what we could find and figure out. And my Grandma found this: one, two, three. And it's hollow on the inside! :D I want to be able to write in it though, so we also got a sketchbook that fits inside. I'll have to put stuff underneath the sketchbook and attach/glue to the cover to the book thought. c: Then to paint it~ This'll be fun. n___n

MissLunatic- Ahhh. :O I hope you find another use for it~
Fuuta does become quite tall tyl. x___x With me at 5', it wouldn't really work it if I did tyl. So only present Fuuta for me. ~/o/ I don't think a short person cosplaying a very tall person would quite work out, and vice versa. At least, not when other characters from the series are around, haha~
Ohhh. :O
Oo oo! I'm glad your Dino wig arrived. :D

Mehdia- I just got it today and it is. :DD Obviously I'll have to mess with it and trim/cut it later... But that'll be later. ovo
*____* tyl Basil is... gorgeous, for lack of better adjective. A lot of the characters tyl are gorgeous, actually.
Ooo, who? :OO
*O* I'm looking forward to your Dino.