Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Anime/Manga > Katekyo Hitman Reborn!

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 285 votes, 4.98 average.
Unread 03-18-2012, 12:04 AM   #16291
Mehdia
The Corset Queen

@DesertSpade: That wig is cute on you! And totally lucky with that book! I can't wait to see your progress.

And thanks for the comment. I'm gonna have fun being Dino both in his teacher form and his regular...and suit. Man I'm so multitasking the hell out of the suit I'm going to make!

TYL Basil is gorgeous! If I didn't have so many people from Reborn I want to cosplay, I'd throw him into the list too! All these Reborn characters gotta stop being so awesome and easily cosplayable! I have too much on my plate with my own costumes, my friends, and commissions! Stupid brain...stop thinking about Reborn characters!
Mehdia is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 03-21-2012, 08:05 PM   #16292
Mehdia
The Corset Queen

I'm back again with quick wig tests! This time, it's my new Gokudera wig that finally arrived! I want to trim the bangs just a bit since they were a little obtrusive, but other than that, I love it. It's a lot of different white, silver, and gray fibers, so it's got some nice color dimension to it.

Just the wig
Wig profile
Wig with glasses
Cute ponytail with glasses
Smoking with glasses

Man...so much about those pictures is fake...the wig, the glasses, the cigarette...maybe I'm fake! Nah...but I only use fake cigarettes because I don't smoke...I'm actually very much against smoking, but for the cosplay, I'm willing to use fake cigarettes. And well, the glasses aren't totally fake, but they are such a mild prescription they might as well be (a friend gave them to me a few years back since they were too weak for her anymore and they don't affect my vision that doesn't need glasses).
Unread 03-22-2012, 05:26 AM   #16293
MissLunatic
Someone

Really busy longlong weekend ^^.

@DesertSpade:
I have to agree with Mehdia. The wig in combination with the book look really cute , suits you. And you surprised me with this gifs or vids xD. Thought you were posting just photos.
Looking forward to your finished Fuuta cos .

And sorry, I know that about Fuuta TYL ^^’’. Didn’t really think, but well… height isn’t everything to my mind. Although maybe with such a great difference it would matter to me as well…

About the other wig: It would be perfect for Alaude XD. But I guess I won’t cosplay him, although it would be a little less strange than cosplaying Hibari somehow.

Besides I have worn Dino for the first time and was out shooting with some friends . It was much fun! An interesting change of perspective and feeling. I just need a little more practice to present him well to my mind. It’s a little difficult after such a long time just cosplaying Gokudera regarding the series xD. But Reborn gave me the advice just to be myself and I guess when I don’t think about it, it’s much better.

@Mehdia:
Nice preview pics again.^^ The wig doesn’t look bad. Reminds me of my own .

And about fake: That’s cosplay . I don’t smoke either. Just got some real cigarettes from acquaintances I put into my mouth mostly for fighting pics and that’s that. Regarding glasses it’s the same as for you if I ever wear them with Gokudera. Doesn’t look that great XD. Rather cheat when cosplaying Komui Lee from D.Gray-man.
MissLunatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-22-2012, 05:29 PM   #16294
Mehdia
The Corset Queen

MissLunatic, I totally can't wait to see how your Dino looks! I bet it was fun to do some pictures as him. And I know the feeling of wondering how you will pull off a character, then when you don't think about it, it just happens and it's great.

Thanks for the compliments. I really am happy with my new wig.

Cosplay can cause you to be creative with the fake stuff for sure! I don't know anyone that smokes (I really can't deal with the smell of smoke, it makes me super sick feeling), so the fake cigarettes are perfect. And the ones I have came with a cigarette holder prop I got for Yuuko last year, and they were free. I've been looking for a reason to use them^^ I like wearing the glasses for Gokudera, but don't know how often I will actually use them. Maybe when doing a really casual version of him I will, but if I do his suits or one of his outfits that really stands out, I won't wear them.
Unread 04-04-2012, 10:24 PM   #16295
Blissfulshadow

Ive got 2 outfits for Chrome. Her suit one and in the orange jumpsuits. Im planning on making her green school uniform soon. Plus Ive made her trident...never wanna make one of those again :P
Blissfulshadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-08-2012, 01:45 AM   #16296
JPPTsubomi

Been quite a while since I've rolled around here. Glad to see that this place is still somewhat active. After this year, I'm gonna try and reclaim my place as mammon. I like doing other cosplays but not as much as doing that money loving arcobaleno.

@Blissfulshadow- I tried making the trident and it was a lot harder than I thought and came out a lot worse than I had plan. Props are such a pain in the butt. ^o^
Kateiky Hitman Reborn-Mammon
Kateiky Hitman Reborn-TYL Mukuro Suit ver.
Kateiky Hitman Reborn-Maid Mukuro
Gintama-Okita
GetBackers-Himiko
Future Cosplays
Inu x Boku SS-Ririchiyo
JPPTsubomi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-14-2012, 02:15 PM   #16297
MissLunatic
Someone

Have even to write this a second time now cause my browser got killed in between.

Well anyway, wanted to say that I'm really sorry for this extremely late reply -.-. First I had not really time and then, when I finally had, coscom was down XD. Happy to be finally back though! (Still have to get used and feel comfortable with the new design stuff...)

Uhm about Dino if you really wanna see I can link it for you now. I'm still not sure about that cosplay but it is a lot of fun to be sure. Wore it very spontaneously to a con lately cause I didn't know if I could go and it is quite comfortable.^^ It's a very good feeling to cosplay him somehow
http://animexx.onlinewelten.com/cosplay/324561/

That's true.^^ It's all about faking somehow or how to come close to the real thing at least ^^.

Oh besides don't know if I told yet: On another con before we cosplayed from the episode in which Bianchi wants to marry Reborn xD Was really much fun! Although a very casual cosplay again for me anyway.^^ For aneki it was different xD.

I see. The glasses don't really compliment his suit that much. Most times they are a rather comical elment.
Besides: Do you think he really needs them? Or that he just puts them on for show? A thing I still can't really decide on. It would be rather bad for his skills since he is a mid-range fighter... buuut if it was only for reading... uff no idea...

Edit: Damn ^^'' I forgot. I wanted to thank you for your nice comment as well, Mehdia Really happy that you like it ^-^.

Last edited by MissLunatic : 05-14-2012 at 03:42 PM.
Unread 05-16-2012, 02:40 PM   #16298
teneraestnox

That's a very cool Dino, MissLunatic! I like your Enzo.

I recently went to Acen as Tsuna and my wife as Gokudera from the Choice arc. Mostly because they were the easiest to throw together. I had a really good time! We had too little time. I was surprised at how many people recognized us, but I am going to attribute it all to the little plush Uri and Natsu we had. They're adorable and fun to carry around!

There were so few Reborn cosplayers! I think I saw a grand total of two others, though granted we missed the photoshoot. But I've caught the bug, my next grand adventure will be Hibari's Vongola Gear. I don't know what it is, but I just.... want to make a really big BIRD on the inside of my coat that no one will see.
teneraestnox is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-16-2012, 07:56 PM   #16299
Mehdia
The Corset Queen

@MissLunatic: I love your Dino. You look really cute and I love all the tattoos. Those are such a part of him that it just isn't right without them.

@teneraestnox: The bug can bite quite hard. I have yet to wear any of my costumes out yet (mostly because they aren't complete) but I'm excited about all my Reborn costumes. I have a friend who will be Tsuna and Lambo with me whenever I'm Gokudera and Reborn respectively. Don't know what she will choose when I'm Dino or Hibari, but it will be fun no matter what.
Unread 05-31-2012, 09:25 AM   #16300
MissLunatic
Someone

@teneraestnox:
Many thanks i decided on the plushie cause I just got spammed a link before I wanted to make Enzo out of fimo light xD. It's cuter this way somehow
I'll pass this comment on to him

I don't think it is strange that you got recognized. The hair styles are very recognizeable especially if you cosplay these two together. Although the box animals help too, yes xD.
I love Uri as well *-*. A friend cosplayed her/him (?) in "adult" form last weekend and that was just plainly awesome .

Oh forgot: Few? I'd like to boast a little although last weekend I really messed up as organisator of a photoshoot and event -.-
This was not the whole group since some ppl always had to come and go -.-, some arrived hours later only and we didn't stay together for much longer than taking this pic ...
http://animexx.onlinewelten.com/cosplay/302315/8959600/
(besides nearly only future arc characters, there still were others at the con too... spotted some Simon e.g.)

Good luck with your gear! They are so much work, every single one of them.
Funny that the bird pattern's attracting you xDDD. But sometimes we fall in love for strange reasons. xD Why am I working on Vongola gear o.O'' I don't know ^^'''... maybe just cause of the fact that I haven't seen a welldone one of Gokudera yet -.- Not that I'm sure how it will turn out... but still... it's shame.

@Mehdia:
Really happy that you like it And I aggree 100%. Cosplaying him without tattoos there is missing a great part.

Last edited by MissLunatic : 05-31-2012 at 10:25 AM.
Unread 12-02-2012, 01:14 AM   #16301
sassyesquire
Sassy

Wao hello~ adsgfdhahdf yes this is all lovely to see ahaa
Well anyway, um im planning a Squalo cosplay in the future (including tylsqualo eventually too) and possibly Chrome too~ Im really excited for it!
sassyesquire is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-02-2012, 01:12 PM   #16302
LluviaSarcasm
Tall, Dark and Bishoujo

Am I'm happy to finally have gotten pictures of my Mukuro cosplay, soon also some with a Hibari. >w<
I still want to do more Mukuro versions, 2 from the Colore artbook, one TYL artwork were he wears these overknee boots and just basic TYL.

Still want to do Hibari and maaaybe adult Lal Mirch as well.
In progress:
| Tooru Oikawa - 95%| Cronus Ampora - 90%|
| Homura Akemi - 80%| Nagito Komaeda - 55%|
| Loki Laevatein - 50%|
~ ♥ ~
| Tumblr | deviantART | Cosplay plans | WorldCosplay | Cure |
LluviaSarcasm is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-10-2012, 06:50 AM   #16303
MissLunatic
Someone

Hey,
it had become so quiet here that. Happy that someone has stopped this silence.
@sassyesquire:
Squalo and Chrome are a really interesting combination xD.
@LluviaSarcasm:
Just curious: What do you mean by Colore back! ?

Somehow ppl come and go here and I still stick to the same char mostly. *shrugs* Finished my Vongola Gear meanwhile and going to work on Gokudera's CAI version (from Melonebase) next.
I still wish to cosplay Lal as well in her Future Arc version , lately got me the goggles finally. But I guess it will be spring till I'm going to cosplay her. (Otherwise too cold anyway.)

Upcoming:
Hotohori (Fushigi Yuugi)
Young Griff (A Song of Ice and Fire - A Dance with Dragons)
Superbi Squalo (KH Reborn!)
Arianne Martell (A Song of Ice and Fire)
Shoryu (Log Horizon)
Sharrkan (Magi - The Labyrinth of Magic)
Ryoga Hibiki (Ranma 1/2)
Rokudo Mukuro (7 Gods of Luck) (KH Reborn!)

Upgrading:
Kagari Shusei (Psycho-Pass)
Okita Souji (Hakuouki)
Unread 12-10-2012, 08:58 AM   #16304
LluviaSarcasm
Tall, Dark and Bishoujo

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissLunatic View Post
@LluviaSarcasm:
Just curious: What do you mean by Colore back! ?
Oh, I just mean that I want to do the version of him on the Reborn Colore artbook back cover.^^
In progress:
| Tooru Oikawa - 95%| Cronus Ampora - 90%|
| Homura Akemi - 80%| Nagito Komaeda - 55%|
| Loki Laevatein - 50%|
~ ♥ ~
| Tumblr | deviantART | Cosplay plans | WorldCosplay | Cure |
LluviaSarcasm is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-10-2012, 09:16 AM   #16305
MissLunatic
Someone

Quote:
Originally Posted by LluviaSarcasm View Post
Oh, I just mean that I want to do the version of him on the Reborn Colore artbook back cover.^^
Oh, Ok, google just hepled me to find out xD. Didn't remember that version and sadly I don't own the artbook up till now. Interesting idea besides to cosplay this one.

Upcoming:
Hotohori (Fushigi Yuugi)
Young Griff (A Song of Ice and Fire - A Dance with Dragons)
Superbi Squalo (KH Reborn!)
Arianne Martell (A Song of Ice and Fire)
Shoryu (Log Horizon)
Sharrkan (Magi - The Labyrinth of Magic)
Ryoga Hibiki (Ranma 1/2)
Rokudo Mukuro (7 Gods of Luck) (KH Reborn!)

Upgrading:
Kagari Shusei (Psycho-Pass)
Okita Souji (Hakuouki)