Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Anime/Manga > Katekyo Hitman Reborn!

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 397 votes, 4.99 average.
Unread 11-20-2008, 10:08 PM   #556
Capt_Lucifer
Night Valian

@ Terasu - I dont cosplay Xanxus but if I were you i'd check ebay. I know a lot of people dont trust it, but if you know how to use it its a great resource for cosplay.
Capt_Lucifer is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 11-20-2008, 10:25 PM   #557
eebanee
HURRR DUUUR

@Audhulma: Yes, I was thinking Shouichi too because characters with glasses are more convenient, but I can always wear contacts XD I as also thinking of Chikusa on that same idea.

@Ichibi: Really?! Thats somewhat of a complement to me XD Finding her hair color in a wig would be a pain in the butt though, browning pinkish...Hummmmm.
eebanee is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-22-2008, 11:57 AM   #558
Ichibi
Gimmical Impact

Quote:
Originally Posted by eebanee View Post
@Ichibi: Really?! Thats somewhat of a complement to me XD Finding her hair color in a wig would be a pain in the butt though, browning pinkish...Hummmmm.
Haha np ^^
Yeah the wigs a pain....
i attempted Bianchi a few months back but abandoned it; i did a practice on an old wig though; got a white one and mixed the dye up myself using pink/brown sharpies ^^

Next Events
Otascotia Club Night - August 8th
London Expo - October
London Expo - May
Auchinawa - November 2010
Ichibi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-23-2008, 10:27 PM   #559
JenniferPlague
Hvađ meinarđu?

Quote:
Originally Posted by eebanee View Post
@Audhulma: Yes, I was thinking Shouichi too because characters with glasses are more convenient, but I can always wear contacts XD I as also thinking of Chikusa on that same idea.

I dyed my wig for Chrome using the spray method, and it turned out fine! You just need (Is Bianche's hair pink or brown or grey? @_@) a light-coloured wig, ink, rubbing alcohol, a spray bottle, gloves, and a place to do it!

For me, the only place I actually got any dye on me was the knees of my jeans, because I was tired of squatting so I leaned on them in a patch of grass that had a little dye. That's okay, those jeans needed to be thrown away anyway. XD My wig went from pink to darkish purple...
JenniferPlague is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-24-2008, 12:09 PM   #560
Xailyn
In ur blog, takin it over

I've moved on to my next KHR cosplay because Gamma's close to being done.
Doing Leonardo now, and I'm a little lost on one thing. Belts. They look like they're those clip buckles seen on backpacks, but I can't really tell. Would I have to make the belts the same fabric as those backpack straps or, or can I use another fabric?

@____@ Someone stop me from making like...my eighth cosplay.

Movie Ticket Prussia(APH)-95%
Austrian Succession Prussia(APH)-40%
Character CD Prussia(APH)-100%
Agni (Kuroshitsuji)-20%
Ramona Flowers (Scott Pilgrim)-80%
Makoto (TWEWY)-75%
East Prussia(APH Fanon)-100%
Luxembourg(APH Fanon)-45%
Panzer Prussia (APH)-95%

orz So much Hetalia!!

"Welcome to the APH fandom. Where we all schlick to countries beating the shit out of each other. Except for those few guys who get to fap."[/size]
Xailyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-24-2008, 03:24 PM   #561
benihime
Kimono Queen

um picture? i honestly can't remember gamma's outfit

i got my goku wig the other day. i'll start working on it some time. it's white and i want it light grey so i'm going to dye it.

i love dying wigs, i've never had a problem with it. wigs are my forte i think.

but in a couple of months (i need a cosplay break)
i'll start working on TYL mukuro. but i'll probably get bored with life and start working on the trident earlier XD

i gotta save up for those contacts O:

WORKING ON
Haruka (idolm@ster 2)

NEXT CONVENTIONS
A-kon in Dallas, TX

WEBSITE
DEVIANTART FACEBOOK
TUMBLR

benihime is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-24-2008, 08:14 PM   #562
FridayThirte3n

x_______x My friends have convinced me to cosplay the Irie Shouichi to their Spanner and Byakuran for Anime Evolution 2009. I'm so nervous. D: I haven't seen that much Reborn! I don't know how to behave or what expression to put on! *flaps hands nervously*

And since I'm most likely going to end up making both Shouichi and Byakuran's outfits, I've got to get about eight million reference pictures and then run down to Fabricland next time they have a fabric sale. Hopefully that'll be before my friend decides she wants to buy their clothes. >o> I hate buying cosplays because it makes me feel like the whole spirit and point of the cosplay is lost. *scours Fabricland's website* You Americans have no idea how lucky you guys are to have so many fabric stores lying around. I swear, Fabricland is the only place I know of in British Columbia, and it has such little selection.

What kind of fabric do you reckon Byakuran and Shouichi's outfits are made from?
FridayThirte3n is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-24-2008, 08:48 PM   #563
navigated
Derp.

First time poster in the KHR thread, I've been debating and debating over who I could do, as I don't really have the time or money to do more than one. I think I finally decided (see: was cohered) on Shouichi. Partially because I did initially want to do Byakuran, but I'd make a horrible one, so I could still make the uniform and potentially make a decent Shou. Though it is quite possible I will change my mind at least 6 other times after this.

I think I'm going to make the shirt he's wearing in the most recent spread, mostly because it looks like an angry tampon and that amuses me. But opinion time, I've seen cosplayers with a wide variety of glasses for Shou, so I'm not entirely sure which way to go on that, I have these glasses - which are kind of old mannish, but still huge and dorky like his, these and these. Which are less accurate, but I've noticed a lot of cosplayers use glasses similar to these. Opinions?

navigated is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-24-2008, 08:51 PM   #564
Xailyn

Quote:
Originally Posted by benihime View Post
um picture? i honestly can't remember gamma's outfit
Well, I'm good on Gamma. It's Leo I'm concerned about. But he really doesn't need a reference. He's just in the White Spell uniform, with that bitchin' top. <3

Agni (Kuroshitsuji)-20%
Makoto (TWEWY)-75%
Panzer Prussia (APH)-95%

orz So much Hetalia!!

"Welcome to the APH fandom. Where we all schlick to countries beating the shit out of each other. Except for those few guys who get to fap."[/size]
Unread 11-24-2008, 08:55 PM   #565
navigated
Derp.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xailyn View Post
Well, I'm good on Gamma. It's Leo I'm concerned about. But he really doesn't need a reference. He's just in the White Spell uniform, with that bitchin' top. <3
I believe they are sold as "Parachute clips", which as far as I've been able to tell is what their buckles on the White Spell uniforms. You can get the same sort of belting that are on backpacks at joanns, in both polyester and cotton, but if you wanted the belts to be made of the same stuff your coat would be, it'd work just the same.

Unread 11-24-2008, 09:37 PM   #566
Varnani
MY CABBAGES

Navigated- I like the silver rims, they look like what he's wearing in this:
http://i307.photobucket.com/albums/n...r/shouichi.jpg
Varnani is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-26-2008, 02:11 AM   #567
shadownet752
the beat is on

with glasses you kinda just have to go with what you think looks best
on another note i'll just leave these varia costume pictures here heh heh heh... VARIA
Unread 11-26-2008, 02:15 AM   #568
Xailyn

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadownet752 View Post
on another note i'll just leave these varia costume pictures here heh heh heh... VARIA
...You are extreme like dinosaurs exploding.
Ryouhei...AAAAAAAND LUSSURIA.
GOD I WANT YOU. <3
You own so much face, you know that?

Agni (Kuroshitsuji)-20%
Makoto (TWEWY)-75%
Panzer Prussia (APH)-95%

orz So much Hetalia!!

Unread 11-26-2008, 02:24 AM   #569
navigated
Derp.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadownet752 View Post
Oh I'm willing to find others if none of those would suffice. I was just wanting some input on them, to see if even any of them would be acceptable.

Also your Lussuria wig is impressive.

Unread 11-26-2008, 03:22 AM   #570
SabienStrange
likes italian sharks

aifnea fkmnea[ug ebafe
God no internet for days has been killing my lack of a life. D8
But on the brighter side, I finally collected the funds to finish my Varia jacket for Squalo. =D
And damn this man's hair...why does every character I choose have to have LONG WHITE HAIR.
Cosworx failed me. They had every color in the wig length I needed, but decided Platinum White wasn't a special enough color to have on there. Dx

@navigated: You know for glasses? You might try diving around thrift store's. I've seen those really thickish colored frames there countless times. o_o
But if that's not an option, then I'd go with the large silver frames you had up there.

@shadownet752: HoShitlz~! You did Lussy.
You are now made of instant win [just add water]
SabienStrange is offline   Reply With Quote