Go Back   Cosplay.com > US Convention Forums > Costume-Con

Closed Thread
Unread 03-26-2008, 02:11 AM   #1
Eurobeat King
Justified Photographer

Countdown to Costume Con 2008

With about a month to go until Costume Con, how's everyone's plans for the con going? Please reply to let others know:

-that you'll be able to attend (for one day or the entire weekend)

-what costume(s) you'll be wearing (if you wish to say)

-how your costume(s) are coming along (if you want to share)

-what event(s) you're looking forward to at the con?

For me, I'm going and will go for the entire weekend or else just Friday-Sunday.

Probably not going to cosplay that weekend and just take pictures of everyone.

Events? Since this will be a new con-experience, I'll try to go to different cosplay events and take pictures, and have a lot of fun!

See you all in a month!
"This is your job. You want a clear conscience, go start a charity. But if you want your own photography business, and your cosplayer boss says you gotta go out there and take a photo-shoot, go out there, take it, come back to work, and say "DO YOU NEED ME TO DO IT AGAIN?!!"

Last edited by Eurobeat King : 09-20-2008 at 08:13 AM.

Unread 03-26-2008, 02:48 PM   #2
Sarcasm-hime
bead addict

I'll be there for the whole weekend!

Costumes: not sure yet, probably one of my bellydance costumes, a kimono or two, maybe Kendappa, Jasmin, Arwen or Morpheus, and the costume I'm entering in the Historical Masquerade.

Progress on the above: coming along, still have a lot of work to do. *sigh*

I'm looking forward to the Friday Night Social, even though I have no Victorian underwear, and the bellydance party. And the kimono gathering. And all the panels. And, well, pretty much everything.

The International Costuming Convention is returning to Toronto Canada!
4 Days! 4 Masquerades! Shopping, Tours, Parties, Costuming Panels and Classes, Cosplay, Props, Doll Show & Competitions, Steampunk, Sci-fi, Fantasy, and so much more!

the den of sarcasm - my website
Magpie Creations - jewellery and wa-loli accessories
Unread 03-26-2008, 08:41 PM   #3
khenemetset
Wild, simply wild...

The whole weekend. It should be a blast especially considering we're coming in early and then leaving the Tuesday after. Hoping to get some time in there for other things.

Costumes: I'm not really entirely sure yet. Duelists of the Roses Yugi (Yu-Gi-Oh) for sure because we know I never go to any con without some version of him. Rody from Suikoden III possibly. Might bring the yukata or maybe not. I wish we could bring Pharaoh Tutankhamun and Lord Meren but there's no way the diadem would be able to make it intact I don't think no matter what I do to see that it would. RaDragon and mine's Sci-fi/fantasy masquerade costume which will be the only new costume that will be debuting there.

The only things that aren't done is what we're doing for the masquerade. It's still in progress. It's almost done though.

I'm looking forward to it all.
Unread 03-26-2008, 10:14 PM   #4
Buddycat
Assistant ICG Archivist

Hey! You guys didn't say you were going! Cool! There'll be more SLUTs there than we thought.

Unfortunately, I'll be travelling light, given most of my stuff is way to bulky for a flight. It'll be mostly costume-themed clothes that are easily packed. My one competition costume is partially being transported by friends.

EurobeatKing: Looking forward to meeting you. You do good work. I've been amazed by your prolific output and quality of photos.

Quote:
Originally Posted by khenemetset View Post
The whole weekend. It should be a blast especially considering we're coming in early and then leaving the Tuesday after. Hoping to get some time in there for other things.

https://www.youtube.com/user/ICGArchives

Also visit the International Costumers Gallery: http://www.costume.org/gallery2/main.php
Unread 03-26-2008, 10:21 PM   #5
khenemetset
Wild, simply wild...

Yeah, we'll be there. Just trying to figure out how to transport some stuff. Wigs, masks and other fragile bits. Not sure if I want to ship them to the hotel (?) or what yet.
Unread 03-26-2008, 10:52 PM   #6
RaDragon76
Outlaw Robin

Buddycat- Yes, we're going. I wasn't sure we could at first but it worked out so we decided to go.

EBK: I'll be there all weekend.

Planned Costumes: Duelist of the Roses Mokuba from the Yu-Gi-Oh DotR video game, possibly Sagiri from Suikoden V, contest entry for the Sci/Fantasy Masquerade, possibly a yukata if it fits in with the rest.

Progress: Everything is ready except finishing touches on the contest costume, finishing the shirt for Roses Mokuba and some quick repairs on Sagiri's shoes.

Last edited by RaDragon76 : 03-27-2008 at 02:26 AM.
Unread 03-26-2008, 10:57 PM   #7
Gravely

Wasn't sure we'd make it for a while, but we'll be there.
Gotsta be there to get everyone up for coming east next year.

Gravely and Grizelda have their underwear all ready(scary)
and Karen is knocking herself out on yet another Allison Kondo Fashion show piece

looking forward to all the new folks, and the huge amount of old farts that seem to be coming, and getting to chat with our punkin girl,
kaijugal

Gravely
owner of Castle Blood the most interactive, costume friendly haunted house anywhere.
Co-Chair Costume-Con 27 ( 2009) Baltimore,Maryland
Cosplay Guest of Honor, Anime North, Toronto, May 2009,2010
founding president NJ/NY chapter ICG
2004 recipient ICG Lifetime Achievement Award
http://www.facebook.com/gravely.maccabre
Unread 03-27-2008, 12:02 AM   #8
Sarcasm-hime
bead addict

I am so bummed that I had no time to make anything for the Fashion Folio this year. So many neat designs...*pout*

4 Days! 4 Masquerades! Shopping, Tours, Parties, Costuming Panels and Classes, Cosplay, Props, Doll Show & Competitions, Steampunk, Sci-fi, Fantasy, and so much more!

Unread 03-27-2008, 03:26 PM   #9
BoinkCoBoy
Kevin Roche, CC26 Chair

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarcasm-hime View Post
I am so bummed that I had no time to make anything for the Fashion Folio this year. So many neat designs...*pout*
I'm doing one as a doll. The miniature versions can still be paraded down the runway, whether by you, a minion or other stage ninja.
Documented Costumer since 1968 (No! Really!)

One of the founders of the International Costumers Guild
Member of the ICG Fairness Guidelines Committee
Recipient, 2007 ICG Lifetime Achievement Award

My Journal: Adventures of an Urban Jungleboy
Unread 04-04-2008, 08:40 AM   #10
Eurobeat King
Justified Photographer

3 weeks to go!

I might bring my Trowa Barton (Mariemaya-uniform) costume to wear for one day, but not sure yet since i'm not staying at the hotel each night.

Does anyone know what time the con begins on Friday? Just want to have an idea of how early to be there. Thanks!
"This is your job. You want a clear conscience, go start a charity. But if you want your own photography business, and your cosplayer boss says you gotta go out there and take a photo-shoot, go out there, take it, come back to work, and say "DO YOU NEED ME TO DO IT AGAIN?!!"
Unread 04-04-2008, 05:41 PM   #11
Efecss

Well, I am goingto be there the whole weekend. Showing my cosplay videos I have gotten from Japan

I may even bring my copy of COSPLAY COMPLEX (If I can find it)

I am working on my Dark Arcannine costume for one of the masquerades. And something for the Future Fashion Show, for the League of Evil Guineuses...(I know its not spelled right..)

I am trying to dig out Crow and Servo for our MST-3Kombat costumes, and the Villiage Hidden in the Shadows of the Front Seats of the Theater gang... I may just wind up coming as the MANOSkage...
Unread 04-06-2008, 03:17 PM   #12
BoinkCoBoy
Kevin Roche, CC26 Chair

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eurobeat King View Post
3 weeks to go!

Does anyone know what time the con begins on Friday? Just want to have an idea of how early to be there. Thanks!
Official con program begins just before noon. We've made space for the annual ICG meeting at 10am on Friday.

If the Dealers are ready early, they may open the room early.

In addition, I believe Marshall is planning one of the tech-junk-shopping tours for Friday morning. Check out the Tours page under Hotel and Travel.

Our current version of the schedule is viewable at https://www.cc26.info/interactive/show_schedule.php

(If you get an error message, it's due to an annoying security setting between the entrance and the interactive portion of the site, designed to prevent bots from scamming our forms. Go to http://www.cc26.info, click on "Program and Exhibits", then the top two items in the left menu will display our list of items and the current state of the schedule.)
Documented Costumer since 1968 (No! Really!)

One of the founders of the International Costumers Guild
Member of the ICG Fairness Guidelines Committee
Recipient, 2007 ICG Lifetime Achievement Award

My Journal: Adventures of an Urban Jungleboy
Unread 04-07-2008, 11:50 AM   #13
Eurobeat King
Justified Photographer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoinkCoBoy View Post
Official con program begins just before noon. We've made space for the annual ICG meeting at 10am on Friday.
I'll be there before noon then, if not sooner. Thanks!

edit: less than a week to go!

Turns out I'm only going to be there Friday-Sunday, as I have to work on Monday.. should be a fun 3 days, tho!

Last edited by Eurobeat King : 04-19-2008 at 03:50 PM.
Unread 04-21-2008, 10:22 PM   #14
Eurobeat King
Justified Photographer

4 more days to go! I hope I get over this cold I've had for a week now, and getting sunburned by this past weekend's Cherry Blossom Festival Parade didn't help..

I decided not to cosplay, but just take pictures of cosplayers for the 3 days that I'm there, so look for me and say hi if I don't spot you first.

See you Friday!
Unread 04-22-2008, 10:55 AM   #15
Sarcasm-hime
bead addict

OMG STRESS! *trying to get everything ready*

Closed Thread