Go Back   Cosplay.com > US Convention Forums > Others

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 03-27-2008, 08:31 AM   #1
Artikgato
9 Years of Cosplay!

NashiCon: Mini Convention in Columbia, SC

Hi there everybody! Thanks to everyone who showed up (and even those who couldn't, but offered moral support!). The con was a huge success, and the general consensus of the staff members is we're doing it again next year!

At the end of the day we ended up with a final count of 225 people registered - which was 125 more than even the optimists expected. The convention also got covered in today's issue of our college's daily newspaper in both a news story and the entertainment section.

We've been finding photo albums, youtube videos, con reports, and other related media all over the internet, and linking to them on the website. If you'd like to see them, here's the link: http://www.geocities.com/clubnashilibrary/nashicon.html

Thanks again to everybody who attended, and look forward to Nashicon 2009!

Otakon: August 9-11th
Anime Weekend Atlanta: September 27th-29th

Otakon Cosplay Line-up:

Serena: Pokémon XY
Elsie: The World Only God Knows
Viola: Pokémon XY
Rider: Fate/Stay Night
Yolei: Digimon Adventure 02

Last edited by Artikgato : 04-16-2008 at 08:38 AM. Reason: Nashicon 2008 is over!
Artikgato is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 03-27-2008, 09:57 PM   #2
YourSpilledMilk
eats poems.

Just wanted to say that I am coming to this amazing South Carolina mini-convention (praise the congods cause SC needs this!) and I shall be bringing with me many cosplayers and anime fans!! <3
YourSpilledMilk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-27-2008, 11:26 PM   #3
Artikgato
9 Years of Cosplay!

Quote:
Originally Posted by YourSpilledMilk View Post
Just wanted to say that I am coming to this amazing South Carolina mini-convention (praise the congods cause SC needs this!) and I shall be bringing with me many cosplayers and anime fans!! <3
Awesome, we're looking forward to seeing you! Could you give us an estimate of how many people you're bringing with you? Not that we're trying to discourage you from bringing a large group - far from it, actually. Bring as many as you want to!

Otakon: August 9-11th
Anime Weekend Atlanta: September 27th-29th

Otakon Cosplay Line-up:

Serena: Pokémon XY
Elsie: The World Only God Knows
Viola: Pokémon XY
Rider: Fate/Stay Night
Yolei: Digimon Adventure 02
Artikgato is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-28-2008, 12:20 AM   #4
Zipchan

*flails*

I can't wait until this happens. =D
Zipchan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-28-2008, 02:39 AM   #5
Tigress
Bitch-Kitty on Wheels

Funnily enough, I'm going to be at USC the following week... for the Magic pre-release.

For those going, have fun. And I'll see some of you the weekend after.

One of the most basic rules for survival on any planet is never to upset someone wearing black leather. (This is why protesters against the wearing of animal skins by humans unaccountably fail to throw their paint over Hell's Angels.) -- Terry Pratchett
Tigress is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-28-2008, 05:45 AM   #6
Samuchan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artikgato View Post
Awesome, we're looking forward to seeing you! Could you give us an estimate of how many people you're bringing with you? Not that we're trying to discourage you from bringing a large group - far from it, actually. Bring as many as you want to!
FINALLY. A CON IN SOUTH CAROLINA.

Haha. I'm one of those people, actually! There's quite a few of us here in SC in desperate need of a con! Thank the heavens there's at least something here! So yes. Expect...Oh I dunno....6 or 7 of us? Possibly more.

And again, thank you so much for putting forth effort to make this con! It'll be so much easier driving there compared to the cons in Atlanta. 8D
Unread 03-28-2008, 01:48 PM   #7
Morluna
Cyborg Seamstress

It's about time!

I've spent the last five years traveling to Georgia and up and down the East coast for cons, and I'm quite proud to finally see one forming in my own hometown!

I really wish I could come out, but I'll be starting a weekend job quite soon so I doubt I'll be able to get up to Columbia that weekend. Nonetheless, I shall pass on the word to anyone I know! I wish you guys the best of luck with your plans!

Anachrocon: Feb 25 - 26
Momocon: March 12 - 13

My Cosplay Blog
Morluna is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-29-2008, 02:03 AM   #8
Skyletsun
South-CarolinaBoy

Yyyyyyyeeeeess!!

oh my god!! finally im with everyone else who already posted to this!!! im soooo happy

^_______^ seriously I get to go to a convention next next week hehe I can't wait, I already set that day aside and the lucky thing it is on a saturday and I don't have to work so im very happy about that. I'm gonna bring one friend so im sorry to say but I won't be bringing too many people, but im sure that he will invite more then I do so probably 5 or so from us all together.

im going to be taking pics of this day more then really cosplaying, but i'll do my best to cosplay someone atleast lol no point if I dont dress up so yea. hehe again I can't wait

And the picnics sounds like a really good idea, im sure that we will try to bring some food also, not sure if it will fit in my car or his whoever we take I guess but well do out best to see what we can help in.

Again:

Thanks for holding a convention in this quiet little state lol

ooh and if anyone wants a ride from around north charleston, well try to help

^_^ laters
Unread 03-29-2008, 08:20 AM   #9
Regena
Femme Fatale

*cries* i wanna go.....first gotta see what my schedule looks like, if i can get that day off..then im not sure how i would get back and forthe, b/c the whole once car thing!!

I dunt even know how far columbia is from NC, lol...just glanced at my schedule and i am workin, but i can possible get off!!idk

Last edited by Regena : 03-29-2008 at 08:31 AM.
Regena is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-29-2008, 08:34 AM   #10
Zipchan

Hey guys!

Just thought I'd let you all know that I've posted three very important forms on the NashiCon Web site. The registration form, the cosplay contest form, and the weapons policy/registration are up now, so check it out!

(All of these are direct links to the pdf files, so you'll need Adobe Reader or some sort of pdf reader to see the files.)
Registration Form
Cosplay Contest Rules and Registration
Weapons Policy and Registration

Last edited by Zipchan : 03-29-2008 at 08:38 AM.
Unread 03-29-2008, 04:30 PM   #11
F.K.A.Freya
Rave or Die

OooO! Me! Me!
I'm coming! And I wanna enter the costume contest! IT sounds like so much fun! I'm going to bring 3 people with me!
FINALLY! A con in SC! I'm so stoked!!
*Dances a merry jig in her game room*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zipchan View Post
Hey guys!

Just thought I'd let you all know that I've posted three very important forms on the NashiCon Web site. The registration form, the cosplay contest form, and the weapons policy/registration are up now, so check it out!

(All of these are direct links to the pdf files, so you'll need Adobe Reader or some sort of pdf reader to see the files.)
Registration Form
Cosplay Contest Rules and Registration
Weapons Policy and Registration
Will these forms be at the registration desk or should we print them out at home, fill them out, and bring them with us? Just curious.

AH...Freya feels stupid. *reads the website thing*
Yes...ok...Freya will print out the appropriate forms...and bring them with her...

The Nashi Con flier is really cute...can I color it...?
Let Freya explain: Freya wants to print out the flier and post it in a small anime club she's in but she likes coloring things...she has to ask permission first of course...

I'm interested in (mainly) male friends in the South Carolina area. I'm cool with girls too. PM if you wanna talk.

Last edited by Michi : 03-30-2008 at 08:19 PM. Reason: merging 4 posts in a row
F.K.A.Freya is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-29-2008, 05:56 PM   #12
Zipchan

Aww, thanks! ^_^ Feel free to color it! If you want to use the character's original colors, she has a green, yellow and black color scheme, but feel free to color it however you like! If you can, post a copy. I'd love to see it!
Unread 03-29-2008, 06:14 PM   #13
F.K.A.Freya
Rave or Die

I finished coloring it (I didn't do the right color scheme though...)
How do I post it??

I'm interested in (mainly) male friends in the South Carolina area. I'm cool with girls too. PM if you wanna talk.
F.K.A.Freya is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-29-2008, 06:21 PM   #14
Sapharia
hajima~

I might possibly come and bring one or two of my friends.
Sapharia is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-29-2008, 08:46 PM   #15
!*Jessi-Chan*!
Teach Me, Miss Litchi!

*points to sig* I think it's quite possible that i'll be going. LOL

Also, trying to rope the CCU Japanese club into going so if anyone lives in the Myrtle Beach, Conway, or Florence area and want to catch a ride to Nashicon, just let me know like NOW and we'll see what we can do. I'm the only cosplayer in my club though, but i'll be bringing my Esther Blanchett costume and possibly something else (since being in that costume all day will be MURDER)

Can i just say that i am so excited about this. It's ABOUT TIME that SC gets a convention and CCU thought we'd be the first to try and do it. haha. Glad USC beat us to it (bigger school, more funds ^_^)

I can post after our meeting monday to give an appox. number of how many of us are coming. Right now the only definites i have are me and (quite possibly) my boyfriend. I'm sure quite a few of the club's members will want to go.

EDIT: Will a dress code be enforced? I'm thinking if i bring something else it might be considered skimpy and frowned upon.

Skyletsun: YAY! Are you really gonna come!? Because it would be way too awesome to meet you before Animazement. I hope you can make it.

Regena: Columbia is appox. 3-4 hours from your house. lol. Thing is, you have to pass through my town via I-95 to get there.

Potential Costumes Aisha Clan Clan, WilyKat, Storm

Last edited by !*Jessi-Chan*! : 03-29-2008 at 09:36 PM.
!*Jessi-Chan*! is offline   Reply With Quote