Upon seeing the new Canon camera release:
with built-in beer and idea functions, I have decided to switch to Canon.
This is an one-time, permanent personal decision.
I have arrived to a state which I have not been the inspiration for further artistic pursue. I believe the idea function and being semi-drunk (I drink responsibly) will allow me to achieve the next phase of artistic consciousness, and this is why I am switching to the new Canon D5 MK1.
It is a true shame that I will have to abandon my Nikon gears to accept the D5 Mk1. (People who own both brands of cameras have reported witnessing the camera fight each other while the owners are sleeping.)
Instead of selling the gears on ebay, I think it will be best for me to give those gears to my fellow photographers here on cosplay.com FOR FREE. * (restrictions apply, see bottom for more details)
I am now opening applications for a selected photographer to receive most of my Nikon gears for FREE.
All you need to do is send me an application to my e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
with the following information:
-cosplay.com alias (so I know who you are)
-Most recent transcript (MBA, MFA preferred)
-Portfolio of 10 of your best photos
-DNA profile report within 6 months.
In three words or less, describe why you love cosplay photography.
-Statement of Purpose:
Chose 2 of the 5 following topics and write a 2000-word essay on each of them
1. Assert with reference to quantum mechanics on whether or not it would be possible to go back in time to meet and photograph yourself. Describe what type of camera gear you would use and what modifications you would make to make such photograph possible.
2. Name five elections, rigged or not, that occurred over the past month or is going to take place in the next few weeks, and describe what impact these elections bring to cosplay photography, individually and collectively.
3. Using knowledge in social behavior studies (behavioral microeconomics, sociology, psychology, etc.), describe how either photographers cross-dressing as cosplayers or cosplayers cross-dressing as photographers has affected the cosplay community, and how a ban would ease or amplify the problem or benefits.
4. With indicators of lower consumer spending and a possible recession in the United States economy, explain how these economic trends might affect the attendance of anime conventions in the short-run. Conduct separate analysis for different age groups. (you can chose to omit age groups from 0-5 and 60-)
5. Estimate the market in the United States for anime conventions and cosplay accessories, and whether it would be profitable to start a company specializing in engaging such markets. Perform analysis on existing players in the market and determine whether acquiring one would be a good strategy.
Applications are due April 1, 2008 at 11:59PM (CST)
Winners and honorable mention recipients will enter an arena fight with location and time TBA. A deathmatch will occur in the arena**, and the winner will take all of my Nikon belongings with some exceptions to some old manual focus lens that I now use as paperweight.
No weapons are allowed in the arena; however, individuals can bring in their camera equipment as weapons.
Honorable mentions are only allowed to bring:
-1 SLR body,
-lens up to 200mm and above 24mm focal length.
-1 External Flash,
-2 Sets of battery.
3rd Place is allowed to bring:
-2 SLR bodies,
-Lens up to 400mm,
-2 External Flash.
-3 Sets of battery.
2nd Place is allowed to bring:
-2.5 SLR bodes,
-Lens up to 600mm,
-2.6 External Flash.
-5 Sets of battery.
1st Place is allowed to bring:
-6 SLR bodes,
-Any lens with no focal length restriction,
-Any number of external flash
-No batteries allowed.
Individuals not selected for the deathmatch may participate in the arena with no equipments.
Suggested gears in the arena:
for 2nd, 3rd place, and honorable mentions.
highly recommended for the 1st place winner.
Good luck and may the best contestant win!
and Remember the deadline: April 1, 2008 at 11:59PM (CST)!!!
Must be 18 of age.
Must be a legal US citizen or visa to enter the US.
Must have 65.9% match with my DNA profile because my camera might detonate itself if it detects a different user.
** I am not responsible for any death, injuries that might occur during the process. Contestants are responsible for their own lives and heath.