Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Construction > General Construction Help

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 154 votes, 4.94 average.
Unread 04-27-2008, 06:14 PM   #61
Koisnake
I want some fancy sauce

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoshiSeven View Post
Me and my friends are making Kon, Ririn, Cloud and Nova from Bleach. :3 (Or, rather, I'm making the costumes -.-'')
I'm going to be Kon, and I feel so smart for figuring out how to do the head. :P
Dude, awesome. I love Nova, such a cute little turtle. Looking forward on how they will look like.

On the other note, where do you, yes you, guys purchase all your fur? Just curious.
Koisnake is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 04-27-2008, 07:28 PM   #62
AsianLink
PokéCam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koisnake View Post
Dude, awesome. I love Nova, such a cute little turtle. Looking forward on how they will look like.

On the other note, where do you, yes you, guys purchase all your fur? Just curious.
I get my fur and fleece from the LA fabric district within the fashion district
  • King DeDeDe (Kirby Series, SSBB) 10%
  • Fox McCloud (Starfox series, SSB) 10%
  • Sajin Komamura (Bleach) 90%
  • Jon Talbain 10%
AsianLink is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-27-2008, 07:32 PM   #63
Koisnake
I want some fancy sauce

I normally get my fur from Syfabrics, ImstuffedFur, Distinctive Fabric and sometimes CR's Craft.
Unread 04-27-2008, 07:40 PM   #64
Oshi
Rugged. Like the moon.

Blaziken: CR's Crafts
Moomba: Distinctive Fabric
Lucario: Mendel's

I've done my shopping around, heh. Problem is now I don't really have anything else to make with that knowledge.
Oshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-27-2008, 07:42 PM   #65
Koisnake
I want some fancy sauce

-Ah, I would avoid Mendels. I've heard they're just like Cr's Craft, just heaver priced and has alot of "Fun Fur".

BTW, what fur are you planning to use on Lucario?

What fursuit are you going to bring to Ohayocon, Oshi? That is, if you're going.
Unread 04-27-2008, 08:23 PM   #66
wanabecosplayer

hey i plan on making a faux fur suit of the kyuubi ninetails from naruto... ive seen a couple on this site and on google and youtube, im not too worried about the suit it self but more of the head.. im at a complete loss as to how to make one also im pretty much unable to buy stuff on the internet so i have to go to the local fabricland for the materials could someone point me out to a tutorial on mascot head or something?

-unknown
wanabecosplayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-27-2008, 08:32 PM   #67
Koisnake
I want some fancy sauce

You can find a ton of tutorials on making heads here:
http://matrices.net/fursuiting.asp
http://www.livejournal.com/tools/mem...l?user=fursuit

You may be out of luck when buying fur for Kyuubi, unless you use that nasty curly fur EVERYONE seems to use on fursuits.
Unread 04-27-2008, 08:44 PM   #68
Xwolf Okami
I am kid. Hear me roar.

I know what you mean, Koisnake. All the fabric stores around me seem to ADORE the stuff and always keep it in stock, (in several variations too...) while the good stuff is so sparse, and in so few colours. >.>
Xwolf Okami is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-27-2008, 08:45 PM   #69
wanabecosplayer

thanks for the links

what do you mean curly fur? like poodle fur? that stuff is soft... though i wouldnt use it for a fursuit... I'll probably wait till around halloween theres usually a better selection of fur

-unknown
Unread 04-27-2008, 08:52 PM   #70
Xwolf Okami
I am kid. Hear me roar.

Soft...? The stuff I was talking about (not so sure about Koisnake, though) is pretty gnarly, and kinda greasy looking. There was some soft stuff, like cabbage rose-swirl that I saw (Also, it says the dryer takes out the curls, but when I tried it on a swatch, it didn't.) which looks more like some sort of decorative fabric, rather than fursuit material.
Unread 04-27-2008, 08:58 PM   #71
Koisnake
I want some fancy sauce

Yeah, its like poodle fur. Here are some mascots that used this kind of fur.
http://www.cosplay.com/photo/630008/
http://cgi.ebay.com/1-CURLY-POODLE-F...2em118Q2el1247

Yes, it comes in a wide range of colors, but you shouldn't use it. Its as bad as funfur.
Unread 04-27-2008, 08:59 PM   #72
wanabecosplayer

idk what anyone is talking about anymore >.< scrap the mask ill just make a head band with the ears on it and a fur suit of some sort with 9 tails... bend some coat hangers or something

yea i probably wouldnt use that fur for anything more then a pillow or something...

DX ive got to buy a pattern!?!?! grrr!! how i hate them so much... ive made pj pants... a cloak with them... >.< then again how else would i make one...

-unknown

Last edited by wanabecosplayer : 04-27-2008 at 09:06 PM.
Unread 04-27-2008, 09:04 PM   #73
Koisnake
I want some fancy sauce

Just posted some photos in my previous post.

Exactly, makes Kyuubi look more like a poodle than a fox. A pillow would be excellent, but never on a fursuit, unless it is indeed a poodle of somesort.

Speaking of fur, just bought some lovely grayish-blue fur for my Wolf cosplay and some navy fur for Falco.
Unread 04-27-2008, 09:07 PM   #74
Xwolf Okami
I am kid. Hear me roar.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koisnake View Post
Yeah, its like poodle fur. Here are some mascots that used this kind of fur.
http://www.cosplay.com/photo/630008/
http://cgi.ebay.com/1-CURLY-POODLE-F...2em118Q2el1247

Yes, it comes in a wide range of colors, but you shouldn't use it. Its as bad as funfur.
I've seen that around. I never thought to use it for a fursuit, It doesn't look very fursuit-y to me, unless of course, your character has some serious curls in their fur.

The stuff I was talking about is radically different. It looks like someone took some wavy fun fur to a pile of sweaty fanboys. The stuff is really gross to touch. D: And it's in such an obnoxious yellow..

EDIT: Make that sweaty fanboys who came back from the movies after watching some fanboy film...and eating extra-buttery popcorn and cheesy pizza...with nachos.

Last edited by Xwolf Okami : 04-27-2008 at 09:11 PM.
Unread 04-27-2008, 09:10 PM   #75
Koisnake
I want some fancy sauce

Yeah, when it comes to fur, expect to pay $15 or more. The internet is one of the best place, no, thee best place to purchase fur.

You can always send money-orders to get fur, wanabecosplayer. Most fursuit suppliers accept them. Go ahead and search around your local fabric stores, you might find something useable. Though, most of the time they are limited in their selection. If they do not carry what you are looking for, try online and send money-order their way.

Though, before ordering, always ask for a sample swatch. If your sure, shoot me the link and I'll tell you if its a reliable place or not.