Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Anime/Manga > Air Gear

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 04-16-2008, 02:52 PM   #1
Lyris
TwirlZ

Question Air Gear - Air Treks

I don't know if its really possible, or even how long it might take, expecially with someone with the inexperience that I have, but does anyone have any suggestions for functioning ATs. Not all high speed power or anything, just like normy blades.
I want to refrain from using blades;however, becuase roller blades are very long and slim, whereas ATs are much shorter and bulkier with larger fewer wheels.
Lyris is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 04-16-2008, 03:17 PM   #2
chris-chan
the one and only

if you scroll down the page, youll find a huge (over 400 post) thread on making functional AT's. right now its mainly a R&D thread with some idas, and there should be two prototypes by the beginning of next school year, but it should point you in the right direction. i personally believe that every page should be read.
chris-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-16-2008, 03:31 PM   #3
Lyris
TwirlZ

lol, yes thank you. I just read most of it and posted.
I came accross your thread after I posted mine.
I love wht you guy are trying to accomplish, but for right now I'd like simple pop off non motor powered ATs.
I will try to keep updated with you guys tho, you've got some awesome ideas going on in that thread. Hope things work out.
The main thing is I need them by AX, beginning of July, so I figure motor powered ones aren't for me just yet.
Lyris is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-16-2008, 07:39 PM   #4
chris-chan
the one and only

ah, in that case, i think theres a thread for non-motorized AT's in here somewhere. good luck, and thanks. i figured id probably use the final AT i make as a example to get into colege for engineering.
chris-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-28-2009, 08:01 PM   #5
KazuFlameKing

lol all your attempts are funny because i have blue prints for the AT'S already they wont let you fly just yet but if i do it right they will go up to about 25-30 mph and soon after i am done with that im gona make it were you will soon enough be able to climb walls with it message me and ill tell you of the progress
KazuFlameKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-28-2009, 09:08 PM   #6
Idle_Time

http://blogs.myspace.com/index.cfm?f...074911767006ML
i posted this in the tutorials thread a long time ago, its tutorial in a myspace blog on making AT's it seems pretty good, but personally i would change the shape of it just a little so that the wheels were more tword the toes than the heel.. you'll see if you follow the link. lol
Idle_Time is offline   Reply With Quote